Hey there interested Apple TV Giantbomb video watcher. I found the official Giantbomb app on tvOS didn't have all the features I wanted out of it. And since they provide public APIs I figured I'd just create exactly what I did want, and so I have.
This includes things like:
- Keeping track of your most recent 1,000+ watched videos. Giantbomb by default only supports your last 20 and I wanted a much longer list.
- Watching multiple videos at the same time. Jetlag created something for the web here and I liked it so I created something similar for tvOS.
- Create your own custom carousels. Everyone has their own preferred taste in shows and content, and I wanted a way to create a carousel specific to my tastes or to create a "show" from a series of videos that weren't an actual show (Pokemonday night combat for example). In my app, you can create your own carousels of content that filter based on a number of different options; so create the carousel(s) of your dream.
- Watchlist: Simple enough, add whatever random videos you want to it as you find them and they'll remove themselves after they've been watched.
- Maybe you used the official Giantbomb app and noticed the HD videos had serious stuttering problems? Well I've found a workaround for that issue (though technically it's still a tvOS bug I think).
- Top Shelf Support. Now you can instantly resume or go into the video details on content you care about right from the Apple TV home screen (if you place the app in the top-most row on the Apple TV home screen)
If any of this sounds interesting to you then search for GB Fan in the tvOS app store and give it a go. I'll be retiring the old testflight link and if/when I have something new I'd like to be tested I'll update this page with a new link for anyone interested in being an early tester. Thanks for everyone who downloaded and tried it out early!
And feel free to leave any feedback, bugs, crashes, suggestions, or requests in the thread below. Thanks!
I've re-added some screens from my app.