soon I hope

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 bigsocrates  Online

Probably some time in 2023 when the deal closes.

It's possible they strike a separate deal before then but it seems unlikely given how old Diablo 3 is already and the fact that they expect to acquire the whole company in the relatively near future.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares either way.

Sorry, petty bitch here.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Diablo III is a great game, and as much as I like Diablo II, its very overrated.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SethMode

I think Diablo 2 is overrated for sure but Diablo 3 is so fucking shaved down that it is barely a game unless you're a person that wants to put a billion hours and multiple new game plusses into it.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having just recently tried to play that Diablo 2 remaster I realized how correct I was all along in thinking that D3 was a better game in every possible way.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Keep in mind the deal isn’t done and Activision still has to act like an independent company. If Diablo 4 is done before then, they will release it on everything even if Microsoft wants it to be an exclusive. They will still want whatever 2022’s Call of Duty to sell a billion dollars, and they’ll have to try their hardest to meet that goal.

If they wanted stuff on Game Pass before the deal closes, they would have to cut a separate deal, give Activision even more money, to get those games on that service. So it could theoretically happen, but it would be unrelated to the acquisition.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: I refuse to play the remaster because I'm certain I'll hate it and then I'll just be left disliking all of the Diablo games once the nostalgia sheen is off.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besetment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@efesell said:

Having just recently tried to play that Diablo 2 remaster I realized how correct I was all along in thinking that D3 was a better game in every possible way.

I've never seen this take before. What's better about Diablo 3?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@besetment: I mean.. I don't have a particularly nuanced answer to this question my general feeling is one of Across The Board. It plays better, the skills are more fun to use, the character classes are more interesting. The story still sucks but it actually has moment to moment stuff that I think is worthwhile.

Frankly I don't think there is anything that Diablo 2 actually does better. Especially now that I went back to the remaster to find that while some old games age gracefully some of them just Feel Old.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

A lot of "Correct Thinkers" in this thread concerning Diablo 3. Thinking that Diablo 2 is somehow superior to Diablo 3 is seeing the world through incredibly thick rose tinted glasses.. then again, I think Fallout 2 is better than any of the modern Bethesda Fallouts but thats just an objective fact.

When the deal closes all that stuff will start coming to Game Pass but the deal actually has to go through in the first place. There is still that marginal 1% chance it won't go through.. and oh boy, that would be a clusterfuck.