Old World video, did it disappear?

ZedFlips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Forgive the question during a time of pandemic, but can anyone give me an update about whether the Old world unfinished playthrough has disappeared from the site? I thought I saw a link to it yesterday and now do not see one.

Stay safe, everyone. Thanks for all the content, Bomb folks.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was on my Youtube watch list and disappeared, so I believe so.

VectortheAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It disappeared. I had watched 51 minutes of it before I went to bed and now...into the ether. It's even scrubbed from the Twitch archive.

That's been happening a lot lately. A 1/4 of the streams aren't being archived here and you have to dig around GB's Twitch channel to find them. Almost nothing Jeff or Ben does gets archived on the site. Stuff goes up and then comes down. Personally, I'm finding it really difficult as someone who just can't watch live. I also REALLY don't like using Twitch.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Huh, didn't notice this was happening but I had planned to watch that Old World video today. Sure enough, it's gone now. Wonder what else I missed.

I don't like using Twitch, and it's weird that site content isn't available on the actual site.

VectortheAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Good example, did you know Jeff streamed for an hour yesterday? Because he did.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah, stuff's been weird. I caught a few minutes of a few streams that Ben and Jeff did that I wanted to watch the rest of but they ain't around anymore.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

It was even labelled as an unfinished! Thats weird.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Alex unwittingly broke an embargo on it so had to take it down for now. He mentioned it on the live beastcast a few minutes ago.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That's been happening a lot lately. A 1/4 of the streams aren't being archived here and you have to dig around GB's Twitch channel to find them. Almost nothing Jeff or Ben does gets archived on the site. Stuff goes up and then comes down. Personally, I'm finding it really difficult as someone who just can't watch live. I also REALLY don't like using Twitch.

@csl316 said:

I don't like using Twitch, and it's weird that site content isn't available on the actual site.

I think it is mostly Jeff's stuff that doesn't get put up because a lot of it is test streams and often broken up due to his recent streaming problems. Ironic that Jeff was the one pre-lockdown that had his streaming setup dialed in best.

If you don't like Twitch and can watch locally stored media I recommend sites like https://untwitch.com/ - they do a good job and are mostly free with a few limitations.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex unwittingly broke an embargo on it so had to take it down for now. He mentioned it on the live beastcast a few minutes ago.

Sounds about right. He did mention it was probably going up as an Unfinished so it could be he jumped the gun. Easily done, too. I'm always second guessing embargoes when they come to me.

ZedFlips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the responses and the embargo note, says the OP.