New Burnout to Come at E3? (Not A Rumour or Fact)

gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By gamerpigeon

I was just wondering what the community thinks on our chances of a New Burnout Game coming at E3 this year. The Need For Speed Hot Pursuit game is done and Criterion have perhaps a chance to build another Burnout game using the same Engine from Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. Assuming of course they arn't already working on a sequeal for Hot Pursuit.

It's been just over 3 years since Paradise was released and coming up on two since the last piece of DLC was Released. I'm sure enough that the Burnout Franchise isn't Dead. If it 's the right time for another though yet im hopeful but aware that perhaps Criterion might want to make something else non car related. I don't know.

But a New Burnout or PGR5 would make my E3. Im not a Petrol head but my two favourite games this generation are PGR4 & Burnout Paradise.

Anyone else itching for some more Burnout?

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KarlPilkington

I think that genre has been Burnt Out.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187
@Chabbs0 said:
" I think that genre has been Burnt Out. "
Most definitely not.  Burnout is a fantastic franchise, and the fact that Burnout Paradise is still as wildly popular as it is almost three years after its release says a ton about the game itself. 

There are a myriad of places that Paradise could've improved, and I'm sure that Criterion has been working on a new game somewhere.  When we'll hear about it is a different story, and that's if they aren't knee deep in something involving Need for Speed or not.
donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#4  Edited By donutfever
@Chabbs0 said:

" I think that genre has been Burnt Out. "

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By iam3green

i would like to see one of those again. i played a little bit of the paradise. i didn't like the changes that they made for some of the races compared to revenge.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By trace

I would absolutely love a new Burnout Paradise. Putting more of a focus on the online play, and less on "finish the singleplayer so you'll have all the cars you need for multiplayer" would be great. I'd love to see a system for automating Freeburn challenges, as well, so you don't necessarily have to deal with someone who takes five minutes to start up the "use boost for five seconds" challenge. More competitiveness in completing the challenges would be nice, too.

Also maybe motorcycle racing. Never did get enough use out of those great bikes.

Regardless, I poured hundreds of hours into Paradise, and I'd gladly do the same for a quality sequel.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By awesomeusername
@gamerpigeon: I hope so. I loved Paradise and Hot Pursuit and I love love love Criterion. They're really good but EA already said that Hot Pursuit was just for they could get Need for Speed back on it's feet. The other guys (Blackbox or something) are making the rest of the NFS games, including the upcoming Shift 2 Unleashed. Maybe they'll show something at E3 or maybe later on in the year but I think another one will be out by the end of 2012 or the beginning of 2013. My guess though. 

@jakob187 said:
"  that's if they aren't knee deep in something involving Need for Speed or not. "
What I said to gamerpigeon up there. They did Hot Pursuit just to get NS back on it's feet. The original NFS team are making the rest of NFS.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Dany

Just give me Burnout Paradise in a real city that is bigger and more neon and sweet tunes (No girlfriend from avril lavigne for the love of GOD!) Everytime that came one, i CRINGED!!!

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kidman
@awesomeusername: Shift 2 is being made by Slightly Mad Studios;) 
Also fuck yeah for new burnout (if it happens), i've sunk like 45hrs into Paradise - enjoyed every second of it.
Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By awesomeusername
@kidman: Yeah, those guys then. 
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By beargirl1
@Dany said:
"  Just give me Burnout Paradise in a real city that is bigger and more neon and sweet tunes (No girlfriend from avril lavigne for the love of GOD!) Everytime that came one, i CRINGED!!! "
as much as i love burnout paradise, the soundtrack was pretty awful. whoever made the choice for some of those songs doesn't deserve to live 
bosshog70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By bosshog70

More challenges for Paradise would be nice, there is room for more Burnout games 

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By aurahack
@AjayRaz: As opposed to earlier EA Games or the EA BIG titles, the people who decide on the soundtrack stuff for EA are separate from the developers :( Burnout has kind of always had an awful soundtrack, starting from 3. After all, that's where I can remember My Chemical Romance making their videogame debut.
blalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By blalala

I'd actually like a new burnout game that is more like the old ones (namely 3). Don't really care for the whole open world thing. Would love to play some crash mode online.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CptBedlam

The series lost me as a fan with Burnout Paradise. I absolutely hate open worlds in racing games. Burnout before Paradise was just about driving ridiculously fast and having a good time. It was simple and this trademark simplicity was totally lost when they went open world. I don't want to stop at crossroads and I don't want to look at a map in mid-race. It was just a bad game design and I think Paradise was way overrated when it came out. I tried hard, I wanted to like it but after a few days I gave up and sold it because it just wasn't fun.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CptBedlam
@Dany:  Go play NFS Underground or something. Neon and open-world is what already destroyed the NFS franchise.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#17  Edited By beargirl1
@aurahack: the soundtracks were never anything special in Burnout games, but at least in Burnout 3 and Revenge, it was tolerable. Paradise stepped into some new realm of awfulness in soundtracks.   
CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CptBedlam
@AjayRaz: Yep, with Burnout 3 and to a slightly lesser degree with Burnout 4, I always found a handful of songs that I really liked. Sometimes in a guilty pleasure kind of way ... like that Sugarcult song in Burnout 3. It was just good times. I didn't get that experience with Burnout Paradise.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dany
@CptBedlam said:
" @Dany:  Go play NFS Underground or something. Neon and open-world is what already destroyed the NFS franchise. "
I also want cars to crash and hopefully a real crash challenge mode.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By JJOR64

This year?  Probably not.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CptBedlam
@Dany said:

" @CptBedlam said:

" @Dany:  Go play NFS Underground or something. Neon and open-world is what already destroyed the NFS franchise. "

I also want cars to crash and hopefully a real crash challenge mode. "
I want that too. And I guess I could live with a neon theme for some tracks just for visual variety. But open-world is a no-go for me. I just hate the open city concept in racing games. 

However, Criterions NFS already seems a little better in that regard though. I haven't played it yet but from what I've seen the open world in that game consists of longer intertwining roads instead of a whole lot of unfun crossroads which Paradise consisted of.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dany
@CptBedlam
@Dany said:
" @CptBedlam said:
I want that too. And I guess I could live with a neon theme for some tracks just for visual variety. But open-world is a no-go for me. I hate racing games that have an open city instead of tracks.
I disliked paradise early on because the concept of open city and stopping at lights was just dumb it grew on me and now I really love that game.
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SSully
@CptBedlam:  Did you even play burnout paradise??? It was still about driving absurdly fast, and why would you be stopping at crossroads?? It was easily the best game in the series, the only downside was they did not have a classic burnout out mode for destructive greatness, they put in something similar, but it was not nearly as fun as the classic mode. 
LordAssinhiemr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LordAssinhiemr
@SSully said:
" @CptBedlam:  Did you even play burnout paradise??? It was still about driving absurdly fast, and why would you be stopping at crossroads?? It was easily the best game in the series, the only downside was they did not have a classic burnout out mode for destructive greatness, they put in something similar, but it was not nearly as fun as the classic mode.  "
Which is why I spent half of the time playing Paradise than the two before it. Crash mode was the bread and butter, and they squished it flat with Paradise.
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SSully
@LordAssinhiemr:  

They definitely made crash mode a shell of its former self, but the rest of the game made up for it in my opinion. Hopefully in the next game they take the greatness that is Burnout Paradise and successfully merge it with their older games.
CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CptBedlam
@SSully: If they want to go back to greatness (Burnout 3) they'd have to throw out the open city.
blalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By blalala
@CptBedlam said:
" @Dany said:

" @CptBedlam said:

I want that too. And I guess I could live with a neon theme for some tracks just for visual variety. But open-world is a no-go for me. I just hate the open city concept in racing games.   However, Criterions NFS already seems a little better in that regard though. I haven't played it yet but from what I've seen the open world in that game consists of longer intertwining roads instead of a whole lot of unfun crossroads which Paradise consisted of. "
You should go out and buy NFS:HP NOW! It's not open world at all, progression is through event select and the "tracks" have barriers, like burnout 3. You can free roam though the world, but there's really no incentive to do so. This is basically the closest to BO3 you can get, sans the crash mode, of course.