Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By Afroman269
1. Mass Effect 2

but...but..it's a dumb downed RPG. I don't give a fuck. This game has provided the most fun for me this year and I still don't tire of it when revisiting it now. So yes my GOTY is Mass Effect 2.

2. Red Dead Redemption

Another awesome game that is loads of fun. Nothing like reaching multiple points in this game and thinking that you're done......but no...no you're not. (I really need to get that Undead Nightmare DLC)

3. Rock Band 3

I know I should be playing this game more but I know it deserves a spot up here because this is the game I go to when I have some down time and want to blast loud music through my surround sound. Now that I added the cymbals to the drums, playing Rock Band is more fun than ever before!

4. DJ Hero 2

Not many people out there have played this game or the first one and it's a damn shame. At times I almost like this more than Rock Band just because the game gives you the feeling that you are in control of the music and messing with it. The mixes are great and the gameplay is so fucking fun! Also the multiplayer is great for competitive people. (I think DJ Hero 1 plus turntable is totally $60 right now)

5. Halo: Reach

Ugh it's just another Halo game......damn straight it is! Although I would have liked there to be a bigger event or something that gives you a better sense that you are fighting a war to survive, the campaign was still fantastic. Some people don't like the way Halo feels and that's cool, I just prefer the way this plays over CoD.

6. Alan Wake

I'm glad I picked this game up because I had a blast with it. Sure it gets a bit too heavy into the combat but at least the tight controls and shooting made it satisfying. Also the weird but interesting story kept me coming back.

7. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

I still think that Golden Sun: The Lost Age is the best of the series but Dark Dawn brought back a lot of pleasant memories. It's great to be back in Weyard and I'm looking forward to the next game in this franchise. (Please don't make the next game mad easy like Dark Dawn)

8. Dead Rising 2

I kinda wish I had the massive amount of free time that I used to back when the first game came out because I would definitely attempt to get the crazy zombie kills achievement. This game stuck too closely to the first and didn't change much of the problems either but it's still fun to beat down zombies with dildos.

9. God of War III

I almost forgot that my PS3 existed this year because of the lack of games, but at least this one gave me a good enough reason to keep it plugged in. Sure the combat is basically the same as the all the other games, but holy shit those boss battles are fantastic!

10. Darksiders

I can't believe that I almost forgot this game came out this year. I guessing other people forgot about this game too. Anyways ya, this game is surprisingly good and I have no problem calling it the "dark" legend of zelda game.

11. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

(Honorable Mention 1) Due to me getting a new laptop and other shit, I just wasn't able to fit this game into my collection this year. If I did, I could easily see this game taking a spot in my top 5. I loved me some AC 2 and I will definitely pick this game up when I get the chance.

12. Heavy Rain

(Honorable Mention 2) Another game that slipped my grasp this year. I hopefully will be picking this up soon.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Afroman269
1. Mass Effect 2

but...but..it's a dumb downed RPG. I don't give a fuck. This game has provided the most fun for me this year and I still don't tire of it when revisiting it now. So yes my GOTY is Mass Effect 2.

2. Red Dead Redemption

Another awesome game that is loads of fun. Nothing like reaching multiple points in this game and thinking that you're done......but no...no you're not. (I really need to get that Undead Nightmare DLC)

3. Rock Band 3

I know I should be playing this game more but I know it deserves a spot up here because this is the game I go to when I have some down time and want to blast loud music through my surround sound. Now that I added the cymbals to the drums, playing Rock Band is more fun than ever before!

4. DJ Hero 2

Not many people out there have played this game or the first one and it's a damn shame. At times I almost like this more than Rock Band just because the game gives you the feeling that you are in control of the music and messing with it. The mixes are great and the gameplay is so fucking fun! Also the multiplayer is great for competitive people. (I think DJ Hero 1 plus turntable is totally $60 right now)

5. Halo: Reach

Ugh it's just another Halo game......damn straight it is! Although I would have liked there to be a bigger event or something that gives you a better sense that you are fighting a war to survive, the campaign was still fantastic. Some people don't like the way Halo feels and that's cool, I just prefer the way this plays over CoD.

6. Alan Wake

I'm glad I picked this game up because I had a blast with it. Sure it gets a bit too heavy into the combat but at least the tight controls and shooting made it satisfying. Also the weird but interesting story kept me coming back.

7. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

I still think that Golden Sun: The Lost Age is the best of the series but Dark Dawn brought back a lot of pleasant memories. It's great to be back in Weyard and I'm looking forward to the next game in this franchise. (Please don't make the next game mad easy like Dark Dawn)

8. Dead Rising 2

I kinda wish I had the massive amount of free time that I used to back when the first game came out because I would definitely attempt to get the crazy zombie kills achievement. This game stuck too closely to the first and didn't change much of the problems either but it's still fun to beat down zombies with dildos.

9. God of War III

I almost forgot that my PS3 existed this year because of the lack of games, but at least this one gave me a good enough reason to keep it plugged in. Sure the combat is basically the same as the all the other games, but holy shit those boss battles are fantastic!

10. Darksiders

I can't believe that I almost forgot this game came out this year. I guessing other people forgot about this game too. Anyways ya, this game is surprisingly good and I have no problem calling it the "dark" legend of zelda game.

11. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

(Honorable Mention 1) Due to me getting a new laptop and other shit, I just wasn't able to fit this game into my collection this year. If I did, I could easily see this game taking a spot in my top 5. I loved me some AC 2 and I will definitely pick this game up when I get the chance.

12. Heavy Rain

(Honorable Mention 2) Another game that slipped my grasp this year. I hopefully will be picking this up soon.

moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By moelarrycurly

A worthy list indeed.  I would have Super Mario Galaxy 2 in there though.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Afroman269
@moelarrycurly: couldn't play that either. I should have mentioned it.
Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Andheez
@Afroman269: 
I like seeing Alan Wake there, Ive been seeing it on a few more lists than I thought I would, but I loved that game.
GhostlyEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By GhostlyEnigma

dis list sux! cuz u gotz gaylo reach in yur walet hur hur hur on it!!! i jus a fratboy or 12 yeer old kiddy!!! dur hur hur hur hur! 

*Joke mode turned-off* 

I like your list. Mass Effect 2 is a dumbed downed RPG, but that's mainly because it's a hybrid of two genres. I guess that's why some people didn't get the game. It's a fantastic game none the less.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#6  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

You know, that's a good list.  I haven't played all the games you've mentioned, but I can definitely get behind your top five picks.  Also, awesome user name.  Palmdale, come back to me.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#7  Edited By citizenkane

Agree on the Top 2, but AC:B all the way down to #11?  I am ashamed, Afroman.  Ashamed, I say!

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Afroman269
@CitizenKane: I guess you didn't read why it's down there.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By citizenkane
@Afroman269 said:
" @CitizenKane: I guess you didn't read why it's down there. "
You expect me to read things?
Kieran_ES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Kieran_ES

You need to fix this Heavy Rain issue. It takes the fantastic base of Indigo Prophecy and builds on it, layering it with a more human aesthetic. There wasn't a more emotionally connective set of mechanics this year. 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Claude

Your top two are my top two as well. Great games, the both of them. I just bought Darksiders and it's very good.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Afroman269
@CitizenKane: Damn you semi illiterate people on the Internet!! *shakes fist at sky. Don't worry my next game to pick up will be Brotherhood. 
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By trophyhunter

eeeehhh sounds good
you got what counts

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Afroman269
@Claude I'm afraid a lot of people are going to overlook this game.
sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By sameeeeam
@Afroman269: Agreed. I'm not expecting to see Darksiders on a lot of lists. 
I'm finalizing my own right now, but I'm having trouble deciding between ME2 and Bayonetta for the top spot.
Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By Nadafinga

I'm not sure what to do about Mass Effect 2 on the PS3. I'm buying it day 1, and it most certainly will be on my top ten of the year...but which year? do I go back and edit my 2010 list to include it? Or do I stick a 2010 game on my best of 2011 list? I'm scared!

dantheman1515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dantheman1515
@EndSarcasm: I still don't understand the appeal of Heavy Rain. I tried to like it, I really did, but for some reason it didn't catch me. Not to mention that it was a game based solely on story, where the story had many holes. 
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Afroman269
@Underachiever007:   Wow, Bayonetta totally did come out this year.....I should have mentioned it but then again this year actually wasn't a bad year for games. Next year is going to have the obvious blockbusters but this year had plenty of surprisingly good games. 

@Nadafinga: It's being released in 2011 for PS3 so it's perfectly viable to be in your 2011 list.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By citizenkane
@Afroman269 said:
" @CitizenKane: Damn you semi illiterate people on the Internet!! *shakes fist at sky. Don't worry my next game to pick up will be Brotherhood.  "
You should.  It's absolutely amazing and probably going to be #3 on my list.  And I haven't even touched the MP yet!
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By AhmadMetallic

great games, but i think RDR should be #1 and ME2 should be #2 .. ME2 wasnt as impactful and epic and the first ME, it just improved some of its aspects and focused on building a team rather than giving us a good portion of the game's story, however, RDR had an amazing story of it's own and was only similar to IV in it's basic aspects.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Afroman269
@Ahmad_Metallic I do agree with you but I just had more fun with Mass Effect 2 which is what matters in the end. Also this is just my opinion and I don't expect everyone to share it. I think there will be a lot of lists with the top two including ME 2 and RDR.
Kieran_ES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kieran_ES
@dantheman1515: Meh my love of that game has nothing to do with the story really, it's how (and excuse me for this very basic wording) Heavy Rain 'speaks' with its gameplay instead of relying solely on cinematic content to convey emotion and narrative. I don't mean in the 'I'm standing here in a room, still able to move and now people are talking at me' thing but instead the direct actions and movements you make tether you emotionally to the characters, they directly evoke memories and emotion and play out a deeper narrative. Indigo Prophecy also did it, and games like Braid, Passage, Portal etc all do the same thing.  

Of course, this was all just me, you may not have had the same experience. 
Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Solid list bud. All good games. Some are higher than they should be. Its a shame you didn't get a chance to play Brotherhood yet. No doubt it would be on that list :)

Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Jesus

Solid list!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers