My favorite years in gaming history!

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

It seems we have been spoiled this past decade. Hard to think that 2017 can be topped, but we have a lot of good stuff potentially releasing next year. Nice write up! Also glad you gave a shout out to Mass Effect 3 in 2012. It's a great game!

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

You're missing Rome Total War and Sid Meier's Pirates in 2004, but otherwise good collection of notable games for each year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My favorite year is 2005 on PC and console.

• RE4
  • Battlefield 2
  • F.E.A.R.
  • Indigo Prophecy
  • Condemn Criminal Origin
Avatar image for lenient_lasagna
Lenient_Lasagna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

2003 was such a great year for me. As a Nintendo fanboy, that was the year I learned to love my Xbox. My buddy brought over KotOR and PoP: Sands of Time. I had played Sands of Time on GameCube a bit before then but it just felt right on the Xbox, the triggers felt better than the GC shoulder buttons for the actions you were doing and it looked a lot better. KotOR took me a while to get because I wasn't an RPG kid, but it has since become my favorite RPG (and the first I've ever beaten). We also played Halo multiplayer which I hadn't really experienced before because I mainly played the single player whenever I'd rent it. So taht was amazing. 2005 furthered my love for that system with Stranger's Wrath, Jade Empire, and Psychonauts.

guip1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

User Lists: 153

#6  Edited By guip1408

It's hard because it seems I might be putting down some great years, but that's just how much great games we had in history. Every single time I was writing the best games from that year I thought: "wow, this year is kind of low on the rankings". Then I checked the ones above and was like: "oh, yeah, right...". Every year has its greatness.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

2017 is the new 1998. Every platform has had brilliant releases this year. I think Nintendo takes the cake but PS4 comes a close second. And on PC Divinity Original sin has to be my GOTY for sure. Maybe Xbox is lagging a bit but man, what a fantastic year!