Eddie_the_Hated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eddie_the_Hated

Button Masher writes:

[quote]at least two of the big players at E3 commented about announcements not made at E3 and games that were not on show. There has been no comment from Microsoft about the lack of Alan Wake at E3 but both Sony and EA are making hints that their Leipzig lineups contain something that a lot of people went away wanting after E3, new stuff.

Since an interview with Todd Sitrin in March, which mentioned that there were two new sports IP’s in the works at EA, there has been a lot of talk about what they could be and when they will show their faces. Facebreaker is almost upon us and so it is that we start looking to the future and what we will be playing next.

In my time with Peter Moore we talked about these games and when we might be finding out what they will be. While talking about the importance of globalisation and the timing of the announcements of these new titles he said the following.

"You'll hear some interesting announcements at Leipzig"

Fairly blunt and to the point. The full interview will be in one of the next ButtonMasher Podcasts.

The second bits of information came from Sony. At the PAL specific press briefing David Reeves said that they had about 12 announcements to make at Leipzig, far more than what made its way out at E3.

Some print media were given a private preview screening of Heavy Rain at E3. The developers (Quantic Dream) were also present at the Sony briefing and while they weren’t able to talk about Heavy Rain at E3 outside of the private screening they did hint at more open access to information about the game at GC.[/quote]

[link=http://buttonmasher.co.nz/2008/07/20/disappointed-by-e3-wait-a-month/]LINK[/link]

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4a512bb9699
deactivated-5b4a512bb9699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I hope MS announce that the avatars thing was a hoax and they just wanted to see the community reaction to it.

SarazinRuin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SarazinRuin
Joe said:
"I hope MS announce that the avatars thing was a hoax and they just wanted to see the community reaction to it. "
God I hope so too
Flexiable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Flexiable

I'm already looking forward to it. I was actually considering going to this years Leipzig and it is relatively near in comparison to E3.

What're most people looking forward to at Leipzig then?

Josh9989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Josh9989

It seems leipzig is turning into what E3 used to be. Lets hope for a few more good announcements at this one, as I got quite bored by seeing all the 'mii too' stuff that companies were doing.

LouChou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LouChou

E3, like the dude on the balcony (Forest?) in Resident Evil 1, is just a shadow of its former self.

Avatar image for eddie_the_hated
Eddie_the_Hated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Eddie_the_Hated
Flexiable said:
What're most people looking forward to at Leipzig then?

Sony will need to put up or shut up on the Killzone 2 front, and while I have no doubts they'll provide, most mainstream gamers still have the bad taste in their mouth that is the original.

I expect to see a title announcement related to Nintendo's new extra-sensitivity adapter, with the news that most games will begin supporting it (based on the rumors that the second accelerometer is already being manufactured right into the 'mote'). There's a possibility of seeing the new Mario/Zelda/Metroid games (I expect to see a metroid DS sequel), but I wouldn't put any weight on the Mario franchise, especially seeing as Galaxy is still hot off the press.

Microsoft had a fantastic showing, in comparison to everybody else, although them pulling the plug on Bungie's new project certainly got plenty of gamers riled. It's clear they pulled out most of their big guns at E3, as they didn't wait for their FFXIII announcement, so  If not at Leipzig, expect to see their new Microsoft published title coming up soon at an independent date that they set.
dillonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By dillonator

Personally, I don't see why people say it is not like it's former self and mean that in a negative way.  I never went, so I have no personal attachment.  All the old E3 did is provide gamers with all this hype about games with shiny shinies.  And then some of the games would come out as mediocre piles of shit, and consumers would digest them simply on the strength of game magazine hype jobs.

I, personally, was more invigorated with what the guys had to say about E3 and what came out from it.  Personally, as someone who doesn't go to E3, I could careless if there are fewer fifty foot tall diecast metal Master Chiefs pimping a game with shit single player capabilities. 

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Batman

I just want a FF7 remake.  That's all I ask.

Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Krypton

I cant wait!

mrzeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By mrzeal

I hope the game Darren Waters told us all to hold on for finally sees the light!
Also I want better Wii games ( make that games not that weird ) and more anounces from MS...
I wish!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/07/is_the_mystery_game_revealed.html

Shalom :)

LouChou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LouChou
dillonator said:
"Personally, I don't see why people say it is not like it's former self and mean that in a negative way.  I never went, so I have no personal attachment.  All the old E3 did is provide gamers with all this hype about games with shiny shinies.  And then some of the games would come out as mediocre piles of shit, and consumers would digest them simply on the strength of game magazine hype jobs.

I, personally, was more invigorated with what the guys had to say about E3 and what came out from it.  Personally, as someone who doesn't go to E3, I could careless if there are fewer fifty foot tall diecast metal Master Chiefs pimping a game with shit single player capabilities. 
"
I think saying it's nothing like it was is referential to the fact that not even the developers anymore give a shit about announcing stuff there. It's almost an afterthought for some of them. Like, "Fuck it, we'll just get there and make something up at the time".

Batman said:
"I just want a FF7 remake.  That's all I ask.
"

This would be most good. Most good indeed.

Avatar image for microwavedapple
microwavedapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By microwavedapple

E3 was good, I'm hoping Leipzig will be good too.

Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Locke

Maybe Bungie will show their new game.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Disgaeamad

One of the main things I'm hoping for is more Star Ocean 4 media. The game already looks amazing and we've only seen a handful of stuff.

HipHopHitler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HipHopHitler

Can't remember specifically but there was some talk that Valve might do a sneak peak of Episode 3 (don't quote me on that I may be completely wrong!)

But I'm still waiting for Alan Wake (for some bewildering reason), and some actual footage of Killzone 2 rather than talks about the PS2.

I doubt the Bungie thing will be announced but we'll find out soon enough. There is always the Tokyo Game Show.
Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Locke
HipHopHitler said:
"Can't remember specifically but there was some talk that Valve might do a sneak peak of Episode 3 (don't quote me on that I may be completely wrong!)

But I'm still waiting for Alan Wake (for some bewildering reason), and some actual footage of Killzone 2 rather than talks about the PS2.

I doubt the Bungie thing will be announced but we'll find out soon enough. There is always the Tokyo Game Show.
"
Alan Wake is rumored(?) to show at TGS.
sizu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sizu

I don't think we will see Alan Wake at Leizpeg.  MS recently concentrate on games coming out they year of the event, and we all know that Alan Wake is 2009 (hopefully).  Sony has hinted at stuff kicking off during the TGS.  Time will tell.

HipHopHitler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HipHopHitler
Locke said:
Alan Wake is rumored(?) to show at TGS."
Yeah there was a announcement when Alan Wake didn't show up I think. Although they did say back in April that the media blackout for it would end "soon"
Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Locke
HipHopHitler said:
"Locke said:
Alan Wake is rumored(?) to show at TGS."
Yeah there was a announcement when Alan Wake didn't show up I think. Although they did say back in April that the media blackout for it would end "soon""
Well, that's promising. I can't wait to see more on this game.
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21  Edited By OGCartman

I liked some of the gameplay videos like Fallout 3 but they could of done so much more...

Aurarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aurarian

E3 was a major disappointment to me. Especially Nintendo's conference. Most of the stuff they talked about was stuff we knew about previously. I really liked the new PoP, and the SFIV gameplay. Some of the PSN titles were pretty cool, but not much else. The FFXIII announcement was a huge thing, but that was going to happen eventually. I just hope TGS provides more stuff to drool at.

MforMaverick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MforMaverick

This E3, games wise was pretty good to me. As for the show itself. I felt like E3 lost it's electricity. I remember years past, I use to get so excited about E3. E3 use to be the superbowl of video games. I truly believe that E3 needs to go back to old way. Open to public, and nothing but fun! The ESA needs to realize its the people that make the video game market. If they let us go to show, we can give feed back on games. I may not know the cost of throwing a convention. But I do know that the people are important. I hope they go back to the days of the old E3. Rocking hard, and full of fun!

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By brukaoru

The title of this thread makes it sound like Leipzig will be disappointing as well, lol.

There's still quite a few conventions before the holidays, so we still have time to see some good announcements come out.

Nobility

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nobility

I expect Leipzig to be bigger this year but based on what was seen last year, my hopes isn't up.