I'm writing around 125 reviews because:
- Reviews on Reddit get buried
- I kept a journal for 3 years on the games i played while i finished college, recovered from a broken arm, and am now going through COVID-19. That stream of consciousness has never really been reflected on.
- I consume so much Giantbomb.com content and find the questions i email in are ignored for more crowd pleasers like, 'if you could only have 1 starburst what flavor would it be?"
- I'm pairing down my videogame collection and will be making a donation to the goodwill. I should not be keeping any 2, 3, or even 4 star games in my collection.
Of all the games I have my scoring philosophy is that there truly can be only:
- 5- 5 Star Games
- Those exist currently as PUBG, Animal Crossing (pick your system.. it's still a 5), Tony Hawk 3, Burnout 2 and Fallout 3.
- 10- 4 Star Games
- Infinite everything else
- Sites like Kotaku.com will do a top 20 games for a system and will move things off the list as necessary. I follow that same philosophy, Nobody wants to hear me drone on about the best games for a system. I should be able to rattle off 5. This review system will help me get there.
I don't play Nintendo games. I famously (friends from years ago might remember me saying this) but I never need to play another Mario game or ever see another episode of the Simpsons. This is circa 1999. I think I'm a fine individual having lived up to that promise and I cringe to think of who i would be had i not proclaimed that years ago. I am not anti-Nintendo. Even with COVID where during quarantine i hesitated to want to pick up a game where violence was celebrated I still couldn't bring myself to care about Animal Crossing, i dont have a switch anyway.. $80 for joycons is MTX level of shady. I find violent and apocalypse games actually have enriched my life now and have helped me cope better than i first imagined. Besides, animal crossing was a 5 out of 5 game on GameCube but Nintendo really hasn't gotten their online sophistication solid enough for me to even trust giving that game a try.
Log in to comment