MW3, Skyrim, or Saints Row The Third?

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheGodPoet

I've finally got my PS3 fixed after a long year of playing no games and I'm still wondering why it took so long. Anyway, I have enough money to get one new $60 game and I was wondering which out of those three games I should get or if you have other suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

MW3 is just COD I know but many of my friends are playing it and I'm not burnt out on the series from not playing Black Ops.

I've played Morrowind and Oblivion and I really loved the time I spent with each one. Skyrim looks like it blows both of those out the water but I've heard the PS3 version has some serious issues.

I love the Saints Row series and Saints Row The Third looks fucking insane so I'm positive it'll be a fun experience.

I'm stuck on which game I should choose so I need some opinions. If you have a better idea then these three games please share it. Thanks in advance.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I would say Skyrim however the PS3 version is the most screwed up version so I would wait to get that...I really am enjoying MW3 and I thought I was burnt out from COD this year but it is pretty fun! I haven't tried Saints Row yet but I think I will get it when it is a little cheaper and when I don't have so many games to play.

I would also recommend Dark Souls if you are up for a difficult but fun game! Just know that it is a challenge and you will struggle at first but it is very fun otherwise.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By daiphyer

Try to find both Skyrim and Saints Row 3 cheap. If you live in UK, Amazon has a fantastic deal on both of them.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

yes ps3 version of skyrim is busted... Saints Row the third is a cool game, go with that... or batman arkham city, either choice is the correct choice.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Andorski

Don't get Skyrim on the PS3. While a few users are stating that their experience isn't plagued by performance issues, the gamble of playing 40 hours into a game until you find out that your framerate goes into single digits is a bet not worth taking.

So it comes down to whether you want to play with friends (MW3) or have a single player experience (Saints Row: The Third).

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By nohthink

@Sincillian: It seems like everybody is saying Skyrim on PS3 is a terrible experience. I personally never had that experience and I played for 60 hours. But it's not worth the risk so that's out.

MW3 with friends is an amazing experience and Saints Row; The Third is super fun to play.

I guess it comes down to your personal preference. If you want a crazy single player experience, go with Saints Row. If you want "the CoD experience" go with that.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By JCTango

Keep your eye on The Last of Us. It looks like it could be pretty decent. Of the three you listed, I'd probably lean towards MW3 if you like shooters.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ravenlight

Duder. You should play SR3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

From reading your post, it sounds like Saints Row: The Third would be the best choice. As someone like you who loved the previous games, the Third was an awesome roller coaster ride that I'm glad to have enjoyed, and I'm looking forward to playthrough #2. Just don't let the things they've taken out annoy you and go with the flow - what they've added is more than enough to compensate.

Modern Warfare 3 is a very good game that sticks to the conventional CoD gameplay, which isn't a bad thing in the least, but it may very well be what burns you out on the series. I personally really like how CoD plays, but something about MW3, as good as it is, just doesn't scratch the itch like even Black Ops did. Skyrim is amazing, especially for lovers of the previous Elder Scrolls games, but it might not be worth taking the risk on the PS3 version right now, when you have two perfectly good choices alongside it. It's something I would highly recommend picking up in the future, and perhaps it will be cheaper and a completely smooth experience for all by that point.

Avatar image for thechronodarkness
thechronodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Welll....I was easily going to say saints row 3 and skyrim you must buy both at once....but...

Modern warfare 3, rent it at a redbox, finish the campaign in 4 hours, perhaps try out the special missions and multiplayer? Your finished. Its a good game, just not a game I really can say is worth your 40-60$.

Saints row 3.....See, heres the thing. The first time through, it really is a complete blast. But after I finished it, I didn't really care if I went back into it or not. Rented it from redbox as well, completely beat the 14 hour single player in two days. A must play, but I would wait until it got alittle cheaper.

Now.....Skyrim. Heres where everyones going back and forth. The framerate issue is a HUGE concern. The system only has 256megs of ram, which I'm surprised was enough to run oblivion. Actually it couldn't play morrowind on max settings. I have seen some ps3 users have texture problems, but its not as dramatic as the 360 version install used to be. Considering my quad core processor has a fun time with the game, the ps3s one 3ghz single core multithreaded processor is really testing its limits with it. I mean, its more efficient than any other processor out there, but simply compared to the raw 3 core 3ghz power of the 360 or a pc, it just simply can't handle what skyrim wants. Neither console runs at a true 720p either, but what game in this or last generation does run in their stated resolution?

Kindof in short? I'd say just rent all of these games, beat modern warfare 3, if you really really like saints row 3? Get it. And rent skyrim for many hours, and see if the issues effect you or not.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mikey87144

The correct answer is get Skyrim. As bad as it can get on PS3 it's the best game of the bunch. Plus Bethesda has promised to fix it. (People forget but Oblivion on PS3 was the best console version of the game... eventually). If you don't want to risk the framerate issues get Saints Row 3. Has good co-op, good multiplayer, and bananas bat-shit crazy, fucking awesome campaign. MW3 is worth a rental. $2 was what that game cost me and it was $2 well spent.

moncole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By moncole

Get Saints Row the Third. Get Skyrim when GOTY edition comes out.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Vexxan

Skyrim's busted so go for Saints Row.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By Hailinel

Play Saints Row: The Third. Seriously.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By AlexW00d

@thechronodarkness: The Cell processor is a single main core plus 8 cores (of which do most of the computations) at 3.2ghz, not single core 3ghz. It's an incredible piece of hardware that no-one seems to know how to use.