Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Garfield360UK

Hey all

I am thinking of getting a couple of new Xbox 360 games as E3 has rejuvinated my liking for gaming. I am currently playing Guitar Hero 3 alot and was thinking of getting another game in that style.

I am torn between Rock Band or getting another Guitar Hero game? I heard Rock Band is not as good in single player, I can play it online for multiplayer but rarely play games in room multiplayer at my house so wandered what your thoughts on this were? Would Rock Band be best due to the ammount of downloadable content and other music options (as well as the Guitar, there is the drums, vocals, etc)? Or would Guitar Hero 2/Areosmith be a better choice due to more single player nature? (I read that in OXM so if thats wrong and single player is very good in Rock Band then I am all for that game).

Also, if you have any reccomendations for other 360 games can you please put them down for games relased this year say or at the end of last year, things like Assassins Creed, Grand Theft Auto IV etc I don't have so would appriciate your thoughts on them.

Cheers

(P.s. For the complete every song on 5* achievement on GH3, is this in quick play or career as I was doing them on quick play but I had a thought afterwards that maybe you need to do them in career? Cheers).

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Garfield360UK

Anybody? Is this in the right place as I am new to this site sorry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4a512bb9699
deactivated-5b4a512bb9699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd get rock band and the drums it's so much more fun than GH3 and the achievement can be done in both I think but you may aswell do it in career and earn money

myzticaznfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By myzticaznfool

As to the Rock Band vs. Guitar Hero battle, I think Rock Band has the edge.  I have both Rock Band and GH3 and i have to say GH3 kind of disappointed me a bit and the DLC in Rock Band has a lot of variety.  Assassin's Creed and GTA IV are both great, but two other games stood out to me the most last year - Bioshock and Call of Duty 4.   Enjoy.

SarazinRuin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SarazinRuin

Wait for Rock Band 2

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Garfield360UK

I thought that as well but I am quite happy to get a new game or two now to last over the summer game drought. I heard the content from Rock Band 1 and instruments work on it so it would be good to have it there already (I really want to play the Oasis tracks and I hope they get Feeder on Rock Band or Guitar Hero).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't wait for Rock Band to as in the UK we probably won't get the game until 2010

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By xplodedd

I would say get Fallout 3 as your avatar suggests.
assassins creed is a good game with zero replay value, so you will enjoy it for a short period of time.

NinjaPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NinjaPaul

get battlefield and play it online. It is amazing. check out jeffs review

Avatar image for themikelguereca
TheMikelGuereca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TheMikelGuereca

I would agree with Joe that you would have to wait a long time to get either for the matter and I hear that Rock band is better. You should get some Shooters like Call of Duty 4 or Halo 3. GTA 4 is a great choice if you care about story. The online isn't that good so I wouldn't get it for that reason. Gears of War is a good game but not many people play that online. 

JoshuaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JoshuaN

Civilization Revolution is an awesome game with infinite replay value. 

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Garfield360UK

Call of Duty 2 I quite liked, I didn't get COD4 so maybe I should try that as alot of my friends list seem to play it. I may get that and Rock Band, GTA IV is one of those games everybody seems to have but its got mixed receptions. I don't like the whole "violence" issue arround it but my friend let me have a try and it seems alright.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If a lot of your friends have CoD4 then get it you really can't beat playing CoD4 with friends

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Garfield360UK

Any other thoughts on this?