Not sequels you want, but sequels you NEED!

• 138 results
monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By monetarydread

@vampire_chibi: Wow.... that is a dedicated post and I respect you for that. did you respond to everyone in this thread?

@cannedstingray said:

The next Deus ex

I am so hype for this game and I am glad that I am not the only one looking forward to Deus Ex: Universe

No Caption Provided

fidgetwidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Tactics Ogre 3... Heck, any new game in the Ogre battle franchise would do. Those games story have always pulled me in!

Doesn't have to be a true sequel, a spiritual successor would do, but Viva Piñata was a game I want more of so badly it would sell me on a console.

fidgetwidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jiggajoe14: wow... I can't believe I forgot about that game! I'm gonna have to play it again now. Thanks for mentioning it!

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#106  Edited By sammo21

I would be interested to see what Watch.Dogs could be with a competent developer, but honestly it would probably just be Assassins Creed in modern day.

Honestly, I can't think of anything.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Chrono series part 3.

I'm currently replaying Chrono Cross on my Vita and man it makes me want another in the franchise so bad. That game is so unique amongst most of the other SE stuff both in story/setting and gameplay mechanics. That soundtrack is amazing too. Of course there is also the first in the series, Chrono Trigger, which doesn't need any more praise as it is already so highly regarded.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#108  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Sequel to ESPN NFL 2K5

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By glots

Third MDK could do swell in this time of (mostly) serious third-person shooters. Just hire Jesper Kyd for the soundtrack again, keep the crazy/big-scaled architechture for the levels and let me play three playable characters and I'll throw my monies at you right away.

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need me a sequel to Alpha Protocol. It's high points were higher than Mass Effect, it had a story that actually changed depending on what you did, something Mass Effect hinted at but never really came through on, and there was good mission variety, I loved that not every mission had you shooting stuff.

I don't really need a continuation of the story, I'd be fine if the sequel was a new main character and story. If the choice is a slightly branching story told over multiple games or a widely branching story told in a single game that's what I would pick.

I suppose that if a sequel didn't need to have any connection to the first game then there doesn't need to be a game called Alpha Protocol 2, so I really just need a new game with similar mechanics and choice.

Come on Obsidian, get that Kickstarter going!

ClaritySam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha Protocol 2 please.

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@unclebenny: They are making a game called Triad Wars. Not a continuation of the story, but its the same gameplay and still set in Hong Kong. This time you are building a criminal enterprise from the ground up. There is a closed beta going on right now and United front has some videos on youtube of them streaming the game, the video starts a few minutes in.

joseffthered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By joseffthered

I've wanted a Suikoden VI for exactly one thousand years. And I could do for Actraiser III. And maybe another E.V.O.

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By vampire_chibi

@SubwayD: i wonder if we'll see others working on "big" Lord of the Rings games other than Monolith, even if they have proven that they're up for the task.

@ZolRoyce: i guess it's because of the environment, it has to be coded to crumble, break and someone has to animate all that jazz, i think it's just laziness, developers would much rather work with a static environment that doesn't change much at all. Might be the budget too, it would cost alot more to do that. Movies, games and books are very different mediums. I don't think the same flock of people that watch a disaster movie would play a disaster game.

@ShaggE: The Neverhood has a very interesting art-style, looks like stopmotion clay figures. White Day can be downloaded from moddb.com apparently.

@Capum15: EA has been doing poorly in recent years with their old IPs, either they don't try to make them the best games they can be or they go off the original core ideas that made the first games great, Dead Space is a good example of just that.

@EternalVigil: with games like The Elder Scrolls Online and The Old Republic, i wonder who those games were really made for, it might be foolish to think that they genuinely believed the original fanbase would love the MMOs more than a straight sequel.

@MJHAYLETT: i didn't play much of the other Hitman games before Absolution, that said, i don't think i would have much interest in a new hitman game either.

@PenguinDust: i'm suprised to see such interest in Dark Cloud 3, i've never heard of it before, there seems to be a large crowd fighting for it's resurrection. "Sony Registers “Dark Chronicle” Trademark" there might still be hope.

@Aetheldod: yeah, i've played Far Cry 3 and the towers are just an annoyance, sure they were interesting back in Assassin's Creed 1 & 2 days, but now there has to be more to them. In Shadow of Mordor atleast they were all the same and they didn't require any effort to get ontop of. Really? i found the story to completely sink after you got the little girl, there wasn't much incentive to pay attention to it after that. Kinda like Borderlands 1's story.

@Honkalot: have you tried Homeworld: Shipbreakers?

@Relkin: you should get one! oh and if it makes it any better you can play frontiers in a webbrowser for free.

@Ezekiel: games like Skyrim where you can't go completely naked doesn't bother me as it's not how i would want to play those games anyways. something like alien on the other hand would be interesting to see them get out of the pods naked, i think it would add to the perception that you couldn't be in one of those pods with clothes on, i think that's the lore of it anyways.

@MonkeyKing1969: the way you describe it makes it sound exactly like Game Dev Story.

@Mikemcn: if they opened the game up more for modding and added an infinite/skirmish mode, i would buy it all over again.

@dudeglove: death threats? oh apparently he has some very "convincing and dedicated" fans out there.

@shrillgore: There's a manga of the original game, well Disc 1, i love how they specify that it's Disc 1, oh the good old days where you would be asked to change CDs mid-game.

@ninjalegend: i could see Rockstar making Red Dead Redemption 2, when is the question tho, they seem to have they hands full with GTA5 lately.

@Shaunage: Viva Piñata was released for PC too, but not on steam, i might return to the pc version.

@MonetaryDread: i tried to reply to those i felt that i could add something to the conversation and thanks! i haven't begun playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution yet, it's in my backlog, what i've heard is that the director's cut is the way to go, so i've gotten that, when i'll be playing it is still unclear.

@fidgetwidget: did you try the PC version of Viva Piñata?

@Sammo21: there must be some game you would really want to see be brought back or remade perhaps?

@Zella: Chrono Trigger had some anime promotional thing going on.

@Glottery: wut? BioWare was working on MDK 2 apparently.. the more you know~

@Hyuzen: do you need the shooting at all? what if you got that game without you shooting anything?

EDIT: No links again, hmm.. well i am writing all this in a text editor first, might be that.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vampire_chibi: Indeed they were. Not that I had any clue about Bioware's other games back then, but they sure did a good job on that game.

LobotomyKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Advent Rising 2 >.>

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShaggE: The Neverhood has a very interesting art-style, looks like stopmotion clay figures. White Day can be downloaded from moddb.com apparently.

It is indeed all stopmotion. I highly recommend it.

And yeah, White Day is easily available. (with a couple of tiny caveats: it requires fan patches to get working and stable... one notorious glitch has only been fixed a couple of months ago, 13 years after release. And you need to install AppLocale to run it, but I think the newer fan installers take care of that for you.)

I really should do a proper blog post on that game some day. I've been singing its praises for a while now, but it's a hard sell, it seems.

Avatar image for gristlemcthornbody
GristleMcThornbody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Otogi 3, someday the good people at fromSoftware will get to it when they become bored with all those souls games...

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

• Dungeon Keeper 3 - Whilst it doesn't look like this will be happening any time soon, thanks to EA's murdering of the franchise through Dungeon Keeper Mobile, I still hold out hope. In the meantime I'll be playing War for the Overworld when it's finished.
  • Aliens vs Predator 2-2 - Monolith's Aliens Versus Predator 2 is superior to both of Rebellion's titles. Give me some more from Monolith!
  • Fallout 4 - Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas have eaten up more hours of my life than I would care to admit. Enough with the Elder Scrolls! Get me back in the irradiated future!
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - This series has a fantastic universe that is (un)dying to be explored in another game! Bring it back!
newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Shadow Man 3 :(

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vampire_chibi: I guess I would take no shooting to more shooting in the style of Alpha Protocol, but if they tuned it up and made it more functional and fun I think you do need some shooting in your Spy RPG

Fevernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Onimusha 5

Jak and Daxter 4

Max Payne 3 (The real Max Payne 3 was crap)

A new GTA set in Vice City

SSX (In the style of SSX 3)

Dark Cloud 3

Twisted Metal Black 2

Zone of the Enders 3

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@vampire_chibi: I'd like to see a new side scrolling Metroid. I actually want a new Crash Bandicoot that's more like the first three games.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A good damn good Sims 4. Not the hell nightmare we were force fed this year.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha Protocol 2 would be nice. Fraggin' Sega....

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Mortuss_Zero

Frag being logical, these are the sequels I really want to buy one day:

• Fallout 4 goddammit!
  • Half-Life 3
  • Red Dead Revengeance (or whatever they call it)
  • Bully 2
  • Manhunt 3 (yeah I said it)
  • Gladius 2 (what's Gladius you ask? One of the finer strategy rpgs of the PS2 era, set in a fantastical version of ancient rome and it's neighbors, sadly forgotten these days)
  • Fallout 4 goddammit!
  • Advance Wars 3D
  • Banjo-Threeie
  • Makai Kingdom 2
  • Paper Mario 3 (cuz screw Super Paper Mario and especially screw Sticker Star. I want another RPG!)
  • The Lost Vikings 3
  • Tomba 3: The Evil Swine Finally Return
  • Fallout 4 goddammit!
meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

This may be generic, but I really do need a new Fallout game. Or Elder Scrolls (too early, I know). I just need a current-gen Bethesda game. I want another spectacular open world with stunning new-generation visuals. Nobody does it like Bethesda.

fidgetwidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By fidgetwidget

@vampire_chibi: Yeah, I have the PC version. Even have the DS version! I am so addicted to that game!

JamMasterMango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need a sequel to Mark of the Ninja.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By koolaid

Swat 5! Swat 4 was so cool. I'd love to get a updated version of that. Or hell, just Swat 4 on steam.

Part of me wants some tighter controls BUT GOSH DARN IT YOU BETTER NOT SIMPLIFY THAT GAME!

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

They should make a new Final Fantasy.

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShaggE: i'm still an infant, when it comes to horror games, i'd properly play it after Amnesia, i'll have to start playing Amnesia too.

@GristleMcThornbody: Remember Bloodborne too.

@FlamingHobo: Monolith appears to be the one studio that can take any franchise and make an success game out of it, they're the disney of video games. Do you play Fallout 3/New Vegas modded?

@Tajasaurus: A comic book exists, i don't know if the story is that interesting tho.

@Fevernova: i've only heard good things about Max Payne 3. There's an anime of Dark Cloud(or it's original title "Dark Chronicle"), i haven't been able to find much more than that link that says there's an anime of it, must be a Japan exclusive thing. How did you like Twisted Metal: Black ONLINE?

@Sammo21: The last Crash Bandicoot game i played was The Wrath of Cortex, which was competent, but my favorite Crash games remains Warped, 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bash with friends.

@alwaysbebombing: How much different is Sims 4 from Sims 3? the visuals seems to have gotten a upgrade, but how much of it is worth getting the game for? I went from playing a tremendous about of hours in the bottleneck of a game the Sims 2 to not really caring much with the Sims 3. The best Sims game i've played is still the very first Sims game, because it had all those weird expansions, The magic one is my favorite.

@Mortuss_Zero: wasn't Manhunt banned in alot of countries, because someone did something and blamed the game for it? When you said that Gladius was set in ancient rome, i didn't expect it to have skeleton warriors and Minotaurs. Fallout 4 will come for sure, anything new you'd want to see in it? i'd like some coop so i can play with friends, nothing fancy, just let my friend join me as an companion.

@Meptron: in the meantime you can mod the games while waiting.

@fidgetwidget: is the pc version any good? it's games for windows right? wasn't that discontinued? does it prevent you from playing the game?

Seems i forgot to post my reply.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vampire_chibi: Manhunt got banned, but in the same countries where everything violent gets banned. There was no special case.

I did indeed say Fantastical for Gladius.

What new do I want out of Fallout 4.... hmmm... I'd like to be able to play as a Ghoul. It would be a cool option. I also would love it if the main character could have several potential actual voices ala' Saints Row or Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#135  Edited By Cloudleet

Jedi Knight 4

I was one of the seemingly few that really loved Jedi Academy and I would love more of that action.

Darksider 3 (and eventually 4)

I loved the first Darksiders so much. Taking on the role as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse was great, because that is a setting that is not used enough. The fact that it also basically was a dark Zeldagame just made it so much more amazing. Darksiders 2 was also good, but fell too much into the LootFest genre to really appeal to me. And they still have two horsemen left! I want some Pestilence and Famine all up in here (They did rename those two for the games, but I can't for the life of me remember them at this moment)!

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 3

I have always liked Raziel. Ever since I saw a picture of him in a video game magazine. He's just the coolest blue vampire out there at this very moment. The ending of Defiance could make it pretty hard to revive him, of course, but there is potential for a great new game there.

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows 2

Mock if you want, but man, Web of Shadows was great, man! I loved swinging around, changing from red to black in an instant, seeing some messed up symbiotic versions of friends and foes.

Pokemon Snap 2

Because Pokemon Snap was great! There is literally no other or better reason. Get to it already, Nintendo (Unless you are working on a Pokemon MMO)!

KOTOR 3

I have invested a lot of hours into The Old Republic. Like, a LOT! And I like it. The Bioware story is there, but it's still not as good as the good old KOTORgames! I want a new one, same engine as Dragon Age Inquisition, only with lightsabers and wookies in space.

zerdune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Shenmue 3

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@twisted: gta 5 was awesome I played the shit out of it

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fez

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Fable 4 -> A REAL sequel to Fable 1 and 2. Not the spin offy kinda junk that's been coming out for a while now

Jade Empire 2 -> Every one who played the original wants this, of course.

@vampire_chibi: I remember playing Overlord 1 but didn't stick around with it for too long cause I felt it lacked story and direction. Does that get better as it goes along? Or is O2 better in that respect? Is it interesting in a Fable - ish kinda way?