NA PlayStation Store update for March (Weekly)

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By awesomeusername

This topic is unofficially closed.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Free games for Vita (don't think these are PS+, just free for everyone)

Patapon

Patchwork Heroes

Piyotama

Wild Arms (this is the PS1 port so it probably works for PS3 also)

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By spiceninja

Patapon

Patchwork Heroes

Piyotama

I think those may be only redeemable if you download them directly to your Vita. They're not even available to buy if you search for them in the store on PS3. It could have been a glitch though, I haven't checked since last night when it was first updated.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Humm . . thanks, I guess.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidavenger said:

Patapon

Patchwork Heroes

Piyotama

I think those may be only redeemable if you download them directly to your Vita. They're not even available to buy if you search for them in the store on PS3. It could have been a glitch though, I haven't checked since last night when it was first updated.

You're right, it's only available as free on the Vita. Also, I moved it from the second post back to the first. Changed it there by accident.

@coafi: Play that game ASAP. It's really good.

Humm . . thanks, I guess.

Humm . . you're welcome, I guess.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By awesomeusername

Forgot to say what I got. Well, here is my list from this weeks purchases:

• Wild Arms - Got it for free as said above and I'm liking it. It's an old school JRPG which I tend to enjoy. I didn't know there were 6 titles though! I'd like to see a new one for the PS4 be made.
  • Oddwold: Strangers Wrath - I was mainly intrigued by this game because you use animals as ammo. It's got some humor which I like and hogtying up bad guys is fun. I'm enjoying it, even if it isn't that great because the Vita's analogs aren't good for FPS games.
  • I downloaded the PSP games onto my Vita but they didn't click with me so I deleted them.
  • Played they Runner2 demo. I'd prefer to play that on my Vita so I'll wait for it to hit Vita this summer.

I was tempted to get EDF 2017 for $30 but I'm too poor and my backlog is to big so I couldn't do it.

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeusername: I guess they will roll out those other free games on a weekly basis. I don't remember them announcing what was coming later in the month before. Really looking forward to Joe Danger 2 and Disgaea 3.

Anyways , Thanks for the list. :D

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hughesman: I'm going to guess the Vita games are coming at the end of the month since that's what they've been doing with the Vita PS+. Or maybe Tekken & Joe Danger 2 next week, then The Cave and then Disgaea. That's what I think. This is the first time they showed a monthly update. A lot of people have been asking for it and they finally were allowed to do it so we're probably going to be getting Plus updates like this from now on since they said they'll be doing more if the response was positive and it was very positive.

You're welcome!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Oh, cool, guess I can finally play Vanquish!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Duders! I'm signing up!

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By awesomeusername

@ajamafalous: Vanquish has been in the IGC for a month already. Have you been under a rock?!

@geraltitude: Signing up for PS+?

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Wild Arms - Got it for free as said above and I'm liking it. It's an old school JRPG which I tend to enjoy. I didn't know there were 6 titles though! I'd like to see a new one for the PS4 be made.
  • Oddwold: Strangers Wrath - I was mainly intrigued by this game because you use animals as ammo. It's got some humor which I like and hogtying up bad guys is fun. I'm enjoying it, even if it isn't that great because the Vita's analogs aren't good for FPS games.
  • I downloaded the PSP games onto my Vita but they didn't click with me so I deleted them.
  • Played they Runner2 demo. I'd prefer to play that on my Vita so I'll wait for it to hit Vita this summer.

I was tempted to get EDF 2017 for $30 but I'm too poor and my backlog is to big so I couldn't do it.

Don't expect a new Wild Arms anytime in the future. Sony murdered that franchise and any future of that series with the last couple of games in the series.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Solh0und

Don't expect a new Wild Arms anytime in the future. Sony murdered that franchise and any future of that series with the last couple of games in the series.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solh0und: I can always hope. At least a Vita Wild Arms would would be nice. But I won't hold my breath.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeusername: The best ones were the first 3. I just saved you a bunch of hope.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solh0und: So the rest were garbage. Makes sense since they milked that franchise. It'd be nice to have a new one though. I'll probably buy the second one after I beat this one and clear my backlog since it's on the Vita store.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@awesomeusername said:

@ajamafalous: Vanquish has been in the IGC for a month already. Have you been under a rock?!

More like incredibly busy with school, but yeah, first time I've turned on my PS3 in about a month.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeusername said:

More like incredibly busy with school, but yeah, first time I've turned on my PS3 in about a month.

Damn school! Go play Vanquish dude. That game is AWESOME.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Australian PS+ subscribers can download Mass Effect 3 for free right now, the only reason I can see is EA and Bioware wanting to push DLC sales such as that new Citadel DLC.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@awesomeusername Yup. The free offerings have really been enticing me month to month, and with the tax return in the bank, now seems like the right time to get on board. It's such a crazy deal... there are so many 59.99 games in there I would normally pay full price for.

Vanquish and Oddworld pushed me over the edge I guess but I'm also pumped for inFamous 2 (late to the party, I know) and I'd like to replay Spec Ops.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jking47

Just went to download Wild Arms and the memory card has ran away from my vita. HOW DOES THIS EVEN HAPPEN?!

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By awesomeusername

@jking47: So. You lost your memory card? Tsk tsk. I've put about 3 and a half hours into it in the past 2 days. It's not a lot but I've put more time into it then I've done for any other game in a month!

@geraltitude: Now is definitely a good time. Vanquish, inFAMOUS 2, Spec Ops, Darksiders, LBP2 and Closure alone surpass $50 and are worth it. Plus, every month they put in like 4-5 games so you're always getting new ones. My Plus expire in January 2014 so I'll have to resub then. But it's a great deal. I've saved a lot of money from the free games alone. Also, Oddworld isn't one of the free games. It's discounted by $4 on the Vita store for everyone. The PS3 version is still $15.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@plasmabeam44: Not sure if you have a Vita or not, but you can download them free with the Media Go software and then download them on your PS3, or i heard that the store on the PSP will work also.

@awesomeusername: If you could please update the list with that tip to help some duders out.

And the things i got where one year of PS+, Spec Ops and a few other games from the instant game collection and the free vita games.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By awesomeusername

I guess I'll just be "purchasing" Joe Danger 2 this week even though I won't play it for a long time. Nothing really interesting this week. I'm looking forward to new week though because we know we're getting The Cave and the PS All Stars DLC, which I'm getting for free.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Ubisoft sale is weak. I guess, I'll just download Joe Danger 2.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By topsteer

@solh0und said:

@awesomeusername: The best ones were the first 3. I just saved you a bunch of hope.

I'd agree about 4 not being so good mainly because I don't like the hex battle system but 5 is probably my second favorite in the series after 2. Alter Code: F is a remake of the first game so it's great as well. I haven't played XF so I can't speak for that one.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coafi said:

That Ubisoft sale is weak. I guess, I'll just download Joe Danger 2.

Definitely is. Only titles that I'd play, I already have. Which are Rayman & Outland. Everything else is crap.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be buying Persona 4 Golden since it's on sale for $30. I get the PS All Stars DLC for free since I pre-ordered God of War so I'll be downloading that. Getting The Cave.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By N7

I haven't been able to get on the Playstation Store for the past couple of hours. Keeps timing out and then freezing my PS3. Can anyone else get in?

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By lego_my_eggo

@n7: Try using this and download from Account Management - Transaction Management - Download list from the XMB.

But the store appears to be working fine for me on my PS3 and from that site.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7: I think PSN is being kind of funky today. It's downloading P4G on my Vita at a crippled mans pace and the store was acting weird. I hope my PS3 isn't acting weird.

@lego_my_eggo:I forgot about the online store and I have it on my tabs! Tsk tsk. I'm going there now to get my stuff.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Christ, all of those Dead or Alive add-ons...

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Christ, all of those Dead or Alive add-ons...

DLC FTW!

/Sarcasm

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By N7

@lego_my_eggo said:

@n7: Try using this and download from Account Management - Transaction Management - Download list from the XMB.

But the store appears to be working fine for me on my PS3 and from that site.

That's really weird. It just loaded for me. I have been trying to open it for hours but it wouldn't load. Kept saying the connection "timed out". Thanks abunch, though! :)

EDIT: Aaaaaand it's down again.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7: The PS Store website is even being shitty. Something definitely wrong on Sony's end.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By awesomeusername

Sorry about posting late. Bioshock came out yesterday andddd... You know. Anyways,

• I picked up my Ultimate Songbird Edition of Bioshock Infinite, you know, the crazy expensive edition that only fools would get.
  • I put Disgaea 3 in my download list.
  • Bought Red Faction: Guerilla & Red Faction: Armageddon on PSN because $5 a pop was to good to pass up. I've always been a bit intrigued by both so I'll have to dig into those in the next couple months.
  • Last week, I got Persona 4 Golden which I absolutely fell in love with. On Monday, I bought Persona 3 Portable on my Vita since it was on sale for $10. I need more Persona in my life after I beat P4G 5 times. I got the PS All Stars characters Isaac Clarke & Zues with my copy of God of War: Ascension and downloaded The Cave.