Next Endurance Run/ Choose our Own Adventure should be...

Lesca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

King's Quest 2015. Of course everyone including me is looking forward to an eventual Shenmue 2 playthrough, but with the final chapter and a complete collection with all chapters releasing on October 25th, its a great chance for them to play this hilarious game. Assuming they havent already played it, I can't imagine Vinny, Alex or Dan not loving it.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

There are two Quick Looks on the site for King's Quest. One for the first part, one for the second. I'm not sure if they played through all of those chapters, but there is at least some footage on the site for that game already.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely forgot about Choose our Own Adventure. Alex probably caught wind of the Sonic 06 uprising in the voting threads and called the whole thing off.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan actually *not* loving it seems more likely to me, because of how much he seems to dislike the Telltale games. Don't know if he enjoys watching them being played, though.

I'd rather have Brad & Rorie go through the remaining parts at some point, though...hell, I should go through those myself, because I really enjoyed the first one, but stopped mid-way the second one. Brad said something similiar few bombcasts ago, so might be likely that we'll still get a video.

As for suggestions, I think Vinny/Alex usually make a thread for this themselves...but I'll still suggest for them to play a random old pc/consoles game over more modern games.

Kaivyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably would be better if Austin was still there but, I think Vinny would like E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy, it's a more insane/french version of Deus Ex in a Warhammer 40k-ish setting. The game is pretty clunky but I have a really soft spot for it. Or just go full 40K and do Space Marine, which is fantastic.

Vinny seems to like cyberpunk stuff so, Uplink is pretty similar to Hacknet (If I remember right he liked it a lot?), the Shadowrun games, and hell if the GB West guys don't plan on continuing, Snatcher.

I'd love to see La Mulana but that would be impossible for them to do without a guide. Other than that maybe a Resident Vinny series? The main series would be fun, maybe even doing 5 and 6 co-op.

Double secret wish: Tales from the Borderlands/Hatoful Boyfriend

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

2 Crude Dudes

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Y'all be crazy - it HAS to be Shenmue 2.

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see them dig out the first Mafia game...I'm sure it hasn't aged that well graphically and pacing-wise (lots of driving including not so great car chases and an exciting section of hauling crates at the docks), but the controlls (on pc) and the story could probably still hold up.

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dan not loving something of Endurance run length would be pretty terrible, and they shouldn't/wouldn't subject any of the duders to it. a 30-40 minute video is one thing, but 30 hours? No thanks. Wouldn't be fun for Dan or us (me at least) to consume.

Shenmue 2 should be on table, but not the next one. Alex playing Megamans would be a great companion to Vinny Vania.

That new Myst style game would be great for FMVinny, but that's too new probably.

Banjo Kazooie would probably be fun, of do Endurance Runs have to be "RPGS"?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something with no fanbase, please.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit is oddly well suited to Choose Our Own Adventure. It's definitely the prototype for later games like Heavy Rain, but it's soooo much rougher, and wow is the story ever ridiculous.

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My fav GB ER is by far Deadly Premonition and I don't fully understand why. But there are perhaps some clues in:

• (A) Open world story driven survival-ish murder mystery with some freedom.
  • (B) Dual teams, Brad/Ryan "VS" Vinny/Jeff. Interesting to see the differences in approach.
  • (C) Unknown (to me).
  • (D) Surprisingly good and charming, at least if you can look beyond the quirks.

So on paper Shenmue was a pretty good game for an ER. It has (A) and (C) but completely lacks (D).
Chrono Trigger had (A), (C) and (D) and turned out good.

Actually, it doesn't have to be unknown to me.
(B) - having two teams, East VS West would be perfect, but that may be too much too ask for.
It should also be longer than 12h.

So what games would I probably enjoy watching as an ER? Some old adventure games perhaps, Grim Fandango? Syberia?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By MocBucket62

I'd love choose our own adventure to come back, and having Dan in for the commentary would be interesting since he's not really known for being an adventure player.

If I had to pick I'd choose Spongebob Squarepants: Employee of the Month (They'd probably never play it, but I can dream). It was an adventure game based in the world of Spongebob and I remember liking the game as a kid. The series of cutscenes, on the other hand, is a literal nightmare factory.

But a serious answer, probably Shenmue 2 for the next ER and any Phoenix Wright game for Choose Our Own Adventure.

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persoanlly, Shenmue 2. I prefer to see something I missed out on and I can't wait to see how they iterated on the first one. And it has this weird jank about it that lends itself to online humor.

For chose your own adventure, something like Gothic could be incredibly funny to watch. It has weird locations, characters and story beats iirc.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#16  Edited By Slag

I think Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit is oddly well suited to Choose Our Own Adventure. It's definitely the prototype for later games like Heavy Rain, but it's soooo much rougher, and wow is the story ever ridiculous.

That's a really great call. I can see Alex just hating that game (in an enjoyable way)! And they wouldn't be held hostage to it for a Persona-esque amount of time.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 4

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shindig

I still feel like the first hour is the peak David Cage can't return to.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rigas: Dan sitting through gamed he hates was pretty much a staple of game informer's super replay series. I think he can make it work in most cases. Telltale games might break him though.

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Mass Effect 2, Vinny loves it while Alex never played it.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Y'all be crazy - it HAS to be Shenmue 2.

Yup. I need to get in more beef with completely insane fans in the comment section.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OurSin_360

Shenmue 2 then persona 5

Heycalvero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Heycalvero

@shindig: As in the first hour was pretty good? Yes, totally.

I'd love to see new Kerbal missions, although Dan might not be the best substitute for Austin.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By planetfunksquad

I want Dan to play through Persona 4: Golden. I need to know who his best girl is (if he's not feeling Chie, its probably Ai).

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heycalvero: Yup. Some cool as fuck cat and mouse thriller that goes zero to matrix way too quickly.

bluemorning104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want GB West to do the next Endurance Run, and since Jeff's over there they should really do something as dumb and great and Persona 4.

Maybe they'll just end up doing Persona 5, I'd be perfectly fine with that.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Maluvin

@dixavd said:

I agree with one Patrick Klepek from that VICE Gaming malarkey who suggests they force Jeff to play the entirety of Red Dead Redemption as an Endurance Run as punishment for him repeating for years how he dislikes it.

Holy crap that would actually be pretty amazing. Even if he kept thinking that the game was garbage I think there's enough going on in the story that he can always find something to riff on. Since Dan is moving I'm trying to decide who would be a good partner on this front. I could see either Brad or Drew being great. Brad would be great if for no other reason than hearing him laugh at whatever Jeff goes off on and I just get this sense that Drew would probably have some interesting questions or facts to offer about either survival or the setting. Also if he played it to the end I think Jeff could give some really constructive commentary on the story and presentation and how it looks verses the rest of the gaming field this many years out.

On the GBEast side of things I agree with the earlier poster that Mass Effect 2 could be an incredible game for Alex to play through. Nice thing about any of the Mass Effect games is that they have a nice balance of active gameplay to dialog/break for banter with enough variation in choice to be made such that even someone who has played through the entire game before would see things unfold differently. I think both Vinny and Dan could give some good banter in the background.

Edit: also considering the next games in those series are on the horizon I think there would be a lot of interest in either series both within and outside of the exiting subscriber base.

Patchcoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see Vinny play Shadow of Destiny; I think he would really enjoy it. It's a surprisingly fun game that deals with time travel and parallel universes. Plus it's just full of weird shit in general.