Non-Bungie Developed Halo Game (not announcement, not wars)

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I originally posted this on the bungie.net forums but really want to hear a response from a more general forum, even those who don't own a 360. 
===========

Since I heard about it, I was opposed to a non Bungie team developing a halo game. I was fine with Ensemble actually as it was quite different and based off the books and how it's essentially Halo: Original Concept, but Wingnut and the rumor of Gearbox making Halo 4 made me want to yell. And then I heard about Spawnpoint studios and their potential Halo game and I thought to myself a couple of things--- absolute milkage of a franchise and -blam!-.

But then it came to me--- Star Wars.

Star Wars is a great set of movies (screw the books now). Anyway, that lore was created among a set of 6 movies. However, it's quite obvious that there is a ton of Star Wars related things.

It's a similar situation with Bungie. They created the lore of the universe. Now exactly, what's so bad about Bungie moving on to make Indiana Jones? Hell, they can always come back and make some more core Halo games.

As long as it works in a similar way, why not? Why not let Gearbox show the Covenant side of things and their homeworld? What's so bad about letting Spawnpoint demonstrate the Forerunner civilization and their problems? Why not let Peter Jackson and Wingnut flesh out the character of masterchief as he become a tough as nails character?

What I'm getting at is that as long as it's done right and basis itself off the original roots properly, why not allow this? Afterall, Bungie did really try hard to create a universe rather than a story (although they obviously do this as well). Why not let it be revealed? Even if Bungie isn't doing it, wouldn't you like to see something along the lines of ODST by another developer?
*** So the question is, ohw do you feel about more non-Bungie developed Halo games?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Because Halo isn't as interesting as Star Wars.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By keyhunter

I've come to believe that the best stuff done for a franchise is done by someone else.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By carlthenimrod

As long as they are quality made products, I don't mind.

But once Halo Party 4 comes out, that is when it will start to hurt the Halo franchise and sales.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Deusoma

I am all for more Halo. I love the universe it's set in, I play the games for the story, not the multiplayer, even though the actual story in the games themselves is fairly minor, the novels and such paint an amazlingly vivid picture of this conflict between aliens and humans.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By CenturionCajun

Halo is far from being over saturated. Three core games in eight years and one spin off doesn't kill things in my mind. If anything Microsoft has been rather controlled in their use of the Halo franchise. They know that Master Chief is their cash cow and arn't going to do anything to jeopardize that. They are going to find the most competent people possible to continue it.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Deusoma said:
"I am all for more Halo. I love the universe it's set in, I play the games for the story, not the multiplayer, even though the actual story in the games themselves is fairly minor, the novels and such paint an amazlingly vivid picture of this conflict between aliens and humans. "
While the actual story is, as you said, somewhat minor, the universe they created in Halo is absolutely huge.  As I've said in the past, halo has a pretty good story.  That being said, it's more like the story from X path.  It's showing the universe but they're not willing to zoom the camera out.  That's actually a good thing and pretty much exactly what star wars did.  It's more like carving a path through the woods to explore it than looking at a satelite image.  They just need tons of paths now.
BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By BlackWaterCO
Arkthemaniac said:
"Because Halo isn't as interesting as Star Wars."

I disagree...ALOT

A loof :-D

:>