Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@kichiku_rose: Care to put forward an argument for why its rubbish? I quite like it personally.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zaccheus

Amazing thread man. A well thought out critique of what is wrong with the new PSN. I hope someone at Sony reads this and takes note. This is sure to sprout a vivid and constructive discussion about the subject.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By obcdexter

Weird, I actually really like it. I don't care much for the looks, but I sure get to what I want a whole lot faster and I like the "hub-world" idea of getting to the tab of a game and all the promotional stuff and DLC's are listed under "Videos" and "Extras" on the bottom. It sure seems tidied up a lot.

Not to mention you can finally apply a useful set of filters to arrange large lists of games - my favorite on that front: price low to high. :P

Yeah, I do think it's quite a big step forward.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

Can this thread just be locked now?

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Arebuckle

I really don't like from the time I've spent with it. It feels damn slow and cluttered, nothing made the slightest sense to me from what I was looking at.

I wanted to look at the latest things on the store, I press Latest and I'm greeted with different sized boxes containing different games. No details or any indication as to what's new with them. I was just left confused.

Then I went to PS+. There's no latest option there so I just went to exclusives. Half of the God damn page is taking up by an ad for PS+! This marvelous idea means you can only see a total of 6 things at one time. There's no way to change the view either from what I could see.

At that point I just said screw it and closed it. I'll have a look later, maybe it'll make some sense then.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By devilzrule27

Being that it's not out in the states and wont be for a bit since it was delayed I can't judge it really but my understanding is that it is based of the design for the Video Unlimited store. If that is so then I'm looking forward to the new PSN store.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Sterling

What new PSN? This is the first I have heard of this.

Just saw a video of the new store. I like it.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Morrow

At first I was like "ewwww" but now I like it. By entering the name of the game you're looking for, navigation is a lot faster.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Sackmanjones

I HATE CHANGE! NO CHANGE!!!

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Grillbar

i was actually going to make a post about the original and how fucked that one was, atleast in my case and im guessing in most of europes case but then they put out the new one, so yes and no

the original psn was so super fucked, correction it was a cluster fuck. it was super slow to go in and out of things, so bad that if i had to download things i would watch tv while i waited to for it to catch up so i could leave a page each time, there was to many sub folders in a catagori for no aparent reason. example in the psn+ freebies section there was 6 folders containing some content in all of them but with no logic to why and it was that for pretty much every section.

the new one is just different so its hard to get used to, there are some things about the new one that is a little bad since it harder to find a specific sub folder like new this week, and things like that.

and the sub folders image and header leaved less then desired information in most cases. mostly in the freebies section

oddly enough the us psn service was fine since they had not fucked up the interface on that one and had keept it way more clean. there was a huge amount of difference between the psn i used and the us.

so in my mind what they should have done was keep the original design and clean it up in the same vein as the us psn. though granted i belive that, that one was also super fucking slow with handeling actions like going back to some other sub folder after you have started downloading something.

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

Can this thread just be locked now?

why, i agree that the OP had nothing to say other then went but it has still started some kind of discussion

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the new PSN store. I always thought the old one was complete dogshit. With how awful Xbox LIVE Marketplace has become it has easily usurped it. Maybe teh fact that I've begun routing my PS3 through my computer instead of directly to my modem, thus severely upgrading my PSN speed has a hand in it too, but I think it's a lot more elegant, just like how the XMB clearly outshines the Dashboard nowadays.

Sony and Microsoft sure have switched the tables when it come sto their online offering. I'd tell anyone who would listen how much I hated PSN and it being a big contributor to me favoring my 360 as my main platform of the two. Now, not so much.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iam3green

o sony changed their store? i don't go to the store too much so this is new to me.

Trainer_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Trainer_Red

Who cares?

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Revan_NL

@Morrow said:

At first I was like "ewwww" but now I like it. By entering the name of the game you're looking for, navigation is a lot faster.

Yes, like for instance, typing in 'The Walking Dead' and then find a couple of Rockband songs with the word 'walk/walking' in it. Works like a charm...

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By bed

@Trainer_Red said:

Who cares?

people that use PSN, probably

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By audiosnow

As long as they reduce the enormous dead-zone they give the DualShock on the dashboard I'll be happy.

The Xbox interface may be sick with ads but at least I can navigate with reasonable speed.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Morrow

@Revan_NL: Oh. Well that's a drag.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By MEATBALL

I kind of find it hard to find what I'm looking for compared to the old store, I love the look of it, it's super flashy, but I haven't found it to be an improvement in terms of navigation. Also, I can't access it via remote play :( No more queuing up downloads from bed in the middle of the night :P

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Genkkaku

I think it looks really neat and slick.. but with the old one I was always 2 clicks away from knowing everything newly released this week, and I had to go digging with the new one, I'm not even sure I found everything..

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Sogeman

Instead of locking up now it's just slower but at least you can finally go to the main page of a game and view all associated content. So it's pretty much 100% better.

@Revan_NL said:

@Morrow said:

Yes, like for instance, typing in 'The Walking Dead' and then find a couple of Rockband songs with the word 'walk/walking' in it. Works like a charm...

Was the one I found as well. But they fixed it. Now the season pass comes up also.

@mlarrabee said:

As long as they reduce the enormous dead-zone they give the DualShock on the dashboard I'll be happy.

The Xbox interface may be sick with ads but at least I can navigate with reasonable speed.

Never use a stick for menu navigation or typing on the keyboard. Dpad is way faster and more responsive.