New dualshock 4 model

Avatar image for jdizzlefoshizzle
jdizzlefoshizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My launch dualshock 4's face buttons are starting to stick, so I'm in the market for a new ps4 controller. I read about the updated one bundled with the slim with the second light bar and usb transmitting capabilities. With that I have two questions: does anyone know if this new model of the controller is available as a standalone purchase, and if so where/how you can buy it. Secondly, and I know it is only a minimal update, does anyone have any thoughts on this slight remodel of the dualshock 4. I'm especially interested in the usb functionality as things like using the controller's bluetooth to broadcast the games audio into your headphones sometimes doesn't work as well as I imagine it would when sending info through a cable. Now I know im maybe an edge case in that I care about the audio quality of game audio sent through a controller into heaphones, but am I alone on this? Any other related thoughts?

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

As far as I can tell, the PS4 Slim's controller isn't available as a standalone purchase. That will likely change eventually, but it seems as though you're stuck with the original controller for now.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dave_Tacitus