Nintendo Guests on GB?

cuzintheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By cuzintheboss

How come we never see anyone from nintendo come to the E3 night shows? We see a lot big names from the industry come and hang out with the GB crew but never a Nintendo person. It would be awesome to see them interact with the community during the biggest week of gaming.

baracudadk2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

i remember jeff or something talking about it. but in general nintendo is kinda shy with these kind of interviews.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Their Treehouse types, the ones most likely to get invited, are really just people like you and I who happen to be in a bit of an official "I work with Nintendo" position. Also there may be real tight restrictions on what they can say and do when it comes to public as well as private relations. They wouldn't have much to talk about anyway. Who works on Nintendo and speaks English and is allowed to speak?

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Jared from Nintendo was on the green room cam during the first night but I don't think he was actually on the couch at any point.

Firepaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo just doesn't seem to have authority figures that would work in that kind of setting, all the guys who are allowed to speak don't speak anything but Japanese anyway probably.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They should skype in the yarn yoshi etsy producer lady.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They seem to stiff for that kind of thing. It would just be PR speak the whole time.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#8 fisk0  Moderator

I think Jeff has said previously that they've reached out to Nintendo, but they haven't been interested in having anybody of theirs on the show. I'm sure that even if there was someone on the Nintendo staff that wanted to participate, they'd have to clear it with the company first, as many of these companies have policies against appearing in media or representing the company without prior permission.

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@cuzintheboss: Jeff has said in the past that when they reach out to Nintendo they express they aren't interested in that type of appearance.

cuzintheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats really unfortunate.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I want Reggie Fils-Aime, in his suit, on a couch with Dave Lang and Johnny V. Reggie seems to me like the sort of guy who would encourage Johnny and then watch the carnage.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@ghostiet said:

I want Reggie Fils-Aime, in his suit, on a couch with Dave Lang and Johnny V. Reggie seems to me like the sort of guy who would encourage Johnny and then watch the carnage.

And everything would back fire as drunk Johnny tweets Reggie's phone number.

Jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#13 Jeff  Staff

@cuzintheboss: Our Nintendo guest had to cancel this year due to illness.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

They don't do niche stuff like Giant Bomb. I was actually surprised that one time Reggie showed up on that VGA thing that one time, but it's probably because it's a much bigger audience. Low key stuff like what Giant Bomb does isn't really something Nintendo does. Hell, they don't usually even have real E3 press conferences- they're mostly all pre-produced as far as I can recall.

Nintendo is still stuck in old school ways of doing things. Giant Bomb is too unpredictable for the way they like to present themselves.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_ray said:
@ghostiet said:

And everything would back fire as drunk Johnny tweets Reggie's phone number.

CALL. THE NUMBER.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By FLStyle

@ajayraz said:

Jared from Nintendo was on the green room cam during the first night but I don't think he was actually on the couch at any point.

I remember that! But the streams last so long and there's that many guests that I forgot all about him. I imagine Nintendo must have told him not to appear on it and/or there's a company policy against it, there's no way Jared would intentionally not appear if given the chance. Especially when he was there in person.

EDIT: Or he could've been the ill person that Jeff's alluding to.

ToastMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo guested on GiantBomb before. It's just that the circumstances need to be *really* weird and awkward for it to happen.

Loading Video...

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Jeff said in the past that he hates Nintendo and wishes the site didn't have to cover them at all.

Or uh, something like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I was wondering the same thing the other day.

I always figured it was something Nintendo wouldn't be down for.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ripelivejam

@jeff: thats unfortunate, thanks for the clarification!

Id love if somehow, someway, they got miyamoto or iwata on even for a few minutes like with SWERY. I think it may be goofy and interesting and five kinds of adorable. Alas...

Also this reminds me i should get D4, feel like i owe it.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@jeff said:

@cuzintheboss: Our Nintendo guest had to cancel this year due to illness.

That stinks, but it does make me hopeful for next year!

btw all you guys, but especially you, did an amazing job with with the nightly shows this year. Thank you!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somejerk said:

Their Treehouse types, the ones most likely to get invited, are really just people like you and I who happen to be in a bit of an official "I work with Nintendo" position.

That's really not very different from some of the SCEA publishing type people (Adam Boyes, etc.) that they have on. Just because the Nintendo Treehouse employees aren't in the trenches, coding games over in Kyoto, doesn't really have anything to do with whether they'd be interesting guests.