old shows coming back in the future?

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The title is self-explanatory, I understand the importance of the new crew establishing themselves with new shows (which I love BTW, Morning Mess, Hot Takeouts are great) but I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say that I miss some of the old ones. I hope within the next year we get some returning shows like Demo Derby and Game Tapes etc. I would love to see the new crew make them their own rather than leave them as archived shows of years past.

Superharman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

I still re-watch the various "This is the Run" seasons. A lot of that is the chemistry between Dan and Vinny, but I think you could get a different fun feel from Dan and Grubb doing it. That said, being in the same room was also a big part of what made it great.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I know there's been talk about both Demo Derby and Game Tapes coming back; it's just a matter of actually finding that stuff in the hard drive nightmare that is the studio. We'll see! No guarantees but I know some of the staff is into it!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I still re-watch the various "This is the Run" seasons. A lot of that is the chemistry between Dan and Vinny, but I think you could get a different fun feel from Dan and Grubb doing it. That said, being in the same room was also a big part of what made it great.

I second more This is the Run. Some very fond memories of that Contra: Hard Corps saga.

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Thanks for the reply. Totally understand that there are hurdles to these coming back, and I appreciate the effort going into making the new shows.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Jess O'Brien's Pro Skater 4

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I’d personally love to see two new people attempt Going Rogue using Ben’s rules for it. It would be fun to see different pairs take it on every so often.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clue Crew is the show I miss the most, but that's more the case of Abby and Nextlander continuing it.

What I'd love to see is a spooky game feature for this spooky season in the vein of Six Crazy Shites. The Mortuary Assistant streams were so good recently and that really made me realize I miss that yearly feature.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@allthedinos: Going Rogue was honestly a pretty great swan song for Ben and Vinny. One of the last standalone video series that debuted before Ben and the Nextlander crew departed GB in the first half of 2021. The comically short episodes are just great.

It had real “This Is The Run” energy except in a game that is patently cruel and unfair. I’d love to see something like Going Rogue or This Is The Run come back.

wakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Dan is back, and he was the bloke most excited about playing Shenmue; so, I would like to see this madman pick (abduct?) two staff members and finish the saga. 😂

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

For Demo-De4rby teh actual discs...the demos...in some cases would be sufficient. Typically for those shows the most interesting 'items' were the video footage, images, code screens, and of course teh 90s "tee-shirts" or "goods" inside a developer's store. Some of the 'old hands' at Game Spot or GB must have some demos discs that could be borrowed.

While a bit outside how demo derby worked I'd love retrospective 'long play' looks of the emo of RE 2 that appeared in the PS1 Director's Cut of Resident Evil 1. The demo of Of Metal Gear 2 Sons of Liberty that appeared in in Zone of the Enders as a pre-order bonus. That sorts fo demos are very interesting.