• 68 results
Clairabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Clairabel

Okay, so you're trapped in an oppressive world where video gaming is heavily frowned upon (as are most other forms of leisure) and although you'll probably have people spitting on you in the street, you are allowed to have one game - but that's it. One game to play for the rest of your life, on any console from any era, but that's it.

What do you choose?

(I know my oppressive world scenario is dated, but it's hot and my brain doesn't want to work today.)

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By falserelic

I'll probably choose to never play games again..

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

If we're allowed online access, I'm guessing enough people would choose World of Warcraft to make it worthwhile. Even if I get sick of playing eventually, I know there's enough like-minded people hanging out there that it'll at let me be social with other people who are still into games.

To be more specific, 2007-2008 Burning Crusade era WoW, I haven't really played since then, anyway.

Clairabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Clairabel

@TooWalrus said:

If we're allowed online access, I'm guessing enough people would choose World of Warcraft to make it worthwhile. Even if I get sick of playing eventually, I know there's enough like-minded people hanging out there that it'll at let me be social with other people who are still into games.

To be more specific, 2007-2008 Burning Crusade era WoW, I haven't really played since then, anyway.

Online access is allowed but it's like an underground thing. You have to be careful that no-one catches onto you or anyone you play with.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By laserbolts

Minecraft probably. Can we download adventure maps and mods?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Ravenlight

I'd love to be able to stop playing games. I'd get so much more accomplished!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By toowalrus

@Clairabel said:

@TooWalrus said:

Online access is allowed but it's like an underground thing. You have to be careful that no-one catches onto you or anyone you play with.

So I've got to play WoW in secret in the dark depths of the basement when everyone else is asleep... this really is starting to sound a lot like my senior year of high school. I'm ready for this new closed-minded oppressive society. Let's do it.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By mosespippy

Need For Speed High Stakes for PC. I love that game so much. I play it every year and still have trouble from time to time. If I ever start to find it too easy I could just start using cars that aren't upgraded or race using damaged cars to even it out.

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sockemjetpack

Civilization 5. Just throw that beast onto epic mode and I have my entertainment for the rest of my life.

Clairabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Clairabel

@laserbolts said:

Minecraft probably. Can we download adventure maps and mods?

Yep, but you'll be spat on if anyone knows you're playing it.

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

#11  Edited By brownsfantb

Skyrim + DLC. I'm pretty sure it just keeps pumping out random misc quests for a while so that should hold my attention. Also could just keep rolling new characters.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2 (but offline, obviously), I still play that beauty to this day, I'm sure I'll manage 50 years more.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By maginnovision

Spent way too much time thinking which game I'd choose so I'll just say Hellgate: London

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Phatmac

I'd stop playing games, being spit on kinda sucks.

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#15  Edited By D_W

My answer to similar questions like this is always the same. Dark Cloud 2. Why? Because there is so much to do in that game it's incredible. It probably has too much to do in it.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Morrow

@Clairabel said:

Okay, so you're trapped in an oppressive world where video gaming is heavily frowned upon (as are most other forms of leisure) and although you'll probably have people spitting on you in the street, you are allowed to have one game - but that's it. One game to play for the rest of your life, on any console from any era, but that's it.

What do you choose?

(I know my oppressive world scenario is dated, but it's hot and my brain doesn't want to work today.)

1984 much?

I'd be a rebel and become a video games dealer.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By Nev

I'd go with a Bethesda open world RPG. Morrowind with some nice mods, I suppose.

Clairabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Clairabel

@Morrow: Yeah, I suck at originality.

I was waiting for someone to say this!

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bemusedchunk

Can others play with me?

If it's online do I continue to receive updates?

If so, I've gotta go with WoW...

Edit: Just saw the thing above about being online. Online = WoW. Offline = Heroes of Might and Magic III or Civ V.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I'd rebel against society and form a underground game playing organization.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By renmckormack

Hatris

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By BaneFireLord

Skyrim, so long as I have access to all possible mods and expansion packs. 
EDIT: Oh, only on console? 
Suicide or rebellion are the only options, then.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Skyrider

Probably a sports game, like FIFA. I'd obviously get bored of it eventually, but then it would probably just make me go out and actually play soccer.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By crusader8463

If I had to live in a world where I could only play video games on consoles and not on my PC I would be too busy fighting the power to play games.

ikes78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ikes78

Trials Evolution without a doubt. Track central basically has a never ending supply of user created content. It would take a long time for me to get bored with it.

J0PALACE0K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By J0PALACE0K

I would just stop playing games altogether. But I guess Fifa would be my choice.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FourWude

@D_W said:

My answer to similar questions like this is always the same. Dark Cloud 2. Why? Because there is so much to do in that game it's incredible. It probably has too much to do in it.

This guy knows where it's at. Dark Cloud 2 was the bombshizzle with awesomesauce. Probably my favourite Jrpg of all time. It's been almost a decade and no third one.... But knowing how far Jrpgs have fallen, they'll probably mess it up anyway.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By alexl86

One game is gonna last me the rest of my life? I can have multiplayer, even online multiplayer, but such activities attract attention. I have a few games swirling around in my head...

1. Single-player open world games: Games like Skyrim, Fallout and GTA have the potential for 50+ hours of play, and the first two have meaningful content the second or even third time around, while GTA has multiplayer (though not particularly good multiplayer). Advantage is that it doesn't require an active connection or more people unless you play the multiplayer mode.

2. Multi-player focused games: Games like CoD, Halo, WoW, FIFA, Starcraft etc. have potential for nearly infinite playtime, but mostly requires a constant connection to be played as single-player is limited, or none existing(FIFA has a lot of single-player content if you don't mind playing against AI).

3. Tetris: Just Tetris. Tetris is simple, intuitive, it can be played competitively, you can arrange tournaments and it's timeless. At it's core, Tetris is flawless.

So, Tetris.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By Sambambo

Fifa by far. I spend most of my time playing that now anyway.

However if I was only able to play in solitude, I would pick Minecraft.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

In your Fahrenheit 451 style scenario, I would probably just try to wean myself off of video games.

If I had to choose though, I'd probably go with either Civ V or Minecraft.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CL60
@FourWude

@D_W said:

This guy knows where it's at. Dark Cloud 2 was the bombshizzle with awesomesauce. Probably my favourite Jrpg of all time. It's been almost a decade and no third one.... But knowing how far Jrpgs have fallen, they'll probably mess it up anyway.

Never finished that game. Couldn't figure out where to go and just gave up.
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I'd get one of those old shady European Gameboy cartridges with like 30 games on them.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By Dagbiker

@Clairabel said:

What do you choose?

Easy, Creatures 3 on a Pentium 4. But only if i was timetraveled back to 2000-2002

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By TehFlan

Probably Pokemon. Maybe Civ V.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By bemusedchunk

@alexl86 said:

At it's core, Tetris is flawless.

This man speaks the truth.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BraveToaster

I would find another hobby.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#37  Edited By pyromagnestir

I'd give up games all together and just start doing really risky things like jumping out of airplanes, or rock climbing without gear, shit like that. And be super reckless about it. Basically suicidal.

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#38  Edited By D_W
@FourWude said:

@D_W said:

heh I don't think I've ever heard it described as a jRPG before. Dungeon Crawler, City builder, Golf game, Fishing sim, and probably more stuff as well. I never finished the game because there was just too much to do. Also last I heard they are working on Dark Cloud 3 to some extent. Considering how massive 2 was, it would not surprise me if 3 has had a very long design process.
Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#39  Edited By Eder

I'd finally get around to finishing my own game

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By TobbRobb

Warcraft 3. With all the crazy custom maps. Offline friendly and still fun! Requires people though, but I guess gaming wouldn't be a fulltime hobby anyhow...

Otherwise, I think a game like Civilization or Europa Universalis would be pretty perfect, if my friends abandon completely and I have to sit alone in the dark and play. Those game have pretty much infinite replayability, and you can make one session RIDICULOUSLY long.

Roguelikes would have the same effect to a lesser extent, and I'm not really as fond of them.

I could potentially use all the time not spent on RPGs to get good at street fighter or something, that could be fun. Once again though, requires gaming friends.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Clairabel said:

Okay, so you're trapped in an oppressive world where video gaming is heavily frowned upon

So...real life then?

Anyway, I would play Overthrow Oppressive Government Simulator 2012.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mnzy

Star Craft 2, easy.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FourWude

@CL60 said:

@FourWude

@D_W said:

Never finished that game. Couldn't figure out where to go and just gave up.

I don't know whether you should get the game again, it's not so easy to come by. Or whether you should just move on and miss the Jrpg that stands head and shoulders and no dandruff above all else on ps2

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By iam3green

i would say wow, or some kind of mmo. the game is kind of endless so there is something always to do. i played it for like 3, 4ish years. i played it until around wrath of the lich king came out. i just got bored of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SockemJetpack said:

Civilization 5. Just throw that beast onto epic mode and I have my entertainment for the rest of my life.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By haffy

SC2. Picking a second game would probably be a harder choice.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheSouthernDandy
@mnzy
Star Craft 2, easy.
I'll second this. Between the expansions, mp and the user created mods and maps that'll keep me real busy
Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
The_Last_Starfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minecraft.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tetris, play it on and off and find something else then video games to do.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By JoeyRavn

Superman 64. If people are going to spit on me for playing a game, at least I'll try to deserve it. Other than that, Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver.

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@mnzy
Star Craft 2, easy.
I'll second this. Between the expansions, mp and the user created mods and maps that'll keep me real busy

I don't understand the original question that much. Are you supposed to be the only one who plays games? If so, there will be no MP for StarCraft, right? Or are people only allowed to have one game and just one, as if games were children in China?