My PS3 uses too Much HDD space?

PHARAOH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PHARAOH

Im sorry but i was looking at my HDD space and im going to be out soon.  I bought a 60 at 600 bucks  and i only have 20 G left. When i checked my memory i noticed games like MGS 4 has 4.5 gigs installed, DMC 4 has 3.5, Unreal  has 3 gig, NGS has about 3 or 4 GIG's . All of my games are using anywhere from 1 to 5 Gigs of space. But its and average of 3 Gigs used. I'vereturned  Ratchet and  Uncharted so im not sure how  much they used but this cant go own. And yes i know i can get a bigger hard drive but that rounded PS3 top doesnt allow me to place something up there and then i have to find  a place to plug the thing up. I already have my 360 in there with my PS3  i dont have anymore room in that cabinet .The 360 and PS3 heats up the room enough. I think that's why the 360 will get away with not having a hard drive this generation. Because it will force the developer to use the hardware. Xbox does have the better streaming tech built in.

From team xbox

The name "embedded DRAM" is used because the memory is embedded directly onto a chip. The advantage of embedded RAM is that it offers a speed and bandwidth far superior to conventional out-of-the-chip memory. Think of it as comparing system memory (your computer RAM) with a microprocessor's cache memory.

that  256G/s Eram  in the 360 allows for great streaming . But the developer need too get off Epic's Unreal 3  dick because this middleware crap isn't the best way to utilized either console.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's the developers fault, they are too lazy to optimize their game well enough so they slap on some gigs in the HDD. Some games i understand like Oblvions 5GB install, but for a game like DMC4? I mean seriously it's just laziness.

But I would recommend you buy a bigger HDD anyways, I have a 500GB one, all my movies, videos, music, pics, PSN games, demos, game instals, etc, fit great on it. And I have over 20GB of music ffs! XD

But really if you use your PS3 as a media center at all (I do, for my family) then your best bet is to get a bigger HDD.

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Guiltyspark

thank blu rays slow ass read speeds