No new releases show?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pyrodactyl

Did they tease and than kill the new wednesday live show or are they just fucking with us?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No Caption Provided

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It is up - for anyone who didn't reaslise.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Kohe321

I hope they cut down on the amount of GS guests in future shows. Why? Because people on GB choose to be on GB to watch the GB crew and their awesome dynamic. This many guests is just too much, some of the classic GB feel and mood was missing in this one as a result. One or two guests at a max would be more appropriate IMO.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

@kohe321 said:

I hope they cut down on the ammount of GS guests in future shows. Why? Because people on GB choose to be on GB to watch the GB crew and their awesome dynamic. This many guests is just too much, some of the classic GB feel and mood was missing in this one as a result. One or two guests at a max would be more appropriate IMO.

This and less games, more time on specific ones, also don't do it all the time, it will loose the appeal like Unprofessional Fridays has for me

Illyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kohe321 said:

I hope they cut down on the ammount of GS guests in future shows. Why? Because people on GB choose to be on GB to watch the GB crew and their awesome dynamic. This many guests is just too much, some of the classic GB feel and mood was missing in this one as a result. One or two guests at a max would be more appropriate IMO.

I understand what you are saying, but I think one of the purposes of this new show is to introduce some of the GS staff to the GB community. I think they hope to have GB viewership spill over to GS. They just need to get used to the GB's staff way of having these live shows and relax a little.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@illyr: Yeah. I hope they don't go too deep down that road and keep the two sites somewhat separate. At least for me, one of the things that make GS magic is the dynamic you get with such a small but tight knit crew. I'm not opposed to them having guests, nor do I have anything against the gamespot staff, but at the end of the day the reason I watch GB videos is to watch the GB crew, with guests taking the guest-role, not co-presenting the whole thing.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Giant Bomb does whatever Giant Bomb fucking wants to do.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My thoughts on the show today:

• It felt very forced, and very repetitive with what happens on unprofessional Fridays but with Gamespot people sometimes playing the games instead.
  • The Gamespot crew tried really, really hard to have WACKY PERSONALITIES when in front of the camera and thats what made people not like them. Chris worked well, but kind of fell flat for the first couple of minutes. The others just never found what worked. The guy who played ME3 was probably the worst out of the bunch.
  • Too many games, and a little too much "I don't give a shit about this game!" It's fun to rag on bad games, but doing the same thing for 11 different bad games gets really old really fast.
  • Was there really a need for two baseball games?
  • The point during the console Naruto game where the Gamespot crew said "fans of the genre" is the point where I threw up my hands and said "fuck everything!"
leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rjayb89 said:

Giant Bomb does whatever Giant Bomb fucking wants to do.

This. I thought the Gamespot guys were fine. They did look uncomfortable, but that may come with time. I like seeing the GB crew interacting with other games journalists.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By nightriff

My thoughts on the show today:

• It felt very forced, and very repetitive with what happens on unprofessional Fridays but with Gamespot people sometimes playing the games instead.
  • The Gamespot crew tried really, really hard to have WACKY PERSONALITIES when in front of the camera and thats what made people not like them. Chris worked well, but kind of fell flat for the first couple of minutes. The others just never found what worked. The guy who played ME3 was probably the worst out of the bunch.
  • Too many games, and a little too much "I don't give a shit about this game!" It's fun to rag on bad games, but doing the same thing for 11 different bad games gets really old really fast.
  • Was there really a need for two baseball games?
  • The point during the console Naruto game where the Gamespot crew said "fans of the genre" is the point where I threw up my hands and said "fuck everything!"

Basically my thoughts, if GS had GB crew more often I might venture there, they are the bigger site and should be trying to spread the word of GB, not the other way around, I think most of us are aware of that site and left for one reason or another

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rjayb89: I'm going to be that guy, and say that GB exist because we give them money to see them play video games.

If a huge amount of people don't like Gamespot, GB should cut them from the show. It sounds entitled and selfish, but the viewers are the only reason GB exist. If fans stop watching, which is plausible, GB goes away, and nobody wants that.

Remember, many people stopped going to Gamespot because they don't like Gamespot. Gamespot is seen by many, including myself, as IGN without the marketing.

Gamespot is too corporate for my taste at least, and while GB is still a business, they all seem like they want to be there which doesn't seem to be the deal with other video game sites.