Monkey Island 5?

Warofthetwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Warofthetwins

Just wondering but does anyone know if a new Monkey Island game is ever coming? or is it dead?

Avatar image for luckywanderdude
LuckyWanderDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By LuckyWanderDude

Check out Ron Gilbert's (the designer) blog at grumpygamer.com.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BlackWaterCO

No, unless a publisher gives him a chance of a lifetime

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By OGCartman

This is why i love google

1oneWON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By 1oneWON

I really hope so. I LOVED the monkey island games with a passion. They were amazing. I don't think there ever will be, which is a shame. I just don't think they expect the kinds of sales figures that would justify development :-(

Hopefully people will tire of shooters soon (like they did with JRPGs that dominated the late 90s) and will look for different experiences like the ones offered by adventure games like Grim Fandango and the Monkey Islands

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By harrisonave

Only way I ever see that happening is if they write Darth Vader into the story somehow, since that seems to be all LucasArts cares about these days.

Avatar image for luckywanderdude
LuckyWanderDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LuckyWanderDude

LucasArts, how ye have fallen....

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shotaro
Artemis_D said:
"

Only way I ever see that happening is if they write Darth Vader into the story somehow, since that seems to be all LucasArts cares about these days.

"
so painfully true, I would dearly love another monkey island game but I just don't see it happenning, besides the fourth game wasn't really great other than the whole "Its pink" part
harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By harrisonave

Yeah, it breaks my heart.  If LucasArts isn't going to do anything with it, I wish they would just give it to Ron Gilbert, and let him do as he wishes with it.  He's mentioned many times that he'd love to do another.

DarkArmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By DarkArmada

Only way I could see the series truly being revived is if a new game was released that ditched the 3D concept and went back to how the series began...

gotwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gotwood
1oneWON said:
"I really hope so. I LOVED the monkey island games with a passion. They were amazing. I don't think there ever will be, which is a shame. I just don't think they expect the kinds of sales figures that would justify development :-(

Hopefully people will tire of shooters soon (like they did with JRPGs that dominated the late 90s) and will look for different experiences like the ones offered by adventure games like Grim Fandango and the Monkey Islands
"

I think people want to play traditional 2d and point and click adventures. I know I do. It is hard to find a good point and click adventure or a 2d game for the matter anymore. I bet, you could ask anyone on this forum and any gaming forum if they would like to see these type of games made I bet they would say yes. There are so many dev pushing the realm of 3D why not push the realm of 2D or point and click adventures. Man, do you know cool of a game could be if they did a game like that. Espailly a Moneky Island or a quest for glory game.

DarkArmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By DarkArmada