Miyamoto, you piece of poop. (game recs for an 11 year old)

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

I was planning to get Luigi's Mansion for my brother's birthday, but that won't be as much of a surprise now that Miyamoto ruined it by sending everyone a wii-mii-mail (or w/e the f*** it's called) about it.

So just in case my brother decides to get the game for himself, what else can I get him? He has a 3DS and a Wii Mini. I was thinking of getting him a combo of Skyward Sword and Dark Moon.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Krockett

When is his birthday? Does he like Pokemon? The new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon comes out tomorrow. Also, I just got back from pre-ordering Luigis Mansion for myself (I'm 25 and have 2 kids), because the first was one of my favorite games on Gamecube.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When is his birthday? Does he like Pokemon? The new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon comes out tomorrow. Also, I just got back from pre-ordering Luigis Mansion for myself (I'm 25 and have 2 kids), because the first was one of my favorite games on Gamecube.

It's close to mid-April.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, other than Luigis Mansion 2 or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Im not sure what comes out before then. Another recommendations though, if he doesn't already own Paper Mario: Sticker Star its pretty fantastic also Super Mario 3D Land is great.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Wait so why is it bad Miyamoto did this? Was your brother unaware of the game or something?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait so why is it bad Miyamoto did this? Was your brother unaware of the game or something?

Yeah, he didn't know about it. He ran up to me saying how he got a message from Miyamoto about a new game.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@aegon said:

@turtlebird95 said:

Yeah, he didn't know about it. He ran up to me saying how he got a message from Miyamoto about a new game.

Miyamoto is trying to steal your gift thunder. You gonna have that? For real though, what is wrong with getting it for him now that he has expressed interest in it? Sure it won't surprise him and much and won't seem and creative a present, but I bet he'll enjoy it all the same. In fact if he knows of it and is wanting to play it, he may be more trilled.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well if he's 11, it's not like he can afford to get it himself so I think you're probably safe buying the game. Get a gift receipt? What am I saying, he's 11, just keep the receipt, if he already has it, get him something else.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By MEATBALL

Hell yes to Skyward Sword. Highly recommend Sticker Star on 3DS. Fire Emblem Awakening is a fine choice.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatball said:

Hell yes to Skyward Sword. Highly recommend Sticker Star on 3DS. Fire Emblem Awakening is a fine choice.

Yeah Fire Emblem is great, about 20 hours in myself and I can hardly put it down. Don't know if a 11 year old would like it, depends on his taste. I know I would had loved this game at 11.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Dagbiker

I dont know your brother (as much as Miyamoto) but as stated above sticker star is prety good. Also there are a lot of plane DS games you coud consider.But whatever you get him, do not get him the 3ds castlevania game.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Winternet

Dude, Miyamoto himself sent an e-mail. If it was me, I'd love to get an e-mail from Miyamoto.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jewunit

Kid Icarus might be a good 3DS game for him.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd just get it for him right now, go buy it with him, and tell him it's his birthday gift in advance. Might take out the surprise part of it, or the gift unwrapping, but I'm sure he'll be glad all the same.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@8bit_archer said:

@meatball said:

Yeah Fire Emblem is great, about 20 hours in myself and I can hardly put it down. Don't know if a 11 year old would like it, depends on his taste. I know I would had loved this game at 11.

I think with the Normal/Casual setting the game is super accessible. I'm not very good at tactical RPGs and I've been able to play stress-free on that setting while commuting.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By abendlaender

Well, Mario 3D Land is the obvious choice but I guess he already has that. Kid Icarus is fine or get both Mario Galaxys for the Wii.

It would be kinda cool to get him the original Luigi's Mansion + Dark Moon, but I'm not sure if the Mini Mii has BC.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I'd still get the game for him, I'm sure your little brother will really like the product whether you surprise him or not. And honestly being someone who hasn't played many Nintendo games in recent years, I'd still be stoked to get an email from Miyamoto himself. But if you want to surprise your little brother, I'd say get him either Sticker Star or Rhythm Thief if your brother likes rhythm games.

habibyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wtf is this thread

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Good Gift > Surprising Gift

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Super Mario 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D, Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess?

What has he already played?

confirm4crit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't know if the 21st is past it, I'll assume it is, but the 3DS version of the LEGO Undercover game is out then. The WiiU version has good word on it, but who knows about the 3DS version. I'd personally say get Mansion. Don't get Monster Hunter 3 unless you know he has played one of those and can handle it. (I can't even handle it right now xD). I've been playing Fire Emblem Awakening on and off, but I don't know he'd like it.

I tried to play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon's demo, but every time I boot it something gets in the way.

Mansion is probably the safest choice, now that he also has expressed interest, maybe you could even make the gift from you and Miyamoto! (lol jk)

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@49th said:

Super Mario 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D, Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess?

What has he already played?

3/4

No twighlight princess, but he's expressed an interest in Skyward Sword.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

Wait, why does it matter if he's heard of the game or not? Wouldn't his excitement about a game make it a better gift?