We discuss who we think the most couragous protagonists or characters in video games are.
- cour·age Noun /ˈkərij/ /ˈkə-rij/
- noun: bravery, valour, valor, pluck, gallantry, nerve, heart, daring, boldness, mettle, spirit, hardihood, prowess, audacity, guts
- The ability to do something that frightens one
- she called on all her courage to face the ordeal
- Strength in the face of pain or grief
- he fought his illness with great courage
I nominate The Vault Dweller from Fallout 1.
Why: The Vault Dweller lived a sheltered life inside a Vault, surrounded by amenities and all his needs being taken care of. But then out of the blue, he is required to go out into a hellish wasteland which he knows nothing about without training or a large amount of supplies (yes he gets supplies, but it's not much.)
Other notable mentions are Isaac Clark from the Dead Space games, Link from the Legend of Zelda games, and the protagonists of the Silent Hill games (I haven't played them)
Please provide reasoning and evidence to support your nominations.
One example of a not-so-good nomination would be Master Chief from the Halo games. He's a biologically and technologically engineered super soldier with a lifetime of training and a huge arsenal, he can walk up to any challenge and know to himself that he very well might succeed. I'm not calling him a coward, or saying he doesn't have gall, I'm just saying he didn't have to sum up as much courage as the aforementioned characters.