Patrick Klepek's new platform stream.

migrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By migrations

I was watching Patrick play Mario Maker (some vids from a few years ago) and then I watched him play some Mario cat game when he was working for Giant Bomb. So I asked him on Twitter if he was going to be playing anymore platformers on stream because he's kind of good at them and he's kind of known for playing them. Spelunky is a good one also. Well he said.

Yes. My hope is to do a weekly stream around something like that in 2017.

I think it's a typo and he means 2018. Still just wanted to let you guys know! Exciting news.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Monkeyman04

For future reference. If you want to add the tweet to a post there's a tab on the WYSIWYG that says "tweet".click that and just copy/paste the link.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe he's just waiting for time travel to be invented.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

@zeik: He's shifting between world lines if you will.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@zeik: He made a real-life 2poch.

migrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, Patrick brought back Spookin with Scoops for Outlast 2 in May 2017 and said on that stream he was going to do a weekly stream for the horror stuff and unless I’m mistaken, has yet to ever do another episode.

Between the loss of his regular Spookin with Scoops streams and the loss of regular episodes of his horror movie podcast with his wife, the only thing left for him to come back with would be a regular platforming stream.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to watch his spelunky and binding of issac streams before he left giantbomb. I think it was some of the best stuff on the site at the time actually.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: I think his Spelunky and Mario Maker runs were not only fun to watch but as a casual viewer of platforming games (they aren't my genre of choice) by my reckoning he seems pretty damn good at them. Seeing him try almost every type of Spelunky run was fun but watching him systematically take apart Ryckert's Hell levels were both awful and amazing to watch. He could have been tearing them apart forever but the Ryckert/Klepek fued could not last forever(for various reasons I imagine) so they just let Dan win, but Patrick could have beaten them all given enough time.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick was like king of the morning video game streams for awhile there, between Spelunky, Isaac and Mario Maker. I loved those streams, hope he does come back to them this year.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htr10: He did a few streams of the Evil Within 2 and Doki Doki Lit Club

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I miss the Patrick streams so I'm down for that. Because of where he lives he's never on any of the Waypoint group streams so I basically only get him when I catch the podcast or when they do Battlegrounds. He played one of my Mario Maker levels as one of the last streams he did of that game, I still go back and watch that one occasionally because it was also a pretty good episode.

I hope he can find something as good for daily streams as those other ones...unless a new, cool Mario Maker games comes out soon, then I just hope he does more of that.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This IS exciting. I watched a lot of Mario Maker Mornings after work back then. Would love to get back into that swing.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I loved his Spelunky rivalry with Chris Remo! That final video was intense.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ah, that cat mario is a classic...

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched Mario Maker Mornings religiously for a while. A very nice way to relieve stress for a bit after class with coffee and a muffin. Here's hoping they bring it back to Switch. Or even better, Mario Maker 3D. Would love to tackle Sunshine-style obstacle courses.