Not sequels you want, but sequels you NEED!

• 138 results
vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By vampire_chibi

Which games do you NEED a sequel for? please list the current games you have.

Overlord II -> Overlord 3

Overlord 2 came out in 2009, it's been 5(almost 6) years since the last main installment, i've gone back and replayed the first Overlord game and steadily going through the second one. I think i've played through the first one a dozen times and the second one atleast half a dozen so far.

Evil Genius -> Evil Genius 2

10 YEARS! it has been 10 years since Evil Genius saw the daylight and it still holds up, both gameplay wise and the cartoony art style is timeless on it's own. I don't endorse the facebook game that Rebellion is making with this great IP, makes me feel dirty just thinking about it.

Something like an skirmish/infinite mode and a real level editor would be amazing for this game and open up the game for modding aswell.

Fantasy General -> Fantasy General 2

I went back and used a DOSbox to play this game again and man.. it doesn't really hold up. I spent countless hours playing this game. I think the biggest thing holding me back from having a great experience with it today, is the mouse likes to jump all over the place and the UI is just not as streamlined as i've gotten used to with modern games.

Gangsters 2 -> Gangsters 3

i might be in the tiny minority when it comes to Gangsters 2, i loved it, i never got any of the multiplayer to work, but that was fine i had plenty of fun doing the missions over and over and.. well you get the point. I would do some of the later mission where you would have to kill off the other gangster in town to find, some of the missions you could rush over to their main building and just run inside, forcing everyone inside to come out, whilst you do this you can plant explosives right infront of the door and blow everyone up and WIN!

i think this might be one of those games that like Fantasy General just won't ever get a sequel. but i can still have my wishes.

The Battle for Middle-earth II - The Rise of the Witch-King -> The Battle for Middle-earth 3

i played the original Battle for Middle-earth in a pc cafe, when i came home i saw that there was a sequel out, i instantly bought it and the expansion, i love the first Battle for Middle-earth and i loved the sequel even more. I've since then found a bunch of mods for the game and played with them on ever since. It's been 8 years now and as far as know EA holds the right to this IP, but EA lost the rights to The Lord of the Rings franchise in 2009 if i recall correctly, this means that the IP for Battle for Middle-earth is in EA's possession, but the rights to make The Lord of the Rings games is in WB Games possession, so even if EA wanted to make a new game in this sub-franchise they would need WB Games approval, which i'm not too sure they want to give out, now when they're having such a big success with the The Lord of the Rings franchise.

Star Wars: Empire at War - Forces of Corruption -> Star Wars: Empire at War 2

this and The Battle for Middle-earth II both hold up well, they both are great RTS games, which might be why they aren't being resurrected these days. It's not like we don't see attempts by companies to make RTS games, i just don't find them to have as solid a foundation as either The Lord of the Rings or the Star Wars franchise. With the recent purchase by Disney of Lucas Arts, i'm not sure where this series will go, it might magically appear online one day or we might never hear from it again, either way i'll always have the original game to play whenever i want to.

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Firestorm -> Tiberian Sun 2

There are people that have Star Wars or Lord of the Rings as THE franchise they have a strong emotional connection to, for me it's the tiberium universe, specifically the version of it in Tiberian Sun. Unlike the later installments in the series, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, which has altered it's universe to resemble ours more, which might or might not have been to sell more, i'm not saying Tiberium Wars is a bad game, far from it, it's a pretty good RTS game for what it is, not the same can be said about it's expansion Kane's Wrath, the only reason i don't just uninstall the expansion and play the core game is that the expansion has patches that the core game has not and game tweaks that are good but the new factions and the new MEGA units are just not my cup of tea.

We don't talk about Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight...

Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances is neither what i want to see from this franchise.

Tiberian Sun had a great sci-fi setting, a great cast and an atmosphere to back it all up, when you played the mission, you could just as well be killed my some random creature hidding in the tiberium field or a floating jellyfish, the flora and fauna where all mutated and infected by the tiberium, i'm not sure i can describe the game good enough to justify it. EA has done some good, they have released the older Command & Conquer games including Tiberian Sun as freeware! This means you can go online, download the game and play it right now for free!

I think there are fans that can achieve that version of the tiberium universe that i fancy so much, i don't think EA ever will see the light at this point and realize why those old Westwood Studios games were so god damn great.

i have a few more, but i think this is a good list for now, what are yours?

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I know there's a lot of eye rolling at this point about this but I really really need to see this story continue.

Half Life 2 -> Half Life 3

Even if it's just a new 2-3 hour episode. I am still very interested in the plot of that world and they left it on such a cliffhanger. I don't need it to reshape FPS mechanics or anything like that and I'm not expecting it to garner the same reception as HL2 but I'm still very interested to see where that story could go.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conker's Bad Fur Day 2, and Jak 4. Neither of these will ever happen. Jak 4 might, but I doubt it, and it would only count if it was made by Naughty Dog.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By noboners

Shenmue 3

Pilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been wanting a sequel to War of the Monsters ever since it came out. I think it would work wonderfully on this gen of consoles, imagine the destructible cities.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Not just me, but humanity as a whole needs another Darkstalkers sequel.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

A sequel to Rumble Roses XX. I legitimately loved that game. :(

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodapop7: with the last valve game being DOTA 2, unless they make something new again, we would have to assume that the new half-life would come in an year or two. I'm not sure if it would run on the source engine tho, they might be working on a new super engine again.

@supermonkey122: yeah, the last installments in both of those franchises was over 10 years ago, it would be a long shot today, but you can always hope right?

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vampire_chibi: Oh yeah I completely agree. I was just trying to emphasize that I don't even care what it looks like, just give me the game haha.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ezekiel

Other than the obvious Half-Life 3, I need a sequel to Alien: Isolation. There's so much that could be improved and expanded.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#11  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Suikoden VI, or at least another Eater Margin-indpired big ass JRPG where I can spend all the livelong day recruiting people, building a base, and crushing people in some good old fashioned turn based combat. It doesn't need to be flashy, it just needs to happen!

Weirdly enough, Peace Walker is probably the closest we've come to scratching my itch.

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pilgore: it reminds me of Godzilla: Save the Earth i liked that game alot, i don't think it had online multiplayer at the time, it would be fun to play on the pc.

@babychoochoo: unless it's the wrong one i found, there was one last year Darkstalkers Resurrection

@demoskinos: that could still happen, they released the first on PS2 and then on the next generation after that, they could be working on a new one for this generation, who knows there might be another Japanese wrestling game in the making right now.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

Darksiders III

Me.Want.Now!

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A modern Skies of Arcadia would be nice, as long as they don't mess up the song. idgaf about Valkyria stuff stop wasting time with that and get back to your one good game.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zefpunk

MediEvil and Jet Set Radio and I'll die happy.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Sorry, but if Triumph not working on another sequel to Overlord means they can keep making Age of Wonders games I am more than happy to make that trade. Because Age of Wonders is awesome.

I'd really like another traditional Rare collectathon platformer or a sequel to Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. Neither will ever happen. Also an alternate timeline where Troika never went out of business and made some sort of D&D game using the Temple of Elemental Evil engine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Psychonauts > Psychonauts 2

Seriously one of my favorite games. I would love to see this world revisited and expanded. Come on Notch, you can spare $30 million.

Half-Life 2 > Half-Life 3

Enough said.

Beyond Good and Evil > Beyond Good and Evil 2

The leaks look pretty cool, but who knows if this will ever happen. The original is such an original and fun adventure.

NOLF 2 > NOLF 3

We are missing good comedic games today. The return of NOLF would be great.

Time Splitters 3 > Time Splitters 4

More great (with a large grain of salt) comedy games like this. My brothers and I love this series! We know they're bad, but they are just good, stupid fun. Monkeys! So many monkeys! It's not like Crytek has been making other games that are worth a crap these days. Might as well reboot this!

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodapop7: hehe, but what if you got the story only? would you settle for that? if they released it in a book or something would you read that?

@ezekiel: i haven't gotten past the first half hour of that game yet, but where would you like it take place next? anywhere that's more favorable that other places?

@sparky_buzzsaw: There's a manga of the 5th game and the 3rd, now i don't know if that continues the story or just captures the game in manga format. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker?

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Half Life 3, Banjo Kazooie 3, and.........wait for it......

Super Mario Sunshine 2.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really want rogue galaxy 2,because rogue galaxy is imo the best JRPG ever and also one of the best games ever.forget a dark cloud 3,give me rogue galaxy 2.

Warren2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 3

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Half Life 3

A proper RPG sequel for Front Mission , so sad that Squenix wasted their money on an action game that was bs during last gen.

Xenosaga with how 3 ended there are still some mysteries in the universe of that game franchise.

Dishonored , or rather a similiar game with that art style and world.

Rage ... how that ends it was just bad bad bad :(

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knights of the Old Republic III

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@vampire_chibi: Peace Walker had some surprisingly fun recruitment and base building elements. Hey, now I want a MGS JRPG. Ooooh.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vampire_chibi: That is an interesting question but I do think part of the "story" for me was immersing myself in that world and exploring that I can't do as well with a book. If it was flat out said that the game would never be made ever then I would probably take a book just to get some closure though.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BonOrbitz

Red Steel 3. Just when great sword and gun controls were nailed on the Wii, RS2 doesn't sell and couldn't shake off being on the coattails of the first game and a whole lotta shovelware for the system. The upgradable move sets and abilities were fun and the art style was well-implemented and could only get better on the Wii U. Sure, the world and story were generic and boring after a while, but the action and controls overcame those things and made the game a hell of a lot of fun to play.

RS2 was the game that proved an amazing lightsaber game can finally be created for motion controls. Out of all the games I'd love a sequel for, this is the sequel I need.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ape Escape 4. I haven't caught a monkey in so long...

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Command and Conquer 5, in the vein of 3.

Mercenaries 3. But Pandemic shut down.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't think of any I NEED.

I wish Evolution Studios worked on something more unique then fucking Drive Club. Motorstorm, while not always amazing, was at least pretty interesting for every game. I wish they could have done another Motor storm or at least not a boring sim racer.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Enns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon's Dogma has all sorts of problems but man is the combat in that game supreme. The way you can customize skills and traits to build your perfect Mystic Knight or Assassin made it all the more satisfying. All they need is to touch up the world design and have player managing status/health not involving a menu screen. It's one of the few games I can play with all UI off which is really fun, just sucks having to pause all the time to deal with a status effect or add oil to my lantern. I always hope there will be news at any sort of press event and nothing. Every now and then I google and find fake news about Dragon's Dogma 2 which makes it more painful. Finding out Deep Down is a free to play game broke my heart yo, the nail in the coffin is seeing it's blandly generated "levels" with an assassin's creed simulation story premise.

EricFine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see a new Zone of the Enders.
Z.O.3?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Legacy of Kain. The industry needs to remember how to craft an amazing story with incredible characters.

So what I mean is, a brand new Amy Hennig game (that we'll luckily get!)

Oh, and a proper Streets of Rage.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warcraft 4

I mean other games have tried the heroes in strategy game thing but nowhere is it as fluid and smart as in W3. I don't mind Wow, its a good game but if its presence implies we will not get a new Warcraft game(due to story intersection issues, or some other shit like that) then Wow is the worst thing ever to happen to video games.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

Star Wars Republic Commando 2.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ezekiel
@vampire_chibi said:

@ezekiel: i haven't gotten past the first half hour of that game yet, but where would you like it take place next? anywhere that's more favorable that other places?

I'd like it to take place partly on a spaceship and partly on a planet that it lands on. Maybe in a research installation on the planet.

I want there to be less of the alien(s) and more problem solving and exploration. It should feel like the movie. You might not see the alien(s) for a long time but you know they're somewhere, searching and maybe killing. If they're nearly always present, they're not scary. Wanting more is a better feeling than having too much. In place of an alien or aliens, I'd like to see improved android gameplay. I want them to tear off vent covers, punch dents in doors, crawl towards me with distorted voices even after I melt their faces and blow off their limbs, hurt me in lots of different ways, throw me and generally be creepy.

I want more moments in which I'm trapped with the alien(s) and I want them to be more persistent. A lot of the time, you can just wait until they leave, which takes the tension out of it. There is a slow scene in the last moments of Alien where the alien is lying on its side as strobe lights illuminate it. So they're not always moving. They can wait for you. They should also be able to quietly sneak and hide like in the movie. The loud stomping is overdone. But I think it's too late to remove the stomping, so I want to see different stages of the alien(s). At first it would be small and stealthy like in the movie and later it would be huge like in Isolation. The alien(s) should also knock over objects, like furniture. I also want a denser, smaller environment in which the alien(s) can move more realistically. If you look at the maps in Isolation, you can see that there is a lot of unexplainable wasted space between the rooms. I want the map to be logical.

Far fewer grenade crafting materials and ammo. The Nightmare difficulty update that was released a few days ago is a step in the right direction. I want to craft things other than weapons. Single use tools that can be used to interact with the environments. I also want to be able to throw things in the environments to distract instead of having to craft noisemakers. Speaking of the Nightmare difficulty, I don't appreciate that there is no way to know how badly the protagonist is hurt. I think she should moan and whimper. Maybe move slower.

Fewer lockers to hide in and improved sight for the alien(s).

I want to be able to eliminate noise by walking slowly. You can actually walk through most of the game, but I still find crouching kind of lame, unless it's to access or hide behind something. Ellen Ripley didn't crouch in Alien.

Better writing that's more consistent with the movie. That means almost no F-bombs.

Fewer scripted moments that take control from the player. They're not scary. I'd like it if I could look around even as an alien was killing me.

If there are going to be more long, slow walking sessions in the spacesuit, they should be more interactive and you should be able to fail them. I find them tedious.

I want new types of aliens as well as the classic humanoids. I heard a cat in Isolation. The facehuggers could impregnate pets and morph into animal-like aliens.

Improved animations for everything. The protagonist should turn her feet as she is rotating. When you look down, you can see that she is turning without moving her legs.

They need to improve the sound. When you walk in certain ways, you can't hear your footsteps.

If the revolver is going to come back, there needs to be a way to load rounds into the cylinder without first removing the unused rounds. I haven't figured out when she removes the rounds and when she leaves them in. I'd like if you could open the cylinder just to check how many rounds you have.

I want to be able to get off computers instantly.

I want either fewer humans in the world or a companion who disappears for hours at a time and reappears (and who is good at hiding). Just because it's absurd that Amanda Ripley is asked to do almost everything alone. If there are going to be a fair number of humans, I want to be able to trade supplies and crafting materials with some of them, after I approach them unarmed. Maybe this companion could be a boy. Aliens already had a girl.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Wolf Among Us

Surly_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few I haven't seen mentioned already which, imho, desperately need sequels.

• Psychonauts
  • The Operative: No One Lives Forever
  • Red Dead _____
  • Vampire: The Masquerade (guilty pleasure of mine)
  • Witcher 4 (because I can be greedy)
Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bloodgraiv3 said:

Star Wars Republic Commando 2.

If you just want a continuation of that story you could read the books

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frog fractions 3

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#41  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Pokemon Snap 2. I need it.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• A Firaxis developed Jagged Alliance 3, after new XCOM I need it.
  • No One Lives Forever 3
  • Arcanum Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura 2, let the inExile guys do it or Obsidian
  • Alien Swarm 2, the first one is my Left for Dead
  • A real Master of Orion 3
  • Rage 2

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on the 5 seconds of X-Wings and TIE Fighters seen in the new Star Wars trailer, I'd love a X-Wing 2 or TIE Fighter 2.

Speaking of space sims, how about a Freespace 3?

Final Fantasy Tactics (Whatever number or faux latin name Square wants to put in here.) that plays like the Playstation version. I dumped hundreds of hours into FFT and Tactics Ogre, but couldn't get more than a handful of hours into the GBA version.

Metroidvania The Waltz Improvised In Unison. I played the crap out of Metroid and the DS Castlevanias, but those types of games seemed to die out in the mid-2000's.

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By IAmNotBatman

FF7 2

I hate that need it.

allprox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#45  Edited By allprox

Klonoa 3 muthafucker!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheHT

Jedi Knight 4

Alan Wake 2

Dragon's Dogma 2

Dissidia 3

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the new movie coming out, I feel like anyone that tackled Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis 2 would make a ton of money. I want a legit sequel though. I tried that Jurassic Park builder game on iOS and it wasn't what I wanted.

wsninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wild Arms 6!

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#49  Edited By psykhophear

@vampire_chibi I absolutely agree with Evil Genius 2, Gangsters 3 and Tiberian Sun 2. The originals were fantastic.

Here's my top ten list:

• The Suffering 3 - I'm a big fan of the Suffering series and the conclusion to pt 2 left a bad taste in my mouth as it felt inconclusive. I want more Torque action!
  • System Shock 3 - The story of SHODAN is far from over. I demand a third instalment right now!
  • Dungeon Keeper 3 - Dungeon Keeper Mobile does not count...
  • God Hand 2 - Capcom is known for making lots of sequels so it leaves me wondering why they still haven't made a sequel to this forgotten gem on the PlayStation 2. Probably it has something to do with Shinji Mikami leaving Capcom but whatever the case is, I want a sequel!
  • Killer7 II - One of my favourite Gamecube games by Suda 51 deserves a continuation. This could be a great addition to the Wii U library.
  • Army Men III - After Army Men II, the series went way downfall thanks to the idiotic marketing ploy by Trip Hawkins and the douchebags at 3DO. None of the games afterward came close to Army Men II in terms of replay value or even proper playability. I'm still waiting for some new Army Men goodness that looks AND plays well.
  • Final Fight 4 - Final Fight: Streetwise was a crap of a mess that didn't have any redeeming qualities like the original. Capcom should stop milking the Resident Evil series and instead, be focusing on treating these other franchises with love and care as well.
  • Condemned 3 - Condemned 2: Bloodshot had its flaws but I loved it more than its predecessor. Unfortunately, due to poor sales, Monolith said a sequel won't likely be happening in the near future. Damn...
  • Geist 2 - Another great gem on the Gamecube that I loved very much. This is one of the first-party games that Nintendo should bring back for the Wii U.
  • Gun II - The original was not a perfect game but I had tons of fun playing it years ago. The story continuation of protagonist Colton White would look great on next gen consoles. Here's hoping...
Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Fear Effect was brought back. There was suppose to a third game for PS2 but the game got cancelled. The studio that made the games was shut downed. I'm not sure if Square Enix owns the rights since it use to belong to Eidos.

Another Zone of Enders game would be nice.