New Ahoy Documentary on X-COM (1hr40m)

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The long awaited next documentary from Ahoy has finally arrived and i'm really enjoying it so far.

I had to stop the video though when i learned that the main UK office for MicroProse was located in Chipping Sodbury, i went to primary school in Chipping Sodbury, i left the school 2 years before their office was closed and despite running around most of the town as a kid i had no idea they were there, as a big fan of old MicroProse games i had to find out more but i haven't learned much except a potential location.

I found an old post code for the office which is no longer in use, but a post code searching site takes me to where it used to go which is a building stuck between a packaging supply shop and a chemical company, i don't know what the area looked like 20 years ago but it explains why i never saw it, i've been in the woods nearby.

No Caption Provided

I'd really love to see old photos of their office maybe with the logo on it, though since it's an out of the way area i can imagine they didn't bother adorning it with the logo, i'm just excited because there's rarely anything cool about where i grew up :P.

Bogard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow it's almost been a year since their last video. You can tell they put a lot of effort into this.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, that was a good watch.

hack1501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oooo I love X-COM, I'll have to check this out.