New Show Idea from Bombcast 783

Axl159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jeffgrubb@janman and anyone else:

Isn't "Buy Curious" (a show where they play games that they or other people are curious about a game) Just a Quick Look with some multiplayer team games thrown in?

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's content on the site, I'll take it.

Gyratyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The distinction is that Quick Looks are generally for recent releases, while Buy Curious would be for older ones that they've been meaning to play, but haven't had the opportunity yet.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@gyratyne: Yeah, the limitation of the site for its entire existence is that GB either covers a game if it’s less than a month old, or more than 5 years old. It’s been rare to see coverage of any game that is 2-18 months old that passed the staff by at time of release.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tartyron

I dunno. Seems fine. To me, the extremely cut down production of quick looks is is something that makes me come here a lot less. Live streams don’t quite have the same appeal for me. I’d they had more than two or three quick looks a month (it used to be that many a week or more), even if they are for smaller and/or older games, I’d engage more. It seems like a no brained to bring more quick looks back with the community begging for them for a few years now, I dunno what production roadblock of weird mandate from clueless Fandom management might be stopping them.

That name, thou. Buy Curious is awful. Just call them quick looks. Second looks. Last looks. Whatever. Buy Curious is the sort of name a homophobic uncle would call his gun review show.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tartyron

I dunno. Seems fine. To me, the extremely cut down production of quick looks is is something that makes me come here a lot less. Live streams don’t quite have the same appeal for me. If they had more than two or three quick looks a month (it used to be that many a week or more), even if they are for smaller and/or older games, I’d engage more. It seems like a no brainer to bring more quick looks back with the community begging for them for a few years now, I dunno what production roadblock or weird mandate from clueless Fandom management might be stopping them. I’m sure the crew all know this, so I guess there is sometime else stopping them.

That name, though. Buy Curious is awful. Just call them quick looks. Second looks. Last looks. Whatever. Buy Curious is the sort of name a homophobic uncle would call his gun review show.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as it isn't more fucking wrestling, I'm all for it.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean the site also used to have Playdates that were "just Quick Looks" if we're using this definition. But Quick Looks are more than that. They're not just the people playing the game, they're usually actually planned out pieces of content where they showcase the game and give their thoughts on it. Quick Looks are closer to video reviews than they're to an average twitch stream.

That said, I'd really like more Playdates. Or old school style of Unprofessional Fridays. Just something that isn't planned out where the duders just try out games or give extended plays of them. A middle-ground between the quick look and the let's play / long play format they're going with now, if you will.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't know what the context for this show idea was, but if they're going to use that name, then there better be heavy make-out sessions between the cast every episode. None of this empty ally crap. Put your money where your mouth is and put your mouths on each other.