My Worst Moment

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1251  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@kevtheasian said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

It's weird how many people are getting angry about this because in all honesty 99% of Giantbomb is filled with assholes and to expect something other than that is just plain tomfoolery. It's just who you/I/we are. Don't argue with it or try to fight it... just accept it you know? Asshole hug? No? Maybe later then? Ok... fine. Just leave.

You're right - I think it solely depends on who you're willing to offend. For example, I know most people in these forums would feel zero remorse for offending a person's religious/political/moral beliefs. However, those same people would be way more tentative to offend a person's sexual orientation or ethnicity. Just comes down to the different degree of offensive language a person is okay with.

You are exactly right.

You both are precisely right.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1252  Edited By cmblasko

Everything's A-OK, Ryan.

Flawed_System

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1253  Edited By Flawed_System

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@Flawed_System said:

I can't believe all of the people saying "I forgive you" like you committed some heinous crime.

He specifically asked for forgiveness, and if he had committed some heinous crime, there would be a lot of people not forgiving him.

He was apologizing in case he offended someone...not because he committed any kind of crime. Underlined is some pretty faulty logic.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1254  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Flawed_System said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@Flawed_System said:

I can't believe all of the people saying "I forgive you" like you committed some heinous crime.

He specifically asked for forgiveness, and if he had committed some heinous crime, there would be a lot of people not forgiving him.

He was apologizing in case he offended someone...not because he committed any kind of crime. Underlined is some pretty faulty logic.

Also, how can you forgive someone for something that didn't bother you in the first place? Seems rather pointless.

"tograntpardonfororremissionof(anoffense,debt,etc.);absolve."

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1255  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

@Still_I_Cry said:

Also, how can you forgive someone for something that didn't bother you in the first place? Seems rather pointless.

"tograntpardonfororremissionof(anoffense,debt,etc.);absolve."

It did bother people.

@Flawed_System said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@Flawed_System said:

Not quite. It was not some cop-out "sorry if I offended anyone" apology. He owned his mistake and asked for forgiveness. "I forgive you" is not as damning as you seem to think it is.

Flawed_System

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1256  Edited By Flawed_System

@SpunkyHePanda said:

Not quite. It was not some cop-out "sorry if I offended anyone" apology. He owned his mistake and asked for forgiveness. "I forgive you" is not as damning as you seem to think it is.

I read it as "Sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to say that."

The "I forgive you" part doesn't bother me because it's "damning". It bothers me because people think they're above him by saying they forgive him...it's like a parent saying "I forgive you" when I child does something wrong.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1257  Edited By TheHumanDove

I warned him about the latern bro! I TOLD him dog!!

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verysexypotato I like the cut of your gibberish.
SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1259  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

@Flawed_System said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

I read it as "Sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to say that."

The "I forgive you" part doesn't bother me because it's "damning". It bothers me because people think they're above him by saying they forgive him...it's like a parent saying "I forgive you" when I child does something wrong.

There's a lot of reading between the lines here. Ryan laid it out pretty plainly. "Sorry if I offended you", intentionally or not, puts some of the blame on others for being offended, and Ryan's apology does nothing to try and skirt responsibility. He owns it completely.

No one thinks they're above Ryan. You're attributing a holier-than-thou attitude to those words, when it's as simple as accepting an apology. And sorry to keep harping on this, but Ryan literally asked for that. "All I can ask for now is forgiveness for my gaffe." He wasn't just saying that to look good.

Flawed_System

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1260  Edited By Flawed_System

@SpunkyHePanda said:

There's a lot of reading between the lines here. Ryan laid it out pretty plainly. "Sorry if I offended you", intentionally or not, puts some of the blame on others for being offended, and Ryan's apology does nothing to try and skirt responsibility. He owns it completely.

No one thinks they're above Ryan. You're attributing a holier-than-thou attitude to those words, when it's as simple as accepting an apology. And sorry to keep harping on this, but Ryan literally asked for that. "All I can ask for now is forgiveness for my gaffe." He wasn't just saying that to look good.

Not saying he's trying to blame anyone else. I just can't believe anyone can get offended by that word...especially when it's used in such a context (even though Ryan said context doesn't matter). I still believe it is unnecessary to state "I forgive you" when that is clearly the case. It appears to serve no other purpose than the aforementioned parental stance.

You can simply state "Don't worry about it" or something to that effect. Maybe I'm reading too much into this...

theuselessgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#1261  Edited By theuselessgod

Happens to everybody, man. We know where your loyalties lie, and that's what matters.

That being said, very tactful apology, and good on you owning up on it. Really, I mean it.

vonFlampanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1262  Edited By vonFlampanker

One of the reasons I like this site so much is because it's one of the few places where I'm confident people are saying what they think. Freedom to do more or less as one pleases is also the freedom to cross one's own self-defined boundaries. "Self-defined" being the operative term.

If I was being recorded and posted to the internet as often as you are, Ryan, I'd probably have crossed my own boundaries on a daily basis and not realized it half the time. Cool of you to apologize. Cool of the community to (as far as I've read in this thread) support you. Just wanted to add my voice to the many.

Icecreamjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1263  Edited By Icecreamjones

Lantern Runs make terrible things happen to the best of us.

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1264  Edited By Monopolized

I don't think that anyone should hold this against you, I didn't even pick it up on the QL until I re-watched it, people are going to be over sensitive about certain topics, I can assume as person that you said what you said because you were annoyed or angry, S'all good bro.

Hardtarget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#1265  Edited By Hardtarget

@Ertard said:

Grow up Ryan. Surprising and disappointing that that word was in your vocabulary. You're not 13. At least you did the right thing by realizing it.

a bit shocked to see this come from the guy who's username is basically 'retard'....

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#1266  Edited By HadesTimes

Wow the stuff i miss by not watchinh live. Lol... Your a good dude Ryan, especially for acknowledging the issue.

nightbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1267  Edited By nightbird

You're cool, we all make mistakes

Avatar image for sharpshotapollo
SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

You're a stand up guy and I think most of us know you never meant anything by it. You're a class act, Ryan Davis. Haters gonna hate.

wafflez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1269  Edited By wafflez

The only thing I found offensive, was the control Ryan had for Will Smith jokes.  
Seriously though, It was definitely a heat of the moment thing and I don't think anyone sees Ryan as someone who uses a word like that freely.  

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#1270  Edited By RIDEBIRD

@Hardtarget: Sort of realized that it probably wouldn't look to good yeah, lol. Time for a change.

chrispti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1271  Edited By chrispti

We all makes mistakes. You dealt with this the best you could. Lets all move on.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1272  Edited By yukoasho

@owack6 said:

Anyone wants to go grab a burger or something while these chaps here argue about stuff?

Woo! Burgers! What's your favorite burger place?

Philippians 1:6

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

Don't worry, duder, none of us hold it against you. It's most important that you do not hold it against yourself. Making ourselves into better people is a daily job, and sometimes we're gonna fuck up. It's our nature. However, always strive to be better than you were yesterday, and you will be so, at least on more days than not.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1273  Edited By thedj93

obligatory bump of thread

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1274  Edited By Grissefar

This could perhaps make things a little uncomfortable between Ryan and Kevin.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1275  Edited By fattony12000

I think the real injustice here is how many hits this post has gotten for Ryan, and yet this is his third ever blog post in the entire history of this website.

THANKS OBAMACARE?

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1276  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Fuck you Ryan. If this is your worst moment then I am a really terrible human being.

EDIT FOR MODS: I'm not cussing out the staff. It's in jest. Ryan knows that I'm sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normally an apology like this seems forced but Ryan has shown he's cool in the past.

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#1278  Edited By FightMeNerd
@Milkman vinny saying Cynthia is the best course of action.
superpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1279  Edited By superpow

Why are people still discussing this?

customotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1280  Edited By customotto

@superpow said:

Why are people still discussing this?

they aren't??

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1281  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Ryan sang this that night:

or this:

I just don't know.

Halos_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#1282  Edited By Halos_god

@Dethfish said:

I could tell you felt bad immediately after. That's enough for me. Also, please don't kill Brad.

Yes Ryan, please.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1283  Edited By RazielCuts

How/Why does this thread keep getting nerco'd? Let's move on people..

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1284  Edited By fuzzypumpkin

it has come out of my mouth when i've been furious too. mistake buddy

Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1285  Edited By Cubical

What was the word and What does Work Blue even mean?

Oh and I went to high school and xbox live I have heard every race slur ever made used many times in fact I herd every one discribe stale pizza by some dude in line at lunch .

come to think of it there is only 2 words I dont say for any reason so I guess it is one of those.

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1286  Edited By bunnymud

"All I can ask for now is forgiveness for my gaffe."

Really. Not that big of a deal.

reelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cubical: He called Brad (I think it was brad) a boundle of sticks

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My heart skipped a beat when I saw this, I thought it was something new. Fuck :(

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You bastard!

I saw the icon and topic creator....

you son of a bitch

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really no reason to bump this thread

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

This was put to bed over a year ago and this thread doesn't need to be resurrected.