Not sequels you want, but sequels you NEED!

• 138 results
jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

I wish it were possible for there to be another Amped game. Amped 3 holds such a special place in my heart. One of the fucking weirdest stories in a game ever.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#52 fisk0  Moderator

Descent is my absolute top pick. I absolutely love the atmosphere, sound design, music and gameplay in those games.

I also second Tiberian Sun. That was a fantastic game, and while popular opinion seems to be that the Red Alert games were better, I never enjoyed the Red Alert series as much as the original Tiberium games.

Colony Wars. Just ... What the fuck, Sony, what are you doing? They have a fantastic space combat IP in their hands (not quite Wing Commander or Freespace, but it's up there), the genre seems to be making a comeback and they can't even be bothered with making the original PS1 games available on PSN. If they don't make a new one of those for Morpheus, they've seriously fucked up.

BioWare should also get around to release that sequel to Shattered Steel, which remains their best game.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Playboy: The Mansion....no seriously

That was sort of fun to have a business sim where you put a magazine together by hiring staff, ordering articles, and throwing parties to lure celebrities to be interviewed. It was a neat game that didn't need the naked women part.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

- Final Fantasy VII-2. This series never really got the ending it deserved, and DoC ended on a cliffhanger.
- Banjo Kazooie 4. I don't think this is entirely impossible to be honest.
- Xenoblade II. The ending was just so underwhelming. I'm not entirely convinced X will have nothing to do with 1 though, so we'll see.
- The Elder Scrolls VI. I NEED a new Elder Scrolls right now. Open world games have been total garbage lately and Bethesda is just about the only developer that can do them right.
- Physconauts 2.
- Conker's Bad Fur Day 2.
- Lots more.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am not sure I want this sequel because I have very little faith in Square. But from a nostalgia perspective I would love to play FF VIII-2

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#56 sgtsphynx  Moderator

Darksiders 3 and Vagrant Story 2. I'd be happy with those.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twisted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Max Payne 4 - Loved all of these games, I thought Rockstar did a great job with MP3 and I can't wait to play another one. In the meantime, I'll probably finally get around to that second playthrough of MP3 that I've wanted to do for ages now.

Mafia 3 would be awesome. I thought Mafia 2 was great but would like to see one where the publisher keeps their grubby hands off it.

I'm also going to say that I really NEED to play GTA 5. I've loved every game in the series, I'm a lifelong GTA fan and I'm waiting for the PC version of 5. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full Spectrum Warrior 3. I really liked the squad based tactical games which were everywhere around the end of the PS2/start of the 360 era. Just give me PW style base building and recruitment on top of FSW's gameplay, and I will be a very happy man.

UncleBenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wasn't there some rumors about a possible Sleeping Dogs sequel? Well if it's not I'd like there to be a rumor, let's call it Sleepy Dogs.

Then the third episode can be called Sleepiest Dogs, it'll be Vinny and Matthew Rorie's favorite game.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By RonGalaxy

If half life 3 were to get announced, I'd do everything in my power to build a high end PC just for it. That's probably, at minimum, 800 to 1000 dollars. And one game would make me do it. People can say "too little, too late" or whatever when it comes to half life 3, but I don't give a flying fuck. I want to see that game come out, and I don't even care if it doesn't live up to any pre conceived notion of hype. Honestly, it could do little to iterate on the current half life formula and I wouldn't care. I just want to see that world/story/characters get the ending it deserves. Valve can take as long as it wants, as long as they get it right.

In the meantime, I devote very little thought to half life 3,as there are other cool things/games to focus on. That series does hold a special place in my heart, but you can't go crazy thinking about if/when it will be released

eladren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've said it before and i'll say it again, "Age of Empires IV: The Great War" a new AoE set in world war I would be amazing

I' d really like a Swat sequel, maybe "rainbow six siege" will scratch that itch.

i would also love to know what the next entry in xcom will look like, i can wait for that one though.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ace Combat and Jet Set Radio would be nice actually , but there is a lot that I want that were already mention.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By monetarydread

@iamnotbatman: Advent Children (DVD), Dirge of Cerberus (PS2), Crisis Core (PSP)

Square has made three sequels to FF VII and they were all mostly garbage, except for Crisis Core because that game is kina decent. Would you really want Square to make another FF VII sequel?

My vote for a game I NEED right now would be a new Bethesda open world RPG. I don't care about whether its Fallout or Elder Scrolls, I just want to have another world to explore for 600+ hours.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Legacy of Kain. The industry needs to remember how to craft an amazing story with incredible characters.

So what I mean is, a brand new Amy Hennig game (that we'll luckily get!)

Oh, and a proper Streets of Rage.

Man, a conclusion for the Legacy of Kain series would be so amazing. It's such a colossal bummer that it never came to be. Now they're apparently rebooting the entire series and that just bums me out anymore.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#66 fisk0  Moderator

@Levius said:

Full Spectrum Warrior 3. I really liked the squad based tactical games which were everywhere around the end of the PS2/start of the 360 era. Just give me PW style base building and recruitment on top of FSW's gameplay, and I will be a very happy man.

Yeah, the Full Spectrum Warrior games were really interesting, I'd love to see someone trying that kind of thing again.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Fallout 4.

DJMoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamefreak9: Man I played the crap out of warcraft 3. MMOs have never been my thing so more WoW isn't really something I'm interested in. I loved the hero system in these games! Plus the campaign was actually really interesting with some neat characters.

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By Ozzie

The one I want the most is Half Life 3 but that is going to come eventually. So for a sequel that I need but prob won't ever see... gotta go XIII. I want an ending to that cliff hanger damn it!!

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I need Bully 2 in my life.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Levius: I loved the first one, but the reviews of Ten Hammers scared me off from buying the second game.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd play another short $40 Syndicate game.

bakumatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Gangsters 3, KOTOR III, Ghost Master 2, Jade Empire 2, Warcraft 4, Red Dead Redemption 2, Bully 2, Jedi Knight 4, Fallout 4. Will update if I remember another one.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: To be fair, all I can remember of Ten Hammers is that you can split your squad into two teams, and disappointing reviews. Still I think the idea is sound, and I would love another modern military game which wasn't Call of Duty.

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By vampire_chibi

@straightgrizzly: i played the demo of MediEvil back on the PS1, that was a looong time ago, funny that i even remember it now.

@wewantsthering: he did fund Age of Wonders III, send him a mail and see if your charm gets to him. TimeSplitters Rewind might interest you.

@ArbitraryWater: i do enjoy Age of Wonders III, i hope once their done with that they might return to The Overlord series, i don't think they own the ip tho, that leaves the fate of Overlord to codemasters which mostly do racing games these days, sadly.

@Aetheldod: are we talking about the 2011 game called Rage? i only played a hour of that game. i like the gameplay and world in Dishonored, the story had potential but after a few hours ended up being really boring, i wonder if that game would benefit from having an Assassin's Creed styled open world.

@EternalVigil: how did you like the MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic? i can't get into MMOs.

@BonOrbitz: what if you got those controls in a lightsaber-based game?

@Rejizzle: have you tried Ape Escape Move?

@Capum15: i had plenty of fun blowing shit up in Mercenaries 2, if i remember correctly, i think the money was always short for me and i can't remember if you could blow up city buildings. I know that i had great hopes for the coop and got one of my friends to get it so we could play together, only to then discover that there was a limit to how far we could get away from each other and that limit was very short, that pretty much ended all my interests for playing that game cooperatively.

@SSully: i've noticed that we don't see alot of non-simulation car games anymore.

@MeatSim: the last Dragon's Dogma game came out last year, they properly working on something for this gen of consoles as that franchise did well last time around. Have you tried modding Evil Genius? have you tried TimeSplitters Rewind?

@Enns: you're talking about Dragon's Dogma Quest right?

@EricFine: there's a Zone of the Enders HD Collection , i don't know if it's any good, but there is an anime of it too.

@csl316: i was so young last time around i messed with a Legacy of Kain game, the only thing i remember was horrible platforming, i'm really not into platforming. she's apparently working on a new star wars game.

@gamefreak9: after Overwatch maybe or before, who knows when Blizzard gets around to it. alot of games that do heros, usually have them as an optional thing, where their impact isn't as present as the warcraft series. yeah i wonder how the story would work with WOW out there.

@Bloodgraiv3: man.. man. i totally forgot about that game, that was something else, unexpected and yet so enjoyable. i think that was one of the few games that did first person squad stuff right. eh? there was a mobile spinoff.. ew.

@Ezekiel: would you want that universe made like Alien: Isolation, but without the alien? so it would then only be a narrative/immersive experience. shouldn't the alien be able to smell anyone nearby aswell? i think the lack of the word "fuck" is mainly the result of the timeperiod of when the first Alien movie game out and not a choice that was made for other reasons. the revolver thing makes alot of sense, like in real-life you can remove your magazine to see how many rounds you have in, i think this just hasn't gotten into games the way we want it to yet.

@goonage: will be playing that when i finish The walking dead season 2, but first i have to start playing season 2. how do you like the other telltale adventure games?

@Shadows_Engage: Vampire: The Masquerade is my backlog, like so many other games.

@TheManWithNoPlan: you've been waiting a loooong time.

@MeMonk: a new game was released recently, people don't seem to like it. you might like Divinity: Original Sin.

@Zelyre: have you tried Shadow Complex for the xbox 360?

@brandondryrock: it looks like a Jurassic park styled simcity game, i think there would be alot of people that would buy it if it was made.

@wsninja: like so many japanise games, this one had an anime too.

@Psykhophear: i have System Shock 2 on it's original CD, i don't think i ever got it to work tho. have you heard of War for the Overworld? it's currently in beta, they've made alot of progress, i would say that they do change alot now and then, you might want to wait until it's fully released, but it defiantly has the potential to be amazing when complete. "Killer7 follows Harman Smith, a wheelchair-bound assassin" lol, what? Gun reminds me of Red Dead Redemption.

@Zleunamme: yeah alot of the time, even if you wanted to bring something back you'll need the rights for it, which makes me kinda thing that developers would rather make a new ip instead of getting the rights, unless it's something ridiculously big like Star Wars or Call of Duty.

@fisk0: i guess the reason why Red Alert is more popular is that it's the classic word war 2 setup and it's not sci-fi, i know some people that like Red Alert but won't touch Tiberian sun because it's sci-fi.

@MonkeyKing1969: this is basically the sims meets second life.

@Steadying: have you tried the new Dragon Age: Inquisition?

@Twisted: one of my biggest problems with the console version of GTA 5 was the incredibly slow loading times, it could literally take 10min to load the game, guess GTA4 isn't much better at that, hopefully the pc port of GTA5 will be better than GTA4's.

@UncleBenny: lel good one.

@RonGalaxy: yeah, best not to get your expectations too high, or you'll end up getting disappointed.

@Eladren: as i've played the newest XCOM and it's expansion i don't think i would want anyone else than Firaxis making another one, they're just too good at that turn-based thing.

@ShadowSwordmaster: have you tried the free to play Ace Combat Infinity game?

@MonetaryDread: the next one is properly a new Fallout game, i think i would want obsidian to make it, i enjoyed the story in New Vegas more than i did Fallout 3, but Fallout 3 will always be special to me in someway.

EDIT: i wonder why the usernames aren't being linkified, oh well.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#76  Edited By SubwayD

Freedom Fighters 2 - Not going to happen. EA won't revive it and IO-Iinteractive are in deep with Square-Enix now. Could imagine a sequel set on a nationwide scale. It'd be amazing.

New Little Tail Bronx - Love Tail Concerto and Solatorobo.The developers have shown interest in making a new game, but the last of the series was a Japan only mobile phone game... which sucks.

Condemned 3 / Blood 3 / NOLF 3 / Shogo 2 / Claw 2 - Any Monolith game that was meant to get a sequel, but didn't. Not going to happen with the rights are scattered to the winds and WB locking them in the Lord of the Rings dungeon forever after. If new games were going to happen, I'd want them to be made by Lith and not some fan team from goodness knows where. I could see a new NOLF, but it'd be Rise of the Triad all over again.

SWAT 5 - Won't happen. Then again, with Activision pushing the Sierra name again, maybe there's a chance? Even if it was going to be made, I doubt it'd have the same amount of care put into it that Irrational did. Would probably be handed off to some the Takedown: Red Sabre devs, knowing our luck.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodapop7 said:

I know there's a lot of eye rolling at this point about this but I really really need to see this story continue.

Half Life 2 -> Half Life 3

Even if it's just a new 2-3 hour episode. I am still very interested in the plot of that world and they left it on such a cliffhanger. I don't need it to reshape FPS mechanics or anything like that and I'm not expecting it to garner the same reception as HL2 but I'm still very interested to see where that story could go.

I'm so with you on that, I know whenever people bring that up it turns into some sort of "but they'll never meet expectations" argument, but I don't want a grand leap forward in design, I just really cared about the world and the characters, even if they don't evolve that world much, I would just like a nice emotional ending to it. Sure they limit themselves somewhat with a mute Gordon, but Alyx and Barney and the science dude sure do make up for it.
I imagine this is how Twin Peaks people felt for all those years, you just want a nice little bow on the story but year after year that drifts further away.

Anyways, I want a sequel to Disaster Report and Raw Danger, I love disaster games but no one makes them, its crazy to me, running away from falling builds or trying to survive a water flow or crumbling city while dealing with survival skills and survivors is really fun to me but is hardly a genre. You had SOS on the snes where you were on the sinking ship, then basically skip to the PS2 era and you get Disaster Report and Raw Danger, then Japan got an exclusive PSP game. Then some EU studio did a disaster game for the Wii which never showed face here. Then Hydrophobia happened but was mostly shooting dudes and kind lame.
That is pretty much every disaster game ever. Somebody give me some more, anybody, disaster movies make bamillions of dollars, hell The Rock has one coming out, why aren't people capitalizing more on this for video games?

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zelyre: have you tried Shadow Complex for the xbox 360?

I did, and strangely it wasn't my cup of tea. Maybe it was because it was on a console and not a handheld, or maybe it was the setting/graphics, or maybe it was the lack of the Nintendo d-pad, but I just couldn't get into it. I'm a strange old man like that.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ShaggE

Blood 3. It has to happen! It HAS to!

The Neverhood 2 (3?). Armikrog looks to be amazing and all, and I'm still ever-so-happy that it exists, but I'd give Doug TenNapel's left leg for the return of Klaymen.

One I know will never, ever happen, but holy shit what if it did: A sequel to the scariest horror game of all time. It was Amnesia almost a decade before Amnesia was a thing. The only game in existence that can make me hyperventilate with a single abstract sound cue and floating JPG. White Day: A Labyrinth Named School.

If only somebody could make a sequel that fixed the worst part of the game: Actually playing it. Scare-wise, White Day is a damn masterpiece, but the gameplay can be... rough. A lot of modern horror games owe a hell of a lot to White Day, and a new White Day could learn a great deal from its descendants in turn.

Also, Patrick really should get around to playing that game on Spookin'. The resulting GIFs could fuel this site for decades.

EDIT: Almost forgot Wappy Dog 2: The Wappening! (2 Wap 2 Furry-ous) (Wappy Dog 2: Wappiness Is A Warm Gun) (Wappy Dog Championship Edition DX) (Wappy Dog: Lethal Wappin')

McGray90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jiggajoe14: Would love an Amped 4! 3 was so good though so doubt they'd be able to better it!

Would love to see a Burnout Paradise 2 or a new Burnout in the same vein on new consoles.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vampire_chibi: You could definitely blow up most if not all city buildings in Mercs 2. I've leveled the cities many times, though the civilian deductions (they don't even die, either) always made it annoying. I tended to stick to dumping rockets into trees though, in revenge for the invincible trees in the first game.

Money wasn't too hard to get if you did all the side stuff, for me at least, but oil was always the biggest pain.

And yeah, the co-op tethered limit was disappointing but I still had some fun with a few random people.

They even had some (very early) footage of Mercs 3: No Limits...first Westwood then Pandemic, damnit EA!

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vampire_chibi Fuck TOR. It ruined Revan's and KOTOR II's Story and it wasn't that fun. It's best left forgoten

MJHAYLETT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was convinced I needed a new HItman and a new SSX. I got both and I did not like either of them. I am happy for new games to come out. That said I would like a new Red Dead Redemption - hypocrite I know.

D4RKSH33P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are purely nostalgia fueled, but I'm on board with something new from Final Fantasy Tactics / Tactics Ogre creator in those veins. Crimson Shroud just didn't do anything for me, too many obscure stats to learn for a small game.

Also Time Splitters 4.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some really good stuff in here I would buy in an instant (Evil Genius 2, KOTOR 3 etc.) ... but I really need Freedom Force 3

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A proper Dragon Quest single player RPG with all the familiar trappings and game play. I do not want an MMO or co-op game. I want something with an epic story, entertainingly chatty characters, mildly offensive humor and enough options to keep me interested for 40 to 60 hours. They really haven't made a proper DQ game since 8 and that came out 2004. Time to get back to basics.

Knights of the Old Republic III

This for the same reasons above. I enjoyed the Old Republic but because it was an MMO it lacked a focused story and I found it too easy to get distracted by common MMO features. KOTOR 1 is still my favorite game of all time, so I would like nothing more than a straight-up single-player RPG sequel (three-quel?) to the original.

Finally, I would love a third Dark Cloud game. The mix of dungeon crawl, town building and action-combat set this one apart from the usual (see DQ) JRPG's of the PS2 era. There was a movement on (*shrug*) Facebook to get a Dark Cloud 3 made and there is a report that Akihito Hino of Level5 has stated there will be Dark Cloud 3 in 2015. I don't have much faith in any of these "possibilities", but I do want to believe.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vampire_chibi: Yep that Rage ..... and I loved the story of Dishonored but yeah a moe open world ( ala Stalker) would be very interesting indeed. Just no radio towers like on any ubisoft game of late.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Homeworld 3.

I have no idea why they haven't already. It would sell bonkers.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of the games I want/need sequels for have already been mentioned...FF Tactics, for instance. FF Tactics Advance was really good, but we definitely need a new Tactics game. That first one is the best game of that genre/of all time.

I would say Torment, but we're getting that.

I would like a PC version of the new Kingdom Rush games. I don't have a mobile device.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Ezekiel

@vampire_chibi said:

@Ezekiel: would you want that universe made like Alien: Isolation, but without the alien? so it would then only be a narrative/immersive experience. shouldn't the alien be able to smell anyone nearby aswell? i think the lack of the word "fuck" is mainly the result of the timeperiod of when the first Alien movie game out and not a choice that was made for other reasons. the revolver thing makes alot of sense, like in real-life you can remove your magazine to see how many rounds you have in, i think this just hasn't gotten into games the way we want it to yet.

Yeah, censorship might have been a reason. I know swearing is realistic, but the devs had no problem putting CRT monitors and '70s computer graphics in the game. Plus, some of the F-bombs feel forced. Speaking of censorship, Ridley Scott said he wanted the crew to wake from hypersleep naked, but said they couldn't for obvious reasons. There's a photo of a bare-chested Sigourney Weaver in her pod. It would have been... interesting to see Amanda Ripley's vulva in the first five minutes of Isolation. I always use the shower in the locker room because I like to role-play, but it's silly to do with underwear on.

I still want the alien(s). Just less of it/them. It doesn't make sense that the alien so often only hunts you, and the frequency makes it less scary.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MonkeyKing1969: this [Playboy The Mansion] is basically the sims meets second life.

It is actually more like Game Dev Story meets The Sims...but with the blur/safety shut off on the Sims part Its is actually an honest to goodness business sim in there.

Yes you can photography the women. Yes, you can have sex. Moreover, your guests, of their own volition, can start having sex at your parties...but it is not required. Selling magazine issues, getting stories, getting writers and columnists was actually rather fun. Brenda Brathwaite (Romero) has mixed feeling about her creation given the male gaze aspects, but she is proud she made and ACTUAL game out of it. It is a good game, and we need more fun business sims.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon's Dogma 2. Such a great framework of an action RPG there. Great combat, boss encounters and so much potential for a better story, a more realized world and possibly more multiplayer features.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Another Xcom:Enemy Unknown expansion, not even a sequel, just more Xcom, PLease.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vampire_chibi: They aren't linked but I still got the notification. And yeah very few non simulation racing games, and the best one in the last few years, Forza Horizon 2, is an exclusive.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d9b5324c01f
deactivated-63d9b5324c01f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legend of Dragoon 2. The only sequel I've ever asked for.

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As it has been echoed a lot, Red Dead Redemption 2. I finished that game 3 times since it came out.

Tenchu. 1 and 2 were ace and the 3rd was not bad. I refuse to believe the last 2 exist.

Advance Wars. I know they were only on Nintendo handhelds but a proper WiiU sequel would be just dandy.

Every Nintendo direct I wait. No Metriod.

Bushido Blade. I played the Deadliest Warrior games wishing those broken things were good and had refined combat as the idea behind them and Bushido Blade was a good one.

Vanquish 2. Even though they are not alike, I get more of the vibe I used to get playing Contra from vanquish than I do from Hard Corp Uprising.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

I just want a new Viva Pinata game.

Oh yeah and Shenmue 3.

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers