Most Popular/Best RTS Out Right Now?

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I'm kinda in a strategy mood at the moment. I haven't played an RTS since Starcraft 2 first came out, and it had a ton of hype surrounding it. Is that still the most played RTS out there right now? Any suggestions on a strategy game I could start playing?

I know SC2 is old enough that I'll probably get destroyed by everyone, so if anyone has any advice for that particular problem as well, I'm all ears.

Also, as a side question, anyone know of a good multiplayer turn-based strategy game (I don't really like Civ because matches take 1,000 hours)? Is there anything that plays like Final Fantasy Tactics, or Fire Emblem, but that is multiplayer/competitive?

Thanks in advance!

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mast: SC2 with Heart of the Swarm is still the most played and hey, maybe Legacy of the Void comes out eventually and that might be a good point to jump on that again.

eladren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By eladren

Dan seemed to enjoy "grey goo" quite a bit, here is the quicklook:

Loading Video...

Personaly I always enjoy my time with "sins of a solar empire"

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By IamTerics

I'm pretty sure that no RTS gets anywhere close to the player base(or the multiplayer systems) that Starcraft 2 does. Checking steamcharts.com makes it look like Company of Heroes 2 and Total War Rome 2 are pretty popular, Rome 2 doubly so. I've also heard good things about Wargame Red Dragon and I personally like Men of War Assault Squad 2. Though none of those get even a tenth of the SC2 player count.

With your second question Duelyst was a kickstarted game that is supposedly that. Its currently in sometype of beta. I remember people being bummed out that it was going F2P, unlike they promised. Hopefully it'll be good?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Probably still Starcraft 2 for popularity, since nothing has hit mass appeal as an RTS since then.

It still may be one of the best, aside from the dumb story. The gameplay was super good and the campaign had some awesome design. But I can't say I spend a lot of time with the genre anymore, although Grey Goo was kind of neat.