Name your own game, or a game of your favorite franchise.

• 65 results
Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Fallout A Post Nuclear Chinese RPG

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By egg

This thread poses difficulties, because I don't always think of names for my ideas, and when I do, the name is obviously not final. One example is Ridge Racer Hitler, a Ridge Racer game set in rural Germany, in which Hitler is both the backseat driver, and the mascot. It would also be the first Ridge Racer game with a licensed manufacturer. (Volkswagen)

No Caption Provided

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#53  Edited By Tireyo

@egg said:

This thread poses difficulties, because I don't always think of names for my ideas, and when I do, the name is obviously not final. One example is Ridge Racer Hitler, a Ridge Racer game set in rural Germany, in which Hitler is both the backseat driver, and the mascot. It would also be the first Ridge Racer game with a licensed manufacturer. (Volkswagen)

No Caption Provided

Ridge Racer: World War 2 Edition! Throw in Roosevelt, Mussolini, Chruchill and Stalin. =-P

You know, ideas are more important than names. I like hearing ideas too! I can admit that some of the names I've come up are a bit unoriginal, but there is an idea behind it to back it up.=-)

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Rise of Nations 2: The Rising Uprising

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Giant Rain

Heavy Rain style game in the Giant Bomb offices.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#56 sgtsphynx  Moderator

Please note that I did not come up with the idea for this game, only the name, and the name sucks compared to the game idea. The idea came from a user on one of GFAQs message boards.

The game is a First Person Shooter and below is transcribed the idea:

The war between the Gummy Bears and the Animal Crackers continues unabated. The Animal Crackers occupy most of the downstairs, including the kitchen, which is their headquarters. The Gummy Bears have their primary base of operations in the master bedroom upstairs.

You are a member of and elite Gummy Bear Special Operations Battalion. When military intelligence agents discover that the Animal Crackers are developing a super-weapon - a jalapeno gumball bomb - capable of annihilating all life upstairs, you and your squad are sent on a top-secret mission to infiltrate the kitchen and destroy or sabotage the bomb.

You begin as a clear Gummy Bear, but you can collect various color powerups, such as fire (red,) health regen (green,) and speed boost (yellow.)

I suck at naming things, but the name I came up with is Golden Gummy. Shitty name, I know.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By egg

@tireyo said:

@egg said:

No Caption Provided

Ridge Racer: World War 2 Edition! Throw in Roosevelt, Mussolini, Chruchill and Stalin. =-P

You know, ideas are more important than names. I like hearing ideas too! I can admit that some of the names I've come up are a bit unoriginal, but there is an idea behind it to back it up.=-)

not world war 2... imagine these commercials turned into a game:

Loading Video...

yea... pretty much that.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Tireyo
egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By egg

I once had an idea for a Star Fox spinoff/sequel featuring an entirely new cast. (no returning characters, and it might take take place decades or centuries after the old timeline) Some names I thought of are Dogfighters (or Space Dogfighters) or Star Fox Legends: Something.

I also had an idea for a Star Fox racing game. I never thought about what the name would be, but I am posting the idea here anyway so it isn't lost to time:

Abilitease. The story would open with Star Fox team already the lead racing team, and the first race in the game is the world championship. You win (or are about to win) but in the last stretch of the last lap you set off a trap causing the game's most powerful rival team to speed by. In the cutscene afterwards, your garage (Great Fox?) is destroyed in an explosion. (accident or sabotage?? dun dun duuun) The rival team is interviewed on TV and they call Fox a has-been. Fast foward to a month later. The game begins with you as Fox having to work your way all the way back to the top. Lowest speed class, low money, no team members, and a piece of junk for a vehicle. Fox's mission is to claim the championship and expose corruption in the racing league. (that, and to show the world that the legend of Star Fox lives on)

As for why Fox is alone a month later, it's because the other members joined other teams, or quit racing altogether. But over time you can find and recruit them back.

Over the course of the game you can recruit from a vast array of characters, at least some of which players will never have seen before. You could try to recreate the original team, but this would merely be an option. (although to keep things interesting, your team size could be 5 or more, and certain characters might either be very hard to unlock, or come with drawbacks. For example maybe Falco requires an absurdly high salary)

The game would have multiple types or races/vehicles. Landmaster would be its own class for example.

Toca Race Driver 3 Monster Trucks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvcdH6d_xhI

The landmasters would of course be modified for racing (e.g. main turret removed, more engine power, etc)

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Splinter Cell, the game that no one else on giantbomb seems to have even a vague interest in... Yea I know he story is dumb, but the gameplay is awesome.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@basm321 said:

Splinter Cell, the game that no one else on giantbomb seems to have even a vague interest in... Yea I know he story is dumb, but the gameplay is awesome.

You obviously didn't read anything that I had said or anybodies comments, did you? Only read the title, am I right? PAY ATTENTION!!

@egg said:

I once had an idea for a Star Fox spinoff/sequel featuring an entirely new cast. (no returning characters, and it might take take place decades or centuries after the old timeline) Some names I thought of are Dogfighters (or Space Dogfighters) or Star Fox Legends: Something.

I also had an idea for a Star Fox racing game. I never thought about what the name would be, but I am posting the idea here anyway so it isn't lost to time:

Abilitease. The story would open with Star Fox team already the lead racing team, and the first race in the game is the world championship. You win (or are about to win) but in the last stretch of the last lap you set off a trap causing the game's most powerful rival team to speed by. In the cutscene afterwards, your garage (Great Fox?) is destroyed in an explosion. (accident or sabotage?? dun dun duuun) The rival team is interviewed on TV and they call Fox a has-been. Fast foward to a month later. The game begins with you as Fox having to work your way all the way back to the top. Lowest speed class, low money, no team members, and a piece of junk for a vehicle. Fox's mission is to claim the championship and expose corruption in the racing league. (that, and to show the world that the legend of Star Fox lives on)

As for why Fox is alone a month later, it's because the other members joined other teams, or quit racing altogether. But over time you can find and recruit them back.

Over the course of the game you can recruit from a vast array of characters, at least some of which players will never have seen before. You could try to recreate the original team, but this would merely be an option. (although to keep things interesting, your team size could be 5 or more, and certain characters might either be very hard to unlock, or come with drawbacks. For example maybe Falco requires an absurdly high salary)

The game would have multiple types or races/vehicles. Landmaster would be its own class for example.

Toca Race Driver 3 Monster Trucks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvcdH6d_xhI

The landmasters would of course be modified for racing (e.g. main turret removed, more engine power, etc)

I thought of having the return of only one character in my idea of Starfox, and that return character would be Peppy Hare. Peppy is the only one that knew Fox's father personally, so it would only be logical to see him back. I like the fact that there should be a new cast, but I feel like that there still needs to be some type of connection or familiarity that ties into the main characters in the original StarFox without actually having them as playable characters. I feel like fox shouldn't be the main playable character as well, as I would like to see a younger Peppy Hare as a playable character, or quite possibly the one that you'll have to rescue. If you go to that rescue route, then that's when Starox's father comes into the picture as a playable character. Also, an easy ending for the game would be that Peppy is telling the original Starfox team about his adventures when Starfox's father was alive, and before his son (Fox McCloud) was born. This would just be my preference in terms of story.

I really liked reading what ideas you had for the gameplay and story, and I think it would really make for a really great StarFox game! I'm thrilled to see that someone else has a creative mind about their favorite games. If you have any more ideas, I wouldn't mind reading them. You just might have to put up with my ideas too. =-P If you want to keep the ideas out of the forum, then I'm game for a PM if you are!

GinjaAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hyrule Warriors: Name Not Final

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Solid V : David Hayter Edition.

mjk0104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By mjk0104

Jazz Jackrabbit: The Ultimate Showdown. A Jazz game with a Smash Bros-esque fight between a whole bunch of 90's platformers, such as Earthworm Jim.

Also, Age of Mythology:The Roman Heresy. Or anything with more AoM really...

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Elder Scrolls VI: Dwemer

Red Dead Revengeance

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers