My budgeting based on your gaming budget finds the best gaming budget

Avatar image for sometingbanuble
sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

I'm by no means a wealthy man. I could probably buy every game i wanted and not really notice. However, my problem is that i'm ultra conservative when I shouldn't be. Gaming makes up a huge part of my day-to-day. I write reviews, listen to podcasts, and play a ton of games. I am exclusively playing on the Switch. When you don't buy Nintendo games you realize your average sale price is about $7.50. So on a budget of $60 a week ($3000 a year) I could play the hell out of alot of games. I was thinking of maybe spending my cash rewards from my credit card. What do you guys budget?

THE RIGHT ANSWER is not for me to do what works for me or that i'm a grown Ace man. Looking for discourse.

sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamepass comments will be marked as "obvious, but not for me." And deleted.

Besetment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hey you asked earlier what sim games we rolled credits on. I beat Minecraft. Does that count?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

As a grown Ace man, I just buy the games I want when I want them. I'm not concerned about my purchasing habits, really, I personally need to think more about budgeting my time and sticking with it.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

One should not have to squint at a forum post…

Anyway I can buy like… A Game per month and that’s gonna be part of just general leisure funds I ain’t got the cash to have a dedicated gaming budget.

sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@besetment: that does count! i didnt think of that as a sim but it kind of is. Unbeatable games that you've beaten. Next board post. The wrongs answers are fighting games, dark souls, and online only games (wow, pubg, fortnite)

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By judaspete

I can afford to buy basically whatever game I want, but with such a huge backlog I can't justify the cost. So I wait for steep discounts. Generally don't purchase anything over $10. Have gone over that for a few Nintendo games since they are dicks about price though. Smash Bros is the only thing I've pre-ordered in at least ten years.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I don't budget, but i'll keep track of sale-prices. AAA games pretty much never get bought before they hit the 15$ mark. I don't have that impulsive need to play games at launch, and there's not enough sympathy towards the AAA-industry for me to let go of my guard and buy a game for a higher price out of goodwill. I'd rather buy an indie game at full price, knowing that it's actually vital for a small team to extract as much as they can from their typically smaller audience.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I budget my time more than money. I buy things when I'm going to play them. Occasionally, if there is a game I'm considering and it goes on deep sale, I'll pick it up. Otherwise, whatever the price when I get around to playing it, that's the price.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ghost_cat

@ginormous76: Same, time is the bigger currency than money for me. I can buy whatever I want at anytime, but I only have time for like, at most, one souls games and either a main Final Fantasy game or GTA per year (time-wise, doesn't have to be specifically those titles). Sometimes I forget I bought a game that's just been sitting around, so I end up giving them to friends and family just because I got things to do.

sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After hearing people out, I think i might just wish list games and only buy them when they are on sale. I'm tired of getting inspired to buy games that i won't ever play. Right now Elden Ring is on my radar yet i don't have an xbox hooked up nor do i have a tv bigger than this 20" 720p which qualified as a tv back in 2005. That is why i've been going Switch mainly. I've spent about $600 in a year including the Switch Purchase and 2 extra sets of joycons. I have about 20 digital games and 7 physical games. I feel like i should spend more since this is a decimal point percentage of my income. Feels like i'm a car enthusiast driving a KIA when i have BMW money. Should i just buy the scalper priced Xbox Series and PS5 (i've held back since i dont want to enable the scalpers.. see the thread about the guy selling his steamdeck) since it's not that big of a hit?

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sometingbanuble: I got a Twitter account just to get the notifications from Wario64 on PS5 releases, and I had one after less than a month and deleted the account. I don’t know if I got lucky or what, but it wasn’t too bad a wait or effort, and definitely better than paying a scalper price.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sometingbanuble: I figure you should try to find one at double price and then maybe grab a second just as a backup, that way you can get some more humble brags out of the way.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sometingbanuble: Are you just trying to low-key tell everyone you have a problem not spending the BMW money you have on games and a normal television, with all of the hours you have dedicated to games, because you rather make it a inconvenient social experiment?