Open world game where NPCs show appreciation and are happy about what you are doing

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MethodMan008

Hey bombers,

Looking for a new game to play, and I'm in kind of a weird mood...

Can you guys think of any open world games (on PS4 or PC) that are decently populated by NPCs (not zelda) where the NPCs show appreciation and are grateful for what you are doing?

All I can really think of right now is Saints Row 3 and sometimes Persona 5. I finished Persona 5 this year so I'm not quite ready to play that again. Saints Row 3 is probably where I'll be going, but if you can think of any good examples, let me know please! Thanks!

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By liquiddragon

That's a very inFamous thing. Haven't played 2nd Son so can't speak for its quality.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By uhtaree

In Oblivion everyone praises you for being the "Hero of Kvatch" after you save the town Kvatch in the early going. Then in the arena, the black voice actor goes something like, "Good Job, Myrmidon. That's right, Myrmidon!" referring to your new gladiatorial rank. Throughout the game beggars will go "Spare a coin for the infirmed" or something, and when you give it to them they jarringly change tone/voice actor and go "Thank you kind sir!" Finally after you save Cyrodiil/Tamriel from Mehrunes Dagon people won't stop calling you Champion of Cyrodiil. Oh and guards will tell you that you look comfortable in heavy armor.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Too bad you didn't say Xbox because Fable II is as good as this gets. It's hilarious how NPCs follow you around yelling "YAY" and in general being groupies when you're a good guy later in the game. They even give you gifts.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

Infamous immediately sprang to my mind as well. I also haven't played Second Son but on the PS3 games there were always NPC's saying how great you were or how evil.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Dead Redemption has some of this based on how you treat innocent people and other factors.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too bad you didn't say Xbox because Fable II is as good as this gets. It's hilarious how NPCs follow you around yelling "YAY" and in general being groupies when you're a good guy later in the game. They even give you gifts.

I can confirm this (I love Fable 2 so much). Go into a crowded area and eventually you'll have like 15+ people surrounding you, swooning, cheering, hitting on you, calling you hero or whatever you picked as your title, hearts everywhere. But, no Xbox so oh well. Also people loving your dog.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, thanks for all the recommendations. Definitely want to do Second Son.. I played it and beat it at launch and pretty much remember nothing about it so it will be kind of fresh.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By armaan8014

@capum15 said:
@artisanbreads said:

I can confirm this (I love Fable 2 so much). Go into a crowded area and eventually you'll have like 15+ people surrounding you, swooning, cheering, hitting on you, calling you hero or whatever you picked as your title, hearts everywhere. But, no Xbox so oh well. Also people loving your dog.

Also Fable 1! Loved how they'd react to my hero, clapping and cheering him on (and "Yay!") Heck there was a kind of a platform you could just stand on to increase your fame and just...show yourself off to everyone. A crowd would gather and you'd pose for them, if I remember correctly.

(Never got to play Fable 2 as it never came to the PC. I almost bought a system just for that game but decided it wasn't worth it for just one game. Bought a PS4 instead)

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weirdly, Saints Row the 3rd has the general public be really jazzed to see you out and about.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

That's a very inFamous thing. Haven't played 2nd Son so can't speak for its quality.

Seconded! First thing I thought of: if you go down the goodguy path, the people are STOKED when you show up.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By BoOzak

I'd think any Spiderman game would be like that, unfortunately most of them are terrible. The Saboteur had the colour return to each area you liberated and people seemed pretty happy about it. Pretty much any game where you're part of a revolution Just Cause, Homefront, Far Cry etc. Granted those games are less about you and more about blowing shit up.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@armaan8014: If you like Fable that much you owe it to yourself to play 2 at some point. I liked it a lot more than the first game but that's me. It's one of the better games of that gen for sure.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Infamous came to my mind same as some others here. Second Son is alright. It feels short and definitely like an early generation title. I can't remember if people are as stoked to see you in that one since society is against people with powers. The original is a real fun game though.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

@armaan8014: If you like Fable that much you owe it to yourself to play 2 at some point. I liked it a lot more than the first game but that's me. It's one of the better games of that gen for sure.

Haha, I'll definitely get around to playing it one day. I currently don't live in a place where I can rent consoles or buy used ones for cheap, but once I have the chance I definitely will!

LittleWask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First thing that came to mind for me is Spider Man 2. Lots of grateful citizens who need favors done.

Witcher 3 is also a fun choice, because some people are genuinely appreciative, while other NPCs might resent you for delivering news they didn't want.

Infamous Second Son was a great game with really fun powers and plenty to do to help innocent citizens.