My plastic intrument decision

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Wolverine

The only music game I have had over the years was Guitar Hero 2 and it ended up breaking for some reason so I returned it. After that, my friend game me his GH 2 controller for free because it only strumed down and I am left handed so I would bring it over friend's houses if we were going to play Rock Band.

When I saw Ryan's post I contemplated if I should buy the Xbox 360 version of Guitar Hero World Tour for $90 and with much thought I decided to order it. It isn't that $90 is that much money but I was considering buying The Beatles: Rock Band Bundle so it was a tough decision for me because I'm a huge Beatles fan. At the end of the day though these games are really mean't for those times when there are a lot of people over your house and I would be pretty nervious about those Beatles intruments getting damaged, considering how expensive they are. I don't really mind paying $90 for these intruments and GH 4, than later spending $60 on The Beatles: Rock Band. I save $100 and I get an extra game.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Wolverine

The only music game I have had over the years was Guitar Hero 2 and it ended up breaking for some reason so I returned it. After that, my friend game me his GH 2 controller for free because it only strumed down and I am left handed so I would bring it over friend's houses if we were going to play Rock Band.

When I saw Ryan's post I contemplated if I should buy the Xbox 360 version of Guitar Hero World Tour for $90 and with much thought I decided to order it. It isn't that $90 is that much money but I was considering buying The Beatles: Rock Band Bundle so it was a tough decision for me because I'm a huge Beatles fan. At the end of the day though these games are really mean't for those times when there are a lot of people over your house and I would be pretty nervious about those Beatles intruments getting damaged, considering how expensive they are. I don't really mind paying $90 for these intruments and GH 4, than later spending $60 on The Beatles: Rock Band. I save $100 and I get an extra game.
Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xandurson

Well you definitely made a smart decision financially. I plan on owning all the music games for the 360 though because I'm a huge fan of music games.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, dude. I did the same thing, except I got the RB2 bundle instead of GH:WT. Both are compatible, so that's all that really matters. You make a good point about others handling the expensive Beatles instruments. This way you end up saving a lot of money in the long run and still can play the game when it comes out. 9/9/09.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolverine
@TheGreatGuero: How much did you pay for the RB2 bundle?
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero
@Wolverine: $95 new at Gamestop.com during their sale a couple weeks ago. Free 3 day shipping too, and shipping is usually extra for the game since it's such a large item. It was money well spent, dude. I'm glad you found a similar offer for GH:WT. Now we can both rock to the Beatles in September.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Have fun playing it for two days and then getting bored of the gimmicks!

LeoMinor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LeoMinor
@TheGreatGuero said:
" @Wolverine: $95 new at Gamestop.com during their sale a couple weeks ago. Free 3 day shipping too, and shipping is usually extra for the game since it's such a large item. It was money well spent, dude. I'm glad you found a similar offer for GH:WT. Now we can both rock to the Beatles in September. "
Was the condition of the box messed up like the site said, or was that just to cover their ass?
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolverine
@SmugDarkLoser said:
" Have fun playing it for two days and then getting bored of the gimmicks! "
Yeah I am a little worried that I might get bored of it. Should I cancel my order?
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cspiffo
@Wolverine said:
" @SmugDarkLoser said:
Yeah I am a little worried that I might get bored of it. Should I cancel my order?
"
Different strokes for different folks.  I got RB2 over the holiday and still play it at least once a week.  It's also one of the only games my wife (non-gamer) and son (4yrs old) can play with me (no fail ftw!).  I hope you have fun with your purchase.  $90 is an excellent price to pay for one of these bundles.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolverine
@cspiffo: Sadly I just cancelled my order because I want to give my purchase more thought but it is still up for $90 so I still have time.
T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By T0mF5

I say do it if you have the money.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cspiffo
@Wolverine:   Do you like rock music?  Have you ever thought about learning how to play an instrument?  If you answer yes to either question and, like T0mF5 said, you have the money, then go for it.  I'm not sure why you cancelled your order in the first place.  Are you really that indecisive about this?  I bought it (actually it was a gift from my wife) for $190 and still thought it was a steal.  So much fun!
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wolverine
@cspiffo said:
" @Wolverine:   Do you like rock music?  Have you ever thought about learning how to play an instrument?  If you answer yes to either question and, like T0mF5 said, you have the money, then go for it.  I'm not sure why you cancelled your order in the first place.  Are you really that indecisive about this?  I bought it (actually it was a gift from my wife) for $190 and still thought it was a steal.  So much fun! "
Yeah the thing is I play guitar so I doubt I would play this unless friends are over. 
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cspiffo
@Wolverine:   Are you forgeting online mode?  There are lots of game centric challenges which make it fun even if you already play an instrument.  Hell, I've started learning the Guitar because of this game!
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheGreatGuero
@LeoMinor: The condition wasn't bad. It looked a little worn, but I ended up throwing the whole box away anyway since it wasn't anything I could ever reuse. All the instruments were in good shape, so overall it ended up being a really great deal.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wolverine
@cspiffo: I'll have to think about it. Your charisma is slowly convincing me to order the game again.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@Wolverine said:
"@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
On a serious note, maybe, maybe not.,   Guitar Hero 1 and 2 were the only games imo that really had a special quality that made then fun and addictive.   GH3 was so uninspired it wasn't funny.  World Tour was the best thing ever for that day I started playing with buds at 8pm and ended at 2am.  Rock Band 1 and 2 are probably more quality games, but still, they're don't have that magic.

I dunno, 90 isn't necessarily too bad.  I'd say maybe.  Just realize that it's nothing more than a party game now.
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cspiffo
@Wolverine:  Charisma bonus +4  :^)
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers