One Thing I Really Dislike About The New Site

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By EthanielRain

I really miss being able to see/access information about the game the video is showcasing. Having links to the game's forum, other videos, wiki and etc right by it was nice; it came in handy countless times over the years. It's also baffling to me that basic information like the game's name isn't shown (unless you pause the video?)

I'm not against the site redesign in any way, I just really miss having access to everything related to the game right there. This seems like a step backwards, unless I'm just not seeing it.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Hadn't noticed it, just checked and now I'm ruined! really was nice to hop right into the forums for that title from its video.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. This is one thing that has been bothering me. It also seems that Best of Giant Bomb videos don't have links to the videos the clips were taken from which is a gigantic bummer and somewhat ruins the purpose of those videos to me.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cikame

YOU'RE NOT WRONG.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also..I really dislike not being able to see who posted something.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm mostly in the positive group as far as the overall site redesign is concerned but man, this was something I hadn't noticed and it kind of broke me.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Panfoot

I noticed this the first time I watched a video on the new site and it's been annoying as heck every single time.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

@efesell said:

Also..I really dislike not being able to see who posted something.

This isn't just a personal preference thing for me, it actually adds functionality, since I'll prioritize videos based on who's in them and being able to tell which coast they came from was a quick shorthand.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@ethanielrain: Yep, 100% agree with this. I only realised they had removed a ton of useful information from video pages recently when someone was struggling to find a specific Hitman 2 video (which wasn't attached to the game page for some reason.) Brought it up in that thread at the time too.

I'm not against them trying to redesign the site to look more like Netflix, but I wish they had just gone whole hog and actually copied more. For example, the "Continue Watching" list should be the first thing I see underneath the promoted video, like on Netflix. And they should keep functionality from the old site like being able to go straight to the Wiki/Forum for the game the video is tagged under alongside it, along with providing the Netflix-style episode list on that page.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@eccentrix: yup there are some videos where if I see it’s a East coast or West coast video I know if I wanna watch it or not. The fact that you don’t see the title above the video you’re currently watching or have any links to the Wiki is just a few bold bullet points on an already long laundry list of issues with the redesign. The more I use it the more I wonder if anyone from the design team actually used the site they designed because it’s crazy that some of these rather glaring issues somehow made it through “cert” so to speak.