• 54 results
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By LiquidPrince

So, I've been thinking a while, and decided to list my top eleven games this generation. Any game that is part of a franchise, I'll just name one, and you can assume it means I love the whole franchise. Also the list is in no particular order. So here, we, go...  

• (PS3) Uncharted 2

No Caption Provided
What can I say about Uncharted 2 that hasn't already been said? It has a perfectly balanced and addicting single player which never stops with the adrenaline. A multiplayer that is unmatched on PS3, and some of the best graphics around. I would say the best in my opinion. 

• (Wii) Muramasa

No Caption Provided
The reason I wanted a Wii. The game is pretty much an amazingly beautiful Metroidvania style game, and it takes place in a setting which I love. I say this because I was never really interested in Odin Sphere, but bring that technical presentation over into a different setting, and I'm all over it. Love at first sight.

No Caption Provided

• (PS3) God of War III

Dude, it's God of War III. It's Kratos. And it's his final bloody battle (on consoles). The pleasure you get from cutting up centaurs and smashing godly faces in is almost unmatched.

• (PS3) Assassin's Creed 2

I
No Caption Provided
'm one of those people that loved the first Assassin's Creed despite some of its "flaws". It was really unique and brought forth an interesting angle to open world games. Realistically climb anything. The sequel just improved on the first and made everything feel more badass. That and you had a more compelling lead character with some pathos. 

No Caption Provided

• (PS3) Prince of Persia

I'm Giantbombs resident Prince of Persia fanatic. You want proof, go read some of the threads back when Prince of Persia 08 was coming out. I was practically losing it. What can I say, no one wall runs quite like the prince. 

• (NDS) Professor Layton

No Caption Provided
If there is any game on the DS worth having, it's this one. My god this game is great. Beautiful art, that look even better in the motion cutscenes. Amazing voice work, and stories that will keep you hooked 'till the end. That and the gameplay is pretty damn addicting as well. 

No Caption Provided

• (360) Mass Effect 2

Oh man, I always wanted to get into Mass Effect. I even bought both the first one and the second on PC, but just could never get the hang of playing it with a mouse and keyboard. What can I say, I'm not really a PC gamer. But now that I got my 360, I fell in love with this game. It's so damn addicting, with some of the best voice work and facial animation around. That all leads to believable characters, even in the aliens. Love. 

• (360) Gears of War 2

No Caption Provided
Chainsaw. Vroom vroom. 

• (PS3) Final Fantasy XIII

No Caption Provided
I don't understand some of the complaints for this game. Wonderful graphics, the perfect amount of cheesy Japanese melodrama, and a batlle system that rocks. One of my favorite JRPG's, aside from the Persona and Shin Megami Tensei series. 

• (PS3) Batman: Arkham Asylum

No Caption Provided
I'm the Batman... Except my voice sounds badass. Oh hey, it's Mark Hamill. He Jokes!

No Caption Provided

• (PS3) Metal Gear Solid 4

Due to an oversight, I accidentally forgot to put Metal Gear Solid 4. It's on here... as the crazy eleventh game. Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By LiquidPrince

So, I've been thinking a while, and decided to list my top eleven games this generation. Any game that is part of a franchise, I'll just name one, and you can assume it means I love the whole franchise. Also the list is in no particular order. So here, we, go...  

• (PS3) Uncharted 2

No Caption Provided
What can I say about Uncharted 2 that hasn't already been said? It has a perfectly balanced and addicting single player which never stops with the adrenaline. A multiplayer that is unmatched on PS3, and some of the best graphics around. I would say the best in my opinion. 

• (Wii) Muramasa

No Caption Provided
The reason I wanted a Wii. The game is pretty much an amazingly beautiful Metroidvania style game, and it takes place in a setting which I love. I say this because I was never really interested in Odin Sphere, but bring that technical presentation over into a different setting, and I'm all over it. Love at first sight.

No Caption Provided

• (PS3) God of War III

Dude, it's God of War III. It's Kratos. And it's his final bloody battle (on consoles). The pleasure you get from cutting up centaurs and smashing godly faces in is almost unmatched.

• (PS3) Assassin's Creed 2

I
No Caption Provided
'm one of those people that loved the first Assassin's Creed despite some of its "flaws". It was really unique and brought forth an interesting angle to open world games. Realistically climb anything. The sequel just improved on the first and made everything feel more badass. That and you had a more compelling lead character with some pathos. 

No Caption Provided

• (PS3) Prince of Persia

I'm Giantbombs resident Prince of Persia fanatic. You want proof, go read some of the threads back when Prince of Persia 08 was coming out. I was practically losing it. What can I say, no one wall runs quite like the prince. 

• (NDS) Professor Layton

No Caption Provided
If there is any game on the DS worth having, it's this one. My god this game is great. Beautiful art, that look even better in the motion cutscenes. Amazing voice work, and stories that will keep you hooked 'till the end. That and the gameplay is pretty damn addicting as well. 

No Caption Provided

• (360) Mass Effect 2

Oh man, I always wanted to get into Mass Effect. I even bought both the first one and the second on PC, but just could never get the hang of playing it with a mouse and keyboard. What can I say, I'm not really a PC gamer. But now that I got my 360, I fell in love with this game. It's so damn addicting, with some of the best voice work and facial animation around. That all leads to believable characters, even in the aliens. Love. 

• (360) Gears of War 2

No Caption Provided
Chainsaw. Vroom vroom. 

• (PS3) Final Fantasy XIII

No Caption Provided
I don't understand some of the complaints for this game. Wonderful graphics, the perfect amount of cheesy Japanese melodrama, and a batlle system that rocks. One of my favorite JRPG's, aside from the Persona and Shin Megami Tensei series. 

• (PS3) Batman: Arkham Asylum

No Caption Provided
I'm the Batman... Except my voice sounds badass. Oh hey, it's Mark Hamill. He Jokes!

No Caption Provided

• (PS3) Metal Gear Solid 4

Due to an oversight, I accidentally forgot to put Metal Gear Solid 4. It's on here... as the crazy eleventh game. Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Chainsaw vroom vroom +1 

I'd personally find it insanely time consuming to really narrow down a top 10 list of my favourite games this generation.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By DanielJW

If there's anything more I want from Uncharted, it's a little more directional help. It's a lot better than the first, but even in the second I found myself trying impossible jumps and leaping for things I couldn't grab, just cause I didn't know the way. It's frustrating when I jump at a window sill, only to fall through, then later find out the tiny brick sticking out next to it was my target.  

Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic game, and this is sort of a little gripe, but it's the sole thing that kept me from 100% enjoying Uncharted 2.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I really liked Mass Effect 2 and Batman: Arkham Asylum as well. It's also nice to see a top 10 list with games from a variety of consoles.

Avatar image for christiancastillo
ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ChristianCastillo

I might just get a ds to play that professor layton game, been hearing good things about it

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By gingertastic_10

Good to see someone likes the Prince of Persia 08 too. I know a lot of people that HATED it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Prince of Persia 08 is great, except for the combat which is kind of dumb.  The parkour is good, and the complaints about Elika saving you from long reload times seem idiotic to mine ears.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude

I have never played Muramasa, I'm such a pussy... dick, lick, son of a bitch. It's hard to be hardcore when you're not.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By beargirl1
@Abyssfull said:
" Chainsaw vroom vroom +1  I'd personally find it insanely time consuming to really narrow down a top 10 list of my favourite games this generation. "
indeed, especially (for me) when the list keeps changing. 
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By toowalrus

That's a good list, do you prefer Diabolical Box to Curious Village? (Of course you're implying that the whole franchise is great, but I haven't played ether yet).

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By ninjakiller

No Bioshock??  For shame.

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Slurpelve

Mass Effect 2 should be GOTY. Mass effect 1 was a great game and everything but Mass Effect 2 just was a perfect game for me.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Gabriel

SEVERE lack of MGS4

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Vinchenzo

Don't see Half-Life 2. Marking this up as a failure.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince
@TooWalrus said:
" That's a good list, do you prefer Diabolical Box to Curious Village? (Of course you're implying that the whole franchise is great, but I haven't played ether yet). "
They are both equally good. The story in the second was a bit more epic, spanning multiple locales.

@ninjakiller said:
" No Bioshock??  For shame. "

I don't like Bioshock much.

@BadSniper52 said:
" Mass Effect 2 should be GOTY. Mass effect 1 was a great game and everything but Mass Effect 2 just was a perfect game for me. "

The lack of elevators bugged me. I don't understand why people would want to see a static load screen that takes almost as long as the elevators, when the elevators keep you immersed in the world. But yeah, Mass Effect 2 was awesome.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LiquidPrince
@Gabriel said:
" SEVERE lack of MGS4 "
Oh snap, can't believe I forgot that...
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FluxWaveZ

But... this generation isn't finished yet.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince
@FluxWaveZ said:
" But... this generation isn't finished yet. "
If I was writing this and the generation was finished, the thread would be called my favorite games last generation.
Glak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Glak

Yay Mass Effect :D

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Gabriel
@Vinchenzo said:
" Don't see Half-Life 2. Marking this up as a failure. "
Half life 2 came out in 2004, and also on the original Xbox making it last gen.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#21  Edited By Vinchenzo
@Gabriel said:
" @Vinchenzo said:
" Don't see Half-Life 2. Marking this up as a failure. "
Half life 2 came out in 2004, and also on the original Xbox making it last gen. "
Sorry, I thought we meant this generation as in the past 25 years. Iunno. Anyway it did come out on the Orange Box so if we wanted to stretch it, it could count. Whatever, nevermind then.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@LiquidPrince said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
If I was writing this and the generation was finished, the thread would be called my favorite games last generation. "
But since the generation isn't finished, who's to say there won't be a game released later that would be included in your list?
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LiquidPrince
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
If I was writing this and the generation was finished, the thread would be called my favorite games last generation. "
But since the generation isn't finished, who's to say there won't be a game released later that would be included in your list? "
Very rarely do games get thrown out of my list and replaced by others. For example last generation there was only roughly 5 games that were my favorite, 3 of which have sequels that made this list. If a truly spectacular game does come out, I can update my list, but it would have to be... spectacular.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@LiquidPrince: Metal Gear Solid 3 was released near the end of the PS2's generation...
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LiquidPrince
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @LiquidPrince: Metal Gear Solid 3 was released near the end of the PS2's generation... "
But that wouldn't count for me since the Metal Gear Solid games were already on my list, and therefore it's almost a given that the newest Metal Gear would be as well. Not having MGS4 on my current list was an oversight. It's like saying if Mass Effect 3 comes out near the consoles life. I'm gonna love it, but ME2 was already on my list.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@LiquidPrince: I just mean that a great game was released near the end of the console's main life cycle.  There could possibly be a game that we have no clue about and that is not part of any current franchise that comes out in the final primary months of the Xbox 360/PS3/Wii that blows us away (or perhaps even earlier than that).
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LiquidPrince
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @LiquidPrince: I just mean that a great game was released near the end of the console's main life cycle.  There could possibly be a game that we have no clue about and that is not part of any current franchise that comes out in the final primary months of the Xbox 360/PS3/Wii that blows us away (or perhaps even earlier than that). "
And if that happens, and I like it more then the games on my current list, hard choices will have to be made, and I will make a new list. Until then, this is how it stands.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#28  Edited By Video_Game_King

My opinion on FF13:

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@LiquidPrince: Sure.  Anyways, regarding your list, your opinion of FFXIII gives me hope for when I actually get around to playing it.  And I wish I had a PS3 so I could actually play MGS4 as I loved the MGS Essential Collection.  But then, I suppose I'd want to get a PSP so I could play MGS5...
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@LiquidPrince: You FORGOT MGS4!? That's like saying, "I forgot to breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By regularassmilk

Metal Gear Solid as a whole is the reason why i'm such a devoted gamer, Metal Gear Solid 4 blew my mind. I've beat it 7 times. I'm on Act 5 as of yesterday, I go in spurts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy XIII? 
No Portal?  

This list is bad and you should feel bad.

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By bravetoaster

Mass Effect 2 and Gears of War 2   :D

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#34  Edited By sjschmidt93

In order. 

1. Metal Gear Solid 4 
2. Team Fortress 2   
3. Portal 
4. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
5. Super Mario Galaxy  
6. Uncharted 2
7. Plants vs. Zombies 
8.  Street Fighter IV 
9. Super Mario Galaxy 2 
10. Red Dead Redemption 
11. TIE between God of War 3 and Infamous

T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By T0mF5
@Soapy86 said:
" Final Fantasy XIII? No Portal?   This list is bad and you should feel bad. "
It's a list of HIS favorite games, not yours.
Iceman2913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Iceman2913

I have no probs with  this list good job

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

This is a pretty good list. I wouldn't have Metal Gear Solid 4 on there, though.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bionicicide

At least you didn't write a paragraph for each.

Australia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Australia

Dude, where is HAZE? that game fuckin' RULEZ!!!!

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#40  Edited By Ferginator4k

Your list seems to only  be recent stuff. No Gears of War 1, Portal, LittleBigPlanet, Bioshock or Halo? Ok then.

Also never heard of muramasa game, sound neat

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#41  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'm Giant Bomb's 2nd biggest Prince or Persia (2008) fanatic. I love that game.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

I'd love the Uncharted games if I could spend more time with the platforming and far less time with the shooting.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#43  Edited By citizenkane
Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JJWeatherman said:
" I'm Giant Bomb's 2nd biggest Prince or Persia (2008) fanatic. I love that game. "

I freaking hate that game, not a fan of games which assume I'm retarded.

Also this top 10 is almost the polar opposite of what i would have chose.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I don't agree with mgs4 or god of war III, mgs4 was like 6 hours of gameplay and all cutscenes I wouldn't say that's totally a game, rather an interactive blue ray movie with a bit of cutscenes. Also god of war 3 is like 92% on gamerankings, it's not even game of the generation material. Even the same can be said about price of persia.

Donkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Donkey
@HitmanAgent47: What difference does it's review percentage do? It's his personal favorite games.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Donkey: Your right, it's his favorite games. I just didn't think those games were the generation's best, that's all. Mgs4 did get like 93%, however I still think it's overated. Maybe he should of mentioned games like red dead redemption, the orange box, call of duty 4, oblivion game of the year edition. Ect, there are better games. However your right, it's his opinion.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#48  Edited By Icemael

The only one of those games I'd even put near a top eleven list of current-gen games is Assassin's Creed II, and I don't think it'd make it.

Donkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Donkey
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @Donkey: Your right, it's his favorite games. I just didn't think those games were the generation's best, that's all. Mgs4 did get like 93%, however I still think it's overated. Maybe he should of mentioned games like red dead redemption, the orange box, call of duty 4. "
"Should have mentioned"? Why should he have mentioned anything? What part of his personal favorite games is it that you don't understand? The rating that a game gets does not impact what games he likes and dislikes.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Donkey: He has a blue name, so he favors those games. Seven of those games are on the ps3.