My quarantine will be much better served if I can see Vinny kill a new 64 bit Dracula.

baltaronsteam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just tossing this out there, might be me being crazy... but I feel like the Belmont clan has rested long enough and, given quarantine, we need to vanquish SOMETHING evil.

Vinnyvania 64 sounds like a perfectly beautiful thing to bring us together in this difficult time... perhaps with lockdown we could reunite the entire clan and Austin will 'chime in' and we can bring the whole crew back together to drive the vampire back? :P

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Sign me up

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Vinnyvania and Load our Last Souls are my favorite series on the site, so I'd love to see some more vinny and vampires.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Don't subject Vinny to Castlevania 64.

don't do that to vinny

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't subject Vinny to Castlevania 64.

don't do that to vinny

Yes, came here to say, this sounds like a great way to ruin Vinny's life.

baltaronsteam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie: Take the good Castlevania with the bad. We've had good, Rondo, Draculas Curse, SotN... and weve had bad, Simons Quest and Bloodlines.

I believe they said this was about a historical tour of the Castlevania franchise, we must continue on and hunt down Dracula in every great and horrible piece of code he is hiding in :P

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

My eyeballs have a hard time looking at what was considered good N64 graphics. The last thing I want to see are bad N64 graphics.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Castlevania 64 has its share of interesting ideas, but I wouldn’t want to inflict it upon anyone.

Isslander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need this in my life

johnwilinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I support Vinnyvania 64.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You want them to make a NEW Castlevania 64? Shouldn't they finish driving a wooden stake through the remaining copies of the cartridge for the ones they already made first?

Isn't that how it works? You destroy Castlevania 64 and then 100 years later a new one appears and your descendants have to destroy that one?

clintlandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I still rewatch Vinnyvania regularly. Dracula is still a threat! Let’s do this! (But seriously though, not having Austin involved would be a travesty.)

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be super curious to see Castlevania 64, as long as Vinny was playing it through emulation. It was hard enough to look at their composite output capture of Mario Sunshine before they got the HDMI adapter. I don't want to look at the interlaced, low res output of a real N64.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never played it, so I don't know if it would be a good-bad or bad-bad time, but either way I say GO FOR IT

At least, at some point.

I think there's something to be said for the idea that any feature that is at least somewhat about watching the player suffer should have other people in the room with them to share the suffering. It's just the nice thing to do. And moreover, way funnier.

Avatar image for deactivated-633b51f58caf2
deactivated-633b51f58caf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would LOVE to watch Vinny tackle the N64 and PS2 Castlevanias. They aren't the best, but they are in no way as bad as the internet makes them out to be. Great music throughout, good graphics for their day, and lots of cool bosses/moments.

A This is the Run revival with Contra: Shattered Soldier would also be amazing, even if it's just Vinny playing.

gornogorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! Please sixty-four

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I like Vinny playing Castlevania (CastleVinnia?)

But I'm good with not seeing 64 ever again. And after DK 64 I thought we learned our lesson about revisiting N64 platformers.

Curse of the Moon 2, that should bring back the Stania, at least.

Cory7911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the N64 game and not the GBA games?

Vinny seems to enjoy the older style games more anyways.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tmart: For sure I liked the ps2 games atleast. Lament of Innocence has some great songs, fun enough combat and powers though I remember the levels/rooms being pretty bad and back tracky. The other one that escapes me at the moment was fun in a grindy way cause of the summons or whatever they were, but I never beat that game. I don't remember much of it besides being fun to use the systems they gave you.

I definitely never understoond Lament of Innocence hate until I played more and better action games of the time. I still don't think it was bad comparatively, but worse than the better action ones and not the open free form of something like SotN (or tight BS levels of early games). Like not pleasing any fan on the ends of the spectrum for sure.

krelmoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cory7911: agreed GBA not N64 Vinny is a national treasure that must be protected. Don’t do Vinny like that. New Stainia would also be good.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LeStephan

n64! n64!

They arent as bad as people make em out to be....and if it turns out vinny does hate it after one episode he could always give up on the game and spare everyone the suffering and skip the 3d entries :P

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesn't have to beat the n64 ones, I don't think they actually hold up. |I would however like to see him tackle the ps2 or the gba ones.

steevl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By steevl

I'd still like to see him try the N64 games, but it seems more likely that he'd play Curse of the Moon 2.

Classicvanias definitely appeal to Vinny a lot more than the Metroidvanias, although he did seem to like Ritual of the Night a lot. It might be fun to see him attempt the first two games on the original Game Boy. Castlevania the Adventure is rough and I never did beat that game.

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

3-Dimensional Draculas? What horrific necromancers brought this about?!

I'll say this much, getting a quality stream setup for that game (it being an N64 game and all) from the home sounds like a nightmare, and I'm not quite sure Castlevania 64 is worth all the hassle.

Avatar image for electricbarrier
electricbarrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes please. Vinny's tough, he can take it, I know he can come out of it unscathed.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the reason the PS2 Castlevania's I spot having massive price tags because they're great? I has to be that, right?