Most Disappointing Game You Ever Bought?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By crusader8463

I will just copy paste my post from the other thread about the same topic.

LA Noir on PC. I can run crysis on high at 1920x1080 at a nice 30 FPS and tons of other high end "power" games with zero problems, but I can't even run LA noir at 800x600 with everything turned off. It's literally a slide show it runs so terribly. I'm well and beyond the minimum specs as well, but it's literally unplayable. Between that and GTA 4 being in basically the same boat I will never buy a Rockstar game on PC again.

Also, Dragon Age 2. That game made me so dam sad after how much I loved Origins.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By samfo

spore

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By alexpiercey

@Coreymw said:

Halo 2.

Halo: CE was, at the time, one of the greatest games I had ever played. Everything about it appealed to me, space, a stellar war between several races, it was everything I thought I wanted in a game. Then, leading up to the release of Halo 2 I took part in the ARG, I was pumped, everyone I knew was pumped. When I got it home and played it I was devastated. It was a mixture of my own anticipation and the over hyping in the media. That game was everywhere at all times.

I suppose I could understand someone not liking it, but I guess it worked for me because Halo 2 was my first Halo. I couldn't get enough of it, especially the multiplayer.

As a matter of fact it is my favorite.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By BrockNRolla

The answer to this question is and forever will be "Dragon Age 2."

whatsarobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By whatsarobot

South Park for the N64. And it cost about $100. So sad.

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56  Edited By sawtooth

@SamFo said:

spore

agreed

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By napalm

Twisted Metal.

Yes, I am serious.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By mordukai

Dead Space 2. That game disappointed me on so many levels.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59  Edited By Deranged

Most disappointing game? Gears of War 2... Awesome story, horrendous gameplay and multiplayer. Gears 3 barely redeemed itself but it became WAY too noob friendly.

@Sgtpierceface said:

@Coreymw said:

Halo 2.

Halo: CE was, at the time, one of the greatest games I had ever played. Everything about it appealed to me, space, a stellar war between several races, it was everything I thought I wanted in a game. Then, leading up to the release of Halo 2 I took part in the ARG, I was pumped, everyone I knew was pumped. When I got it home and played it I was devastated. It was a mixture of my own anticipation and the over hyping in the media. That game was everywhere at all times.

I suppose I could understand someone not liking it, but I guess it worked for me because Halo 2 was my first Halo. I couldn't get enough of it, especially the multiplayer.

As a matter of fact it is my favorite.

I've played every Halo game yet and Halo 2 is still my favourite. Campaign was better in most regards save for the cliffhanger and the multiplayer was absolutely incredible.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Pinworm45

Far and away Command and Conquer 4.

WHAT THE FUCK

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By mosdl

Rage on PC probably. Bought it on sale and played some, the shooting wasn't great and there were still textures issues.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By warxsnake

Probably Brink because I had decent amount of anticipation for it unlike shitty games that we all know are shitty.

juanvaldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By juanvaldes

MOO3

Largest drop in game quality from one game to another ever. So bad it killed a franchise dead.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By _Zombie_

I have two. Halo: ODST, and Viking: Battle for Asgard. Now I'll address ODST first, as it's the more disappointing one, because me and my brother split the game to pay new. And what we got was.. well, just not fun. I actually got excited over playing as a human ODST soldier with stealth-heavy gameplay. I didn't exactly get that. A lot of the levels have you basically pulling off some of the same shit as before, 'cept now you don't have shields, which the developers equate with increased mortality, or something. Then there's the fact that the storyline was just so god damned confusing. One flashback happened, then another, and another, and after awhile.. I just lost track of how these were supposed to line up chronologically. Also, it kind of feels like the developers wanted to go for a more open-ended mission structure.. but it ended up being somewhat linear regardless. Not fun, and the multiplayer barely made up for the original cost of the game.

Now, Viking isn't as bad. I paid $8.95 for it in the bargain bin at GameStop, so I had a bit of an idea that it might be crap. But man, did I not know how bad. The gameplay was just.. ugh. Skarin's combat was sluggish and damned-near impossible when fighting against large groups. The stealth missions were infuriating, and the followup where you took over the fortress was worse, and the formula was basically cloned for each one. Go in at night, fuck up their shit in sneaky fashion, get eff out of dodge. Return with massive uber-army, burst down walls, defeat troll/other ginormous beast, take out their mages, then take out the leader, and hooray, you win! Got extremely trying towards the end of the game. The sieges themselves were chaotic and annoying, and the amount of enemies on-screen sometimes froze the disc. Dragons felt a bit tacked-on, and didn't really play as massive a role as they were supposed to. Overall, not a good game, but it was cheap, so I knew what I was getting into.

catpowerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By catpowerd

I brought a copy of Saints row 2 and when I got home there was no disk in the case. That was pretty disapointing

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By devilzrule27

Resistance 2. I absolutely loved the first game and was so excited for the second but they went and made it all generic. Probably the most let down by a game I've ever been. Ratchet Deadlocked, Dragon Age 2, and FF13 are right up there as well.

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#67  Edited By UncleDisco

Brutal Legend.

Had such high hopes.. and the charm was there... But man all that weird ass third person strategy game, really ruined the game for me.

SilvarusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SilvarusLupus

Spyro: A New Beginning. God that game sucks hard.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By sungahymn

@Canteu said:

@Crypt135 said:

Dragon Age 2.

JC_Denton46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By JC_Denton46

I agree with the RE5 comments

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By hbkdx12

Facebreaker

Bought it thinking it was a spiritual successor to Ready 2 Rumble

>_>

benitobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By benitobb

Fable III

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By hbkdx12
@corruptsaves said:

NBA Street Homecourt

I loved NBA Street V3 on the Gamecube, with extra Nintendo characters to play as and it even seemed to suite the game pad as well. I was a bit late getting a PS3 so Homecourt had already been out awhile. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but it just didn't feel the same and was quite a bare bones game overall.

Hope another Street game comes out eventually.

To this i would say I found Street V3 disappointing. Pretty good game but man oh man NBA street Volume 2 was just on point with everything. The music was great, lots of modes, features and tons of new tricks. The game was smooth and it struck a nice balance between realistic and cartoony in terms of the visuals. It was just so fuckin great. Put so many hours into that game and that's not even considering that you could make your MJ dream team with 3 MJs from 3 different eras. Just fuckin awesome. Never bothered to pick up homecourt

@onan said:

Def Jam Icon. Def Jam Fight For New York was one of my favorite games of the last generation, but Icon managed to turn it into a piss-poor 2D fighter that has more in common with Beat Hazard than the previous title.

I co-sign on this so much. Def Jam FFNY was like fighting game perfection on a disc outside of your typical street fighters and such. There was so much to that game. Just the fact that you were able to have 4 special moves in your arsenal at any given moment was awesome. The gameplay was just top notch. I had people play that game that despise rap and hip-hop that ended up loving that game because of how it played. 

When i saw Icon and how great the game looked and great the characters looked, i was so excited thinking it's just gonna be a next gen FFNY. Smh...never been so wrong

FFNY is the only game (next to freedom fighters) that i wish MS would have made backward compatiable but nooooooo. Fuckers

Between Icon and Facebreaker, i can't give these two piece of shit games away.
ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ShaggE

Dead Rising. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but I bought a 360 mainly because the demo was so insanely fun. I expected the entire game to be as detailed and packed with stuff as the opening plaza was, but instead I got a whole bunch of stupidly frustrating boss fights and oddly empty plazas that got too dark to comfortably play in during the night cycle.

I still put an obscene number of hours into it, though, so it couldn't have been that bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo 2, Oblivion, Fable III, and Dragon Age II. It says a lot about Fable III that I didn't have very high expectations going in, and I was STILL bitterly disappointed by it.

Nerolus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76  Edited By Nerolus

SWTOR.

I cried.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#77  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@MasturbatingestBear said:

So this is similar to the topic about the worst game you ever bought?

Hmm, Crisis Core.

You never liked Crisis Core? I thought it was a great game that strengthened the story of FF7 as a whole by showing another side to Cloud and Sephiroth. It actually made me care for Aerith, unlike when I played 7. My favorite part of seven's story was the part in Nibelheim. Playing that was great and I loved the last ending.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By hatking

Lord of the Rings: Conquest. I absolutely adored Pandemic's work on the Star Wars: Battlefront games, and when I heard they were going to do something similar with another franchise I loved on this generation of consoles I ran out and pre-ordered instantly. I'm pretty sure I finished playing the game in a couple of days never to go back. Absolute disappointment. I still wish that there were some chance that a game like that could come out and do it right.

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ShaunassNZ

Black Ops for PC. When Treyarch said they were going to give a fuck, I thought they would. 360 version was fun for a little though.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Saints Row: The Third made me disappointed with my own mediocre existence.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Brutal Legend. Easily.

Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82  Edited By Deleth

Dragon Age 2.

Dragon Age 2.

And let me think about it, I think Dragon Age 2.

therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#83  Edited By therabidfrog

Ghostbusters for the NES.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#84  Edited By swoxx

@sungahymn said:

@Canteu said:

@Crypt135 said:

Dragon Age 2.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jack268

Crysis 2

That game is so ass compared to the first. The sandbox editor is good though.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By phrosnite

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and Limbo

sushisteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By sushisteve

I'd say Final Fantasy 11, but if you're going for pure difference between expectations and reality Far Cry 2 stands as one of the most disappointing recent games I've bought.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#88  Edited By asurastrike

Final Fantasy XIII

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By jetsetwillie

@Jack268 said:

Crysis 2

That game is so ass compared to the first. The sandbox editor is good though.

weird, i actually liked 2 more than the first. found it more focused and a better shooter. plus i got bored of the endless tree's and sand in the first.

still loved both though

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Seppli

@p00rdevil:

Rune? By Human Head? It's only like one of my most favorite games ever. Of course last I played it was like 10 years ago, when it came out, but I've fond memories of chopping off heads. Tight controls, fun dungeoneering and bloody guts & gore is what I remember. Don't you inform yourself before buying into games? Oh well...

I'm sure it didn't hold up too well... let's check a youtube video...

NOPE - still looks AWSUM!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By zeforgotten

Wait For-Elevators 2... 

Damn it, I meant Half-Life 2. 

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Ravenlight

From Dust on PC. What a piece of trash. Fuck you, Ubisoft.

GuyIncognito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By GuyIncognito

lee carvallo's putting challenge

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#94  Edited By viking_funeral

Animaniacs for the SNES.

I was 12 and actually spent Christmas money on this. $60 was a lot to a kid at the time, and it's not like there were any places to return games to. It was also the first game I played right after finishing one of my all-time favorites, Final Fantasy VI. It just sat on my shelf, next to my good games, just mocking my bad decision.

Dragon Age 2 was a horrible disappointment, but it wasn't nearly as bad as some of the stuff I've shelled out money for not knowing how crap they were.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#95  Edited By willin

Uncharted 2 and Bioshock simply because before I played them I was under the impression that they're the greatest games of this generation. They were not.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By RyuHayabusa

King of fighters XII

Dead Rising 2 : off the record

Every GTA game after San Andreas

veiasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By veiasma

Brink.

I REALLY wanted to like that game...

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#98  Edited By Daveyo520

Dragon Age II. I still liked it but it was still very disappointing.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In recent memory, LA Noire. What a horrid, horrid way to implement game mechanics. 

GuyIncognito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By GuyIncognito

@Willin said:

Uncharted 2 and Bioshock simply because before I played them I was under the impression that they're the greatest games of this generation. They were not.

I usually buy overhyped "best ever" games on steam sales for $5 or in a $5 bundle. That includes Bioshock. I didn't get into it either but at least I didn't lose a lot of money. I'm waiting for Skyrim to hit the $5 mark.