Next game to come out that you're most excited for?

• 57 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

Hopefully no one else made this thread; I'm really not sure. Anyways, for me, I think it's Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. It comes out in August, which seems so soon, but that's great. I was first introduced to Deus Ex when I got Invisible War on the original Xbox in 04 I think, but I never beat it; only got out of the Seattle area. My brother bought the original Deus Ex on Steam some years ago, I played it a bit before Human Revolution came out, but only got about 65 percent through and then moved on. I played through Human Revolution multiple times on and off; I love that game. I bought the Director's Cut on the Wii U, but didn't finish it there. I picked it up on Steam with Invisible War late 2014, and with excitement from the news of Mankind Divided, I beat the Director's Cut on Steam, and went through both the first and Invisible War. I loved playing through both the original Deus Ex and Invisible War. Although just playing Human Revolution would have made me want Mankind Divided, I'm really happy to have experienced the entire series (other than The Fall) and it helps me be excited even more. It's hard to believe that Human Revolution came out in 2011. So, what about you?

First time I've seen this footage. Also, I just chose it for the footage. I generally don't care for commentary. Looking at it, it's funny (well, not really, but I think you know what I mean) that the game seems to have to same issues as Human Revolution, which is okay (some great but), not amazing voice work, and the animations aren't entirely impressive.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mach_go_go_go

Unavowed, the next game from Dave Gilbert & Wadjeteye.

Boniti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really excited for deus ex as well, but it doesn't get near my excitement for Persona 5 or Breath of the Wild. Horizon also looks super cool

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOD OF WAR BITCHES

but before that Horizon: Zero Dawn

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#5 fisk0  Moderator

Unavowed, the next game from Dave Gilbert & Wadjeteye.

Damn, I hadn't heard of that one, that sounds like a perfect team-up!

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Very interested in how No Man's Sky turns out. Wouldn't say I'm excited for it though.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

@ericjasonwade: I guess I'm talking about games we know the date of release. God of War doesn't have one I don't think. So your choice is Horizon I suppose.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By MEATBALL

Deus Ex Mankind Divided is definitely the next game to come out that I'm excited for. I thought Human Revolution (which I played through on the 360 when it was released) was pretty damn great and I've come to appreciate it more as time's gone on. I'm really digging the look of Mankind Divided, it's looking like it'll be a great sequel. I might prioritise a playthrough of the Director's Cut WiiU from my backlog in the leadup.

The other games on the way this year that I'm really looking forward to in the order of their release:

• Forza Horizon 3
  • Paper Mario Colour Splash (I loved Sticker Star, I'm sorry :P )
  • The Last Guardian
  • Dishonored 2
  • South Park The Fractured But Whole
  • Gravity Rush 2 (hope it'll get a release date soon - Gamescom?)

Of those it's Dishonored 2 that I'm the most hyped for.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Final Fantasy XV. The game hasn't demo'd especially well, but based on the gameplay trailers, I still have faith in them to deliver. Even at it's worst, the mainline FF series is leagues better than a lot of other RPGs.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no mans sky and yes im still excited for it. horizon looks cool too. i still have faith scalebound may turn out good as well.

JordanaRama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy XV, actually. I've got a good feeling about it, despite the fact it hasn't shown that great. I think it's the sort of game where the contents of the whole will turn into something special. Hopefully.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mount & Blade: Bannerlord!! when that comes out I won't need any other game for at least 3 months

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Forza Horizon 3, Watch Dogs 2, Gears of War 4's Horde Mode, Persona 5, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Yooka Laylee

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing. The industry has made me cynical.

@ntm said:

It's hard to believe that Human Revolution came out in 2011.

It's hard to believe the sequel changed so little five years later. It looks pretty lazy.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Monster Hunter Generations comes out in like two weeks, and it turns out I'm pretty excited about it even though I know exactly what the hell that game is going to be. If we're talking about something a little later in the year, I'm also excited for Tyranny. Pillars of Eternity was my Game of the Year last year, so another RPG from Obsidian sounds pretty great right about now.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Probably No Man's Sky. I just wanna run around and explore that vibrant universe, both on land and in space. Maybe get up to some starfighter shenanigans. I hope there are interesting things that will actually draw you into using the ships for combat.

And beyond just bounty hunting. I'm thinkin factions or events. Something to make the AI-filled areas and encounters not feel so empty and soulless. But I suppose "soul" is one of the big question marks surrounding this thing. Procedural generation and all that.

I'm suring liking everything I've seen about it though.

blackblade500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I am still really stoked for No Man's Sky. FIFA looks pretty cool as well. Deus Ex looks ok. Mafia III looks slick as hell so yeah that is me till the first week of October

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#18  Edited By BeachThunder

Well, Zero Time Dilemma just came out, so Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for me too.

Also, if you're a Deus Ex fan, go on an check out The Fall. At least personally, I was able to keep my expectations in check, and I had a really good time.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAFIA 3

Henny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Henny

@arbitrarywater: I am with you concerning Pillars of Eternity. While I am excited for Tyranny as well, aren't you forgetting a little game called Torment: Tides of Numenera. It will most likely be out first. Obsidian has really improved in the last couple of years. Pillars of Eternity was their most polished and best reviewed product. I went back to it for the White March expansion and I was very happy with the QoL patches they made to the game.

Also, plus one for more Deus Ex. Hope they knock it out of the park.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

@henny said:

@arbitrarywater: I am with you concerning Pillars of Eternity. While I am excited for Tyranny as well, aren't you forgetting a little game called Torment: Tides of Numenera. It will most likely be out first. Obsidian has really improved in the last couple of years. Pillars of Eternity was their most polished and best reviewed product. I went back to it for the White March expansion and I was very happy with the QoL patches they made to the game.

Torment: Tides of Numenera was delayed to Q1 2017 while Tyranny is still supposed to come out this year. I wouldn't be surprised if that got delayed too, it just seems like par for the course as far as RPG release dates are concerned.

I'm still excited about Torment, though I feel like Wasteland 2 has tempered my expectations a little bit. I played a little bit of the alpha because I'm a backer, so I can at least confirm that the first 30 minutes of that game are wordy as hell in true Torment fashion. Not sure if I'll play more or wait for the full release.

Milijango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Milijango

Horizon Zero Dawn, unless NieR arrives first. Yoko Taro and PlatinumGames both have a huge swing factor to them and it's been impressive so far.

As for Mankind Divided, I thought Human Revolution was excellent but I don't really feel the need for more of that, especially seeing as the new one doesn't look like it's doing anything differently. If word of mouth is good enough I'll pick it up, but I'm not sold yet.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deus ex I think is the next game on my list. I can't think of any others out before then. And after that it'll be some good old Civ VI.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I did like what I saw of the new Zelda so I'm carrying faint hope that it might be fun. Other than that there's Persona 5 and maybe, just maybe Mass Effect.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now? Inside's pc-version next week.

Beyond that, Abzû comes out early August, which I'm excited for. Of course I have high hopes for No Man's Sky and Deus Ex as well, but I'm not hyped for either.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Forza Horizon 3 and Civilization 6 are the first ones to come to mind. September-October seems to be pretty well stacked.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Ace Attorney 6, anybody?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No man's sky and gts.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Still waiting to get Inside on PC technically, but No Man's Sky is the next one after that.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nioh and Nier equally. Nioh I already got a taste of and absolutely loved it, Nier looks like Platinum in top form and that always yields good resuts. I'm also very interested in seeing how Platinum does RPG systems and larger environments than they usually do.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions isn't here yet, does that count?

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By bluefish

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for sure, and beyond that Forza Horizon 3 then Horizon: Zero Dawn.

There is smaller stuff for sure, but these are the standouts.

(watching the gameplay for Deus Ex made me worried for various reasons but I'm still holding out hope it will be as good as Human Revolution)

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Persona 5, I'm importing as usual because I don't like to wait and Atlus has a bad record for their releases in Europe.

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 5, I'm not even that big of a jrpg fan, just burned out on other genres

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well there isn't a lot out in the next couple of months I'm interested in solo....

The Nuka World DLC for Fallout 4 in August is the thing I am looking forward to.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NTM

@beachthunder: I have wanted to a few times in the past, but I read that the controls have issues? I can take other aspects, but if the game doesn't even work properly, potentially having to make me look for some kind of fix and implement it, that's not great to me. I definitely want to play it otherwise, because even if it played like poo, I'd want to see the story and characters. I also heard the game loads a lot for small areas, which sounds kind of bad, and makes it hard to be immersed in what could otherwise be a nice setting.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NTM

@bluefish: What made you worried? The only thing that looked negative to me, and it's not that big a deal, is that it looks like more Human Revolution style Deus Ex, just with better visuals (and yet still having some of the same visual issues), and more to what you can do. It's super small, but it looks like there's a melee? As well as a clamber.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to say The Last Guardian, but I'm not buying a PS4 for that and maybe two other games that are exclusives that I want to play. So, none. I wish Sony weren't so anti-PC release.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Unless my laptop can run ReCore, the next game I'm gonna pick up is The Last Guardian. The series of IGN Firsts for that game really restored my faith in that game.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@ntm: I didn't think the load times or controls were that egregious. The game's certainly rough around the edges, but it's definitely not unplayable. Once I got into it, I really got into it.

The main thing that bugged me is that it seems like every single person is sending emails to announce what the combination to a locked door is. Sure, most immersive sims do that sort of thing, but this just takes it to a ridiculous extreme. There has to be something like thirty emails with door codes written in them...

Anyway, it's worth at least giving it a go. I know I had fun with it, so maybe you will too.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelda. I very rarely loose myself to hype.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Kingdom come: Deliverance . This is the same way I'd felt about the Witcher 3 when that was announced. It's gonna be great, mark my words

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm:

It just looked like the same game. And while I really loved Human Revolution it had many awkward edges that needed smoothing out. Things like going to a black screen right before a takedown, rough facial animations etc were all disappointingly present and no real moves forward were noticeable. It also didn't help that the environment showcased was about as bland as you could get.

It's still the game I'm looking forward to in the next few months so I don't mean to shit on it but I'm tempering my expectations pretty hard seeing how little it's changed since it's last entry five years ago. That's a long time for nothing to change... :/

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking forward to so many games that I actually don't know which one is coming out first. Also I'm too lazy to check.

But really, there are quite a few games coming along that seem cool. No Man's Sky, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Pokemon, Zelda, Watch_Dogs 2, Deus Ex, Mass Effect, Gears of War (man, it feels like forever since I've thought about Gears), Persona, Torment, South Park...

Video Games. They're alright.

GStats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Man's Sky and Dragon Quests 7 and 8 on 3DS.

Despite being an absolute JRPG nerd, I've still never played DQ8

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluefish: I liked the setting, my biggest issue was mainly the animations in general, and some of the voice work (which unfortunately seem to be present in this game again, which I think I can again look past as long as it's 'good enough'), and I suppose, though I enjoyed the setting, I didn't love the backtracking to do all the side quests. Many issues I heard about from others was negligible to me. The new one in the video does look a lot like the last, but I'm not seeing it as that much of an issue to be honest. It seems to update it in a few areas. Visually it's upgraded (with some of the issues mentioned), and it has a few new gameplay mechanics. Heck, it's great that now on consoles (or on gamepad in general), you can now hold down left trigger instead of clicking in R3 to aim down the sights, which is such a small thing, but I appreciate it. I think the game has changed enough; improved enough perhaps. It's been five years since the last, so I'm excited to jump back in on a new one. To me, it's not that small a jump from the last.

@beachthunder: Cool, thanks. I think I made a thread relatively recently about it, and had asked if it was something worth getting, so thanks for the answer. Maybe I'll check it out soon.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Strife777  Online

No Man's Sky, but a large part of it is curiosity. I'm thrilled about it as a whole, but I'm doubtful it will live up to the hype. It will be interesting for sure

Deus Ex is the one after that. That one I can't wait. I loved Human Revolution.

July is going to be a long month...