Mistwalkers Fantasian in 4K on a Macbook Pro (Screenshots)

arkham_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By arkham_91

Fantasian has just released on Apple Arcade so I grabbed a couple 4k Screenshots with my Macbook Pro just to share. Its scanned in Diorama enviorments look super neat and the the Uematsu score is really excellent so far. I'm still pretty early but as someone who was pretty disappointed by Octopath Traveler and Bravely Default, this is hitting all the right PS1 era Final Fantasy notes. It also has Gamepad and Keyboard support so I don't see any reason why this couldn't get ported else where in the future. Some blurrier texture work is totally indistinguishable on mobile, but just look at those trees man...

FYI: You can choose standard Resolutions from 720p to 4k and have the option to run at either 30 or 60fps on a Macbook. No Resolution Settings on Mobile (Prob defaults to native resolution) but can choose between 30 or 60fps if your older Iphone/Ipad is chugging

arkham_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By arkham_91
No Caption Provided

Battle Shot!

HeelBill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HeelBill

I'm curious as to how this runs and plays on iPhone. I don't own a Mac at the moment.

If I hear good things, I will probably subscribe to Apple Arcade on my phone just to try it out.

Edit: I did not even know Apple Arcade stuff came to Mac. On the one hand it's nice that Arcade isn't constrained to iOS, but also annoying since I own a Razer Blade 15" laptop with a mobile RTX 2060 GPU that's obviously Windows.

arkham_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By arkham_91

@heelbill: It runs great on my Iphone 11. May dig out my 6S+ and see how the lowest supported Iphone handles it and report back. I feel you man, this would have made a great Windows/Switch game

HeelBill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have an 11 Pro Max so I'm sure it will run great. Hopefully touch screen controls aren't too bad!

arkham_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sooo, Definitely Chunky on a 6S at 60fps but bumping it down to 30fps helps. Cutscenes have minor stutters. The load times between different areas and the battle transitions are also much longer on the 6S (Not PS1 FF9 long, but close). Also a noticeable amount of compression on the Soundtrack when playing on my Mac with the desktop speakers. Still sounds good but it would have been nice to get a higher bit rate for the Mac version

Fluidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is SO good. It feels like coming home for an old school Final Fantasy fan.

I give it 8/10 so far, with my biggest complaints being that it starts off in a far less interesting way than Final Fantasy 4, 6, 7 or 9. I get that budget may keep it from starting out as flashy as 7, but FF 4 captures you right from the beginning with interesting concepts like a villian (Cecil) who is doubting his motivations for being a villain and having a crisis of faith, and that gorgeous and bombastic music.

The second big flaw with the game is the character designs. FF9 had such distinct, gorgeous characters that anything less is a noticible step down. The characters in fantasias just look like the silloutes of generic people who have different colored shirts and pants. This is c-grade stuff, at best.