Non YouTube Videos? (getting sick of seeing ads)

chazzi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chazzi27

Hey...

I noticed recently that all the videos default to a YouTube version and with those comes the embedded ads. Is there any way to change that? I have searched all over the new UI but there is no option to go with a native player or any other way that I can tell that would disable the YouTube ads.

I'm on Chrome if that matters, but the only way I can see to avoid seeing advertisements is if I download the video prior to watching it, which seems absurd, so I'm guessing I'm just missing the easy fix to this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if I am mistaken and that is just the way things are now, I'd really love to hear WHY that is. As a Premium subscriber it really sucks that a video may have 5 or more commercials breaking up the video (as is the case for the newest Ranking of Fighters), when I pay to avoid ads entirely.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

On desktop there should be a little white circle with 3 dots inside it at the bottom center of the YouTube player that will give you the option of returning to the GB player. Once you switch over once it'll save that preference and default to the GB player.

chazzi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By chazzi27

I knew it had to be something stupid that I was missing. It switched over to YouTube last week at some point and it was only after this week's RoF the ads broke me lol. With the new UI I for some reason couldn't find those dots before (they were literally on top of the video in Chrome, but using Safari they were under the frame of the video)

Thank you good sir.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

This was starting to bug me as well. Thanks to the both of you for making the thread and providing the solution. :-D