MVP - Exquisite Corp: XCom Pt3

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Poll MVP - Exquisite Corp: XCom Pt3 (150 votes)

Vincenzo Caravella 18%
Alex Navarro 58%
Daniel Ryckert 6%
Dave Lang 17%

Thought this might be a fun thread to follow the episodes with, even though I'm starting it late. If it catches on with good discussions, might go back so we can retroactively vote MVPs for parts one and two.

So! Who do ya'll think was the MVP of the latest Excquisite Corp, X-Com Part 3?

Vincenzo Caravella

For selflessly running into the enemy line of sight, drawing their fire away from allies. This distraction allowed teammates to advance towards the evacuation zone and create a better firing opportunity. A commitment to the mission and trust in his allies is worthy of the highest praise.

Alex Navarro

For landing critically important low percentage shots multiple times, sometimes in succession, averting danger from nearbye allies. A courageous display of confidence not many could pull off, especially when faced with odds stacked against them.

Daniel Ryckert

For selflessly leading running head-on into danger on the rooftops that had already been responsible for the demise of teammates. This, just moments after he rushed to aid of a fallen ally. Being a leader sometimes means getting your hands dirty, and he showed exactly how to do just that.

Dave Lang

For being the first to rush towards the aid of a downed comrade. Regardless of dangers surrounding his new positions, he performed beyond his comfort zone to utilize all weapons in arsenal, entering the Lang Zone.

• 
Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Lang. Always Lang. He'll outlive them all.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Alex Navarro reminded me of the greatest highs of XCOM; he called "Kobe" after every shot and drained them all.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By forteexe21

Can i vote "Everyone but Dan"?

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Alex was clutch in this particular episode - hit the 50% shots that needed taking.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@nodima said:

Alex Navarro reminded me of the greatest highs of XCOM; he called "Kobe" after every shot and drained them all.

Alex was clutch in this particular episode - hit the 50% shots that needed taking.

That's exactly what made me want to make this poll. Couldn't believe his performance.

43 votes so far. I think I'll go and make retrospective polls for the parts 1 and 2 and keep this going for the series!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Navarro made the best of an impossible situation, but eventually his luck ran out. I salute his efforts.

Unfortunately, you can only survive your commander leaving you flanked or out of cover so many times. It was kinda hilarious hearing Vinny's aghast "what?" as Dan issued Alex's final order, a pointless move directly into a clearly flanked position indicated by a big red icon.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By mrfluke

Navarro could have very well carried the whole team if dan didn't mess up how to use him.

And Vinny as well, but it is how it is. Looking forward to seeing mech versions of those guys if they get that far

Also I agree that oddly enough Dave Lang will probably be the last one standing

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

That battle was such a disaster, it's hard to pick an MVP. I know they should try to win and all that, but either Abby or Alex should sacrifice Daniel, so they can start over.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't know what definition of "rushed" you're using, but that's definitely not what Dan did when it came to rescuing Vinny.

#TeamAlex

buffaloseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

You know, at the beginning of this episode I was hopeful. Dan really picked up the base-building and was thinking pretty strategically and setting things up. Then once the mission started...goodness. What a disaster.

My vote goes for Alex; without his clutch 50% shots the whole mission would have been a complete failure.