New Halo Helmed By former MGS4 Producer !!!!!!!!!!

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Riddler

Not Only is MS managing to get former playstation exclusives on their platform, now they have former employees working for them as well.  *BICTH SLAP*

"Ryan Payton, late of Kojima Productions, has landed an impressive job here in the states. Payton has been hired by Microsoft to be the creative director on the upcoming Peter Jackson Halo game. Corrine Yu and Kenneth scott, former art director from id software have also joined Microsoft game studios.

Payton has been credited with speaheading a more western approach to controls for MGS4, making the game far more approchable and much tighter than the previous installments."

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Vaxadrin
Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Keano
FUCK YEAH BITCHES
FUCK YEAH BITCHES
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Demilich

First Three Words

"Rumor has it"

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ma7moud

Betrayalton
But Hopefully its true.

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Keano
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Milkman

Considering we still know NOTHING about this new Peter Jackson/Halo project, I'll shelter my excitement for now.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vaxadrin
Milkman said:
"Considering we still know NOTHING about this new Peter Jackson/Halo project, I'll shelter my excitement for now."
Well now we know something.  Any form of entertaining action will be broken by horribly paced 20 minute long cutscenes.
Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Keano
caption
caption
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Milkman
Vaxadrin said:
"Milkman said:
"Considering we still know NOTHING about this new Peter Jackson/Halo project, I'll shelter my excitement for now."
Well now we know something.  Any form of entertaining action will be broken by horribly paced 20 minute long cutscenes."
I couldn't tell whether that was a Peter Jackson joke or a Metal Gear Solid joke. Either way, I disagree.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HandsomeDead
Milkman said:
"Vaxadrin said:
"Milkman said:
Well now we know something.  Any form of entertaining action will be broken by horribly paced 20 minute long cutscenes."
I couldn't tell whether that was a Peter Jackson joke or a Metal Gear Solid joke. Either way, I disagree."
Can't be a Peter Jackson joke because it would have to be a 5 hour cutscene to even sound slightly ludicrous.
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vaxadrin
HandsomeDead said:
"Can't be a Peter Jackson joke because it would have to be a 5 hour cutscene to even sound slightly ludicrous."
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Snail

I am not a fanboy of any specific console (unlike just about EVERY fanatic posting on this thread apparently) but I prefer MGS games to Halo games, and if Hideo Kojima is planing on something new, such as a prequel, I hope it doesn't loose quality. Betrayal sucks.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MetalGearSunny
Rumor has it thatRyan Payton, late of Kojima Productions, has landed a pretty impressive job here in the states.

Our very reliable sources tell us that Payton has been hired by Microsoft to be the creative director on the upcoming, and still not dead, Peter Jackson Halo game.

The news, very reliable news, comes weeks after we broke the news that Gearbox Director of Technology Corrinne Yu had been hired by Microsoft Game Studios to be Principle Engine Architect for Microsoft's Halo Franchise Team.

Rumor had it at the time that Yu and her husband, Kenneth Scott were both joining Microsoft Game Studios. Scott is an art director at id Software.

Payton, assistant producer on Metal Gear Solid 4, has been credited with spearheading a more Western approach to controls for Metal Gear Solid 4, making the game far more approachable and much tighter than the previous installment. He also helped warm the MGS4 team up to more Western developed games like Gears of War as well.

We heard back from Microsoft and they hit us up with "Microsoft does not comment on rumors or speculation.” Which in Microsoft speak is almost tantamount to a confirmation.

Did you bother to read that?

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vaxadrin

u mad?

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Riddler
Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
"Rumor has it thatRyan Payton, late of Kojima Productions, has landed a pretty impressive job here in the states.

Our very reliable sources tell us that Payton has been hired by Microsoft to be the creative director on the upcoming, and still not dead, Peter Jackson Halo game.

The news, very reliable news, comes weeks after we broke the news that Gearbox Director of Technology Corrinne Yu had been hired by Microsoft Game Studios to be Principle Engine Architect for Microsoft's Halo Franchise Team.

Rumor had it at the time that Yu and her husband, Kenneth Scott were both joining Microsoft Game Studios. Scott is an art director at id Software.

Payton, assistant producer on Metal Gear Solid 4, has been credited with spearheading a more Western approach to controls for Metal Gear Solid 4, making the game far more approachable and much tighter than the previous installment. He also helped warm the MGS4 team up to more Western developed games like Gears of War as well.

We heard back from Microsoft and they hit us up with "Microsoft does not comment on rumors or speculation.” Which in Microsoft speak is almost tantamount to a confirmation.

Did you bother to read that?

"
are you new or something? Microsoft says that for every bit of news, price drops, announcements.
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vaxadrin

Also, every rumor involving Microsoft comes true.  That company can't hold a secret to save their life.

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Keano

Microsoft doesnt comment on anything, they didnt comment on Avatars, they didnt comment on Price drops, they didnt comment on Gears2 until epic announced it. 

That statement, "We dont comment on rumors" doesnt mean anything. and most rumors from MS turns true
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crunchUK

hahaha teh pwnzage it seems MS is purchasing chunks out of sony XD

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By clubsandwich
Vaxadrin said:
"
"
Renegade_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Renegade_v2
:)
:)
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vaxadrin
clubsandwich said:
"hell yeah motherfucker"
I fucking love that picture.
mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By mrfluke
Keano said:
"
caption
caption
"thats pretty much it i think its a real good  that he settled on a job working on a epic game
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By OmegaPirate

why are 80% of the trhreads here flamebait or insults towards people who own a different console/ haw haw ourZ iZ better than j00urZ

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Keano
OmegaPirate said:
"why are 80% of the trhreads here flamebait or insults towards people who own a different console/ haw haw ourZ iZ better than j00urZ"
cause the nazi mods banned all the good users like CaseyWegner that used to make funny topics, now theres nothing to talk about and the forums are almost dead.
Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Steve_C

lol, wasn't the man working at Kojima Productions, and not Sony. What's all this silly fanboy-ism about.

MGS4 is the best game i've played this year, so if he can more any more games awesome, then good.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By Karmum

Well, this sucks this couldn't have just been discussion about the possible project, but more "Microsoft better than you" crap. But anyways, it should be interesting to see how this turns out.

Avatar image for mister_vengeance
mister_vengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mister_vengeance

You can't blame Payton for wanting to high-tail it out from under Kojima's shadow. No sane man caps a game with a cutscene that's over an hour, so I would imagine that now the only voice Big K listens to is his own. Credit is due to Payton on making a case for the new camera, even if Western audiences have been shouting about it nonstop since Splinter Cell.

There's no point in speculating on the quality of the forthcoming title, but the talent is certainly there.

Cymatics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Cymatics

How is this betrayal? Becouse they got another job? I guess that makes me one to, since I've changed job a few times.

Anyways, sounds good to me. The team looks good, with a lot of talent, so I am hoping for the best.

Avatar image for kalashnikovak47
kalashnikovAK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kalashnikovAK47

metal gear halo,  ninja Raiden vs a bunch of spartans instead of gekko lol

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By OmegaPirate
kalashnikovAK47 said:
"metal gear halo,  ninja Raiden vs a bunch of spartans instead of gekko lol"
GOTY right here!
Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Keano
dcpc10 said:
"wow, fanboys galore in this thread *moves to another*

oh and did i mention how MS recently lost Eternal sonata AND Bioshock as an exclusive? exactly."
Bioshock wasnt an exclusive in the first place (PC)
i love how you scream "teh Fanboyz" and then type the same response.....LMAO!!!! hypocrisy FTW
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By Systech

If this is for real, I am happy.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By fr0br0

I don't own a 360, but I'm glad to see that Ryan Payton got some recognition and is working on another big game.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rowr

Im just glad to see the project is apparently moving forward, with some talent behind it.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By PufferFiz

this is dumb( the thread) they guy left his job on his own account and ,if true, got another job. SO WHAT?

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37  Edited By DARKIDO07
Keano said:
"
caption
caption
"
Wait so Solid Snake didn't kill himself at the end? He froze himself and woke up 500 years latter as a supersoilder and was young again. *Somewhere Kojima is cursing right now I just said the story of MGS5*