Oh Lost Planet 2...

AaronReynolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Edited By AaronReynolds

You tripped over a series of pebbles and fell. Sorry to see you down there with all the other promising or hyped games that fell due to many little problems or one or two big problems. Say hi to Brutal Legend and Turok while you're down there. 

Oh well. Capcom's got SSFIV out to keep their spirits up. I'm gonna go play some Mega Man now.
AaronReynolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AaronReynolds

You tripped over a series of pebbles and fell. Sorry to see you down there with all the other promising or hyped games that fell due to many little problems or one or two big problems. Say hi to Brutal Legend and Turok while you're down there. 

Oh well. Capcom's got SSFIV out to keep their spirits up. I'm gonna go play some Mega Man now.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

If you played the original Lost Planet you knew what to expect. I don't understand why people are complaining.

Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Kbm600

This was really great criticism for the game. told me a lot about what's wrong with it.

Thanks.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DeShawn2ks
@AaronReynolds:  I was really looking forward to this game but the demo turned me off. I was hoping that my feelings was were wrong because some demos have done that but I have seen some pretty low scores. So the game is that bad huh? Well I still got Red Dead to look forward to next week.
nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By nohthink

I honestly think Lost Planet is one of those game that only a few go crazy(like Monster Hunter).  

In Lost Planet's defense, it was meant for people who liked the first one(granted there are not many people). 

Either way, I'm gonna buy this game. Loved the first one(yes, I'm in that minority) and I have no doubt that I'm gonna love the second one too since they really didn't change a lot of things(even the flaws).

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By LordXavierBritish

I was only excited for this because I own a lot of Capcom games and apparently that unlocks stuff.  

Also I got a used copy of Lost Planet for $5 and it smells like cigarettes, so that probably unlocks something too.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By godzilla_sushi

Yeesh, I thought you might have some impressions at least! Or a link! Or a picture!

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Brendan

@Vinchenzo said:

"If you played the original Lost Planet you knew what to expect. I don't understand why people are complaining. "

You're right, but this game was similar in the fact that it made no improvements (By that I mean that the game had at least one crappy thing for every good new thing) over the last game when others have been constantly raising the bar since then. 
AaronReynolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AaronReynolds

Yeah it seemed really interesting, but from what I played in the demo, I couldn't get into it. I expected it to get around 8 or so. Shame. 

@Kbm600: Love the sarcasm. If you were looking for a review of the game, you should check the reviews tab. This was merely my reaction to the scores I saw on Gamespot and IGN. 
   http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/lostplanet2/index.html     
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14254909.html     
Refer to these pages if you want criticism. 

@Vinchenzo: Yeah, but from what I've heard so far, they've only made what was wrong with the original worse, making the game as a whole much less enjoyable. Usually, a sequel gives the developers a chance to improve their previous game. Lost Planet was an interesting game, but it wasn't anything huge. However, had it's shortcomings been fixed, Lost Planet 2 could've had a shot at the top 10. Then again, a lot of these do. But hey, if you enjoy the game, more power to you! I enjoy Prototype, despite all the negative criticism, and I have one more game to enjoy because of it.