Need Help With Battlefield 5 and EA Abandoned Me

TheOratog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not here to shit on EA or Dice, even though they've both dropped on my personal rank-list of good developers.

I've been having a reoccuring issue with Battlefield 5 which after a fresh install, everything works gloriously. Once in, im forced to update. I believe this is where the fuckery comes from.

After updating and playing, everything runs fine. If i close the game and relaunch however, the audio stops working after the start up screen. It will play 5-6 seconds of music then cut out, the weird thing is that discord cuts out too. I was prepared to ignore the no audio and still attempt to enjoy a world war with my friends. Unfortunately since it cuts out all audio, I can't enjoy it at all. Ive reached out on the EA answers HQ and no one from the community will help. I have so much fun when the game runs properly and wish to continue playing. Ive been a huge fan of the series since bad company 2 (was my first battlefield) but after no help from developers or community Im really starting to lose faith in EA and DICE.

So please if anyone here can help, I would appreciate it very much.

Things ive done

-restarted computer

-relaunched game

-verified DirectX

-updated drivers

-reinstalled game (works as long as i dont close out of the game)

-clean booted my pc

-messed with audio settings in astro command

-messed with audio settings in system settings

-updated graphics driver (I began getting desperate)

Please help, calling out to all geniuses and gamers

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@theoratog: Oof, sounds like a tricky one to figure out. The fact it kills all your audio (not just the game) has me curious if its crashing an audio driver somehow. What headset/audio device do you use to listen to the game and discord? Do you have a different device you could try? If you are using a USB headset it might be possible that the headset's USB soundcard is crashing and if you used a 3mm headphone jack instead maybe it would be okay (or vice-versa).

That's the best guess I've got right now. You could also try using TV speakers over HDMI if you don't have another sound device.

TheOratog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im using astro a20s and the sound driver from those are my primary. It's kind of odd, after i read your post i swapped usb ports and disabled all other sound drivers besides my mic (astro a20 voice) and headphone (astro a20 game) drivers and it seems to work now, not sure if i can use discord though I'll give it a shot for sure.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4 fisk0  Moderator

Could also be a problem with Windows' advanced audio settings that can allow programs exclusive access to the sound hardware, where Discord and BF5 (and possibly other programs) are fighting over which will have full control of the audio.

You could right click the volume control and go to "Audio Devices", double click your active device and go to the "Advanced" tab and make sure the "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" option isn't checkmarked.

TheOratog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill try that aswell. I dont like having my soundcards disabled. Im not too tech savvy so im not sure how that will toll on thr computer