New GUILTY! Shirt

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What does the japanese text on the new Luchadeer GUILTY shirt say? I don't want to wear it without knowing.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By alternate

The katakana coming from Luchadeer says "Escape" and the Kanji says "criminal activity" or something to that effect.

I don't read it but several ppl on reddit and era do.

Personal opinion. Random Japanese as a design choice is really out dated.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Personal opinion. Random Japanese as a design choice is really out dated.

No Caption Provided

So...its retro?

thisisdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I just got my two new shirts and I’m super disappointed. The quality is much lower. There is basically just a sticker slapped on the shirts. For the price these should of been really nice shirts, not something my co workers make for 5 dollars a piece.

permanentsigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I just got my two new shirts and I’m super disappointed. The quality is much lower. There is basically just a sticker slapped on the shirts. For the price these should of been really nice shirts, not something my co workers make for 5 dollars a piece.

joeygills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thisisdell: Definitely do what @permanentsigh said. I reached out on Twitter and was told to take front-facing pics of the shirts. The Guilty one is so bad. Bomby is better, but the vinyl printing is like, Flea Market Shirt Stall quality and thickness, especially compared to older shirts with big prints. Vinnyvania has similar size and shape of the Bomby logo, but it's soft and good.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh that's rough. My shirt hasn't shipped yet so hopefully I'm getting one of the revised versions.

Also, back to the GUILTY shirt; I like the implication that luchadeer speaks Japanese. That's funny to me. I wish CRIMINAL ACTIVITY was in english though. At first I thought "Luchadeer only loves" was a complete sentence but now that I see it's a sentence that's half in english and half in japanese, it just kinda makes me think "Why?".

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@joeygills: I had the same thing with my temple shirt that came today. Definitely contact support.

No Caption Provided
Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes me curious. Has there been anyone to actually get a good shirt from the new batch? This kind of seems systemic.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They changed suppliers. My guess is the samples were silk screen printed on good stock and then they pulled a fast one on the actual orders.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SethMode

@permanentsigh: Yeah, big same. Got the cat yarn one which looks great on the computer screen, but looks like something I could have ironed on at home (in other words, not good).

I guess I'll reach out too. I wore and washed it once and tried it again and it still feels weird and looks like shit.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna lie... For me, the American company using Japanese text as a design aesthetic shares some of the same energy as white guys with tribal tattoos.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brian_: If I understand the reference correctly, it's a parody of Japanese wrestling t-shirts from the 80's and 90's. Sure, getting the reference it's not as bad as the old "putting Japanese letters on stuff to signify spirituality" BUT... wearing that in public I can guarantee that almost nobody will get the reference and will assume you're just an orientalist asshat.

It's a shame, I like the shirt but it's one I'd never wear. The shirt should say FUCK YOU, WE ARE GIANT BOMB