PC gaming is still in the biz. Have some discussion

Darkkn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Darkkn

It sure is. Shit loads of great games incoming! Some that im looking forward to:

STALKER: Clear Sky
Prince Of Persia
Fallout 3
Diablo 3
Starcraft 2
WOW: WotLK
Spore
Dragon Age: Origins
Mirror's Edge
ARMA 2
Operation Flashpoint 2
Warhammer: Age of Reckoning
Left 4 Dead
Empire: Total War
Crysis: Warhead
FarCry 2
Dead Space
Project Origin

Need more time to play games!

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Termite

PC gaming is the undying beast the will eventually devour EVERYTHING! BWA!!!

*calms down* well, I'm looking forward to lots of stuff this year

realkilla789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By realkilla789

lol termite

Meliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Meliv

Looking forward to Starcraft II, Diablo III, Fallout 3 and Spore!

SmokeyDaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By SmokeyDaBear

Diablo 3 is all that I need to say.

Abunai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Abunai

Never enough money for all the PC games I want to buy >:

BigbyWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BigbyWolf

I've been playing PC religiously since I bought Orange Box and started using Steam back in late 07.  My PC enthusiasm had been waning for a while, but Steam brought me right back, and I've been getting alot of PC games the last year.  Thanks you, Valve, for reigniting my love for PC.

Finished Call of Juarez a while back, and I recommend it to everyone who likes shooters, western, or both.

Currently playing NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer (Awesome), Mass Effect, and doing a solo run on KOTOR.  I also got the Chzo Mythos series (freeware adventure games by zero punctuation guy), but haven't started them yet.

Looking forward to Fallout 3, NWN2: Storm of Zehir, Mirror's Edge, Spore, Dragon Age, Left 4 Dead, and some more I can't remember at this moment.

Vermouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Vermouth

I have an absolute raging game boner for Dragon Age Origins.  I was really tepid on that teaser trailer that looked like Lord of the Rings but when i actually started seeing what the gameplay was like I was totally  into it.  I just hope it'll run on my laptop. 

Also I think Battlefield Heroes and Quake Zero look like awesome free games.  I hope because they're free there might be a broader range of talents in there than the people who are still playing Q3:Arena or BF2 who are all god damned ninjas. 

And then there's this game i like to play Maybe you've heard of it called world of Warcraft.  I hear there's an expansion coming out which might do some bussiness.  I'm so looking forward to getting my rogue on in Northrend as the new Assasination talents look pretty rad for raiding.  And thank goodness for a 10 man raid track.  I like my guild but we're really getting cockblocked by trying to get enough people to do SSC and I don't want to leave my friends. 

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By SonicFire

Ok, question for the PC fanboys... looking at the slate of games, how much $$$ would it cost to get into this next generation of PC games? We've already seen crisis and AOC tear through machines... so will this next batch have a $2000+ price tag for those in need of a new PC?

Darkkn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Darkkn
SonicFire said:
"Ok, question for the PC fanboys... looking at the slate of games, how much $$$ would it cost to get into this next generation of PC games? We've already seen crisis and AOC tear through machines... so will this next batch have a $2000+ price tag for those in need of a new PC?"
600$ if you do proper research on components and dont mind medium settings on crysis. 800$ for crysis High settings. 1000$ if you dont build it yourself and get scammed by hp/dell/whateva. +350$ for 24" 1080p monitor if you dont have decent monitor already.
Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Painballz

PC owns all

Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Locke
SmokeyDaBear said:
"Diablo 3 is all that I need to say.
"
Smokey might be on to something here.
stAtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By stAtic

PC all the way I say! I can't wait for Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2! xO

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By SonicFire

Thanks for the advice Darkkn, I'm really wanting to break back into PC gaming, but can't say I've got a few G to make it happen

SyneticK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SyneticK

PC gaming pwns all haha. Right now I'm playing TES: Oblivion. A little bit of DMC4, and that's kinda it. It's a slow period right now for PC. Later this year though it's gonna go crazy. I can't wait for Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, Spore, MERCS 2!!!!, Pure, Left 4 Dead,  that's pretty much it haha. I think we should all post up our PC specs for fun :D
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.4GHz
GPU: Nvidia 9600GT Slightly OC'd
Ram: 2GB.
Monitor: 19 inch HP (LCD)

Vermouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Vermouth
SonicFire said:
"Ok, question for the PC fanboys... looking at the slate of games, how much $$$ would it cost to get into this next generation of PC games? We've already seen crisis and AOC tear through machines... so will this next batch have a $2000+ price tag for those in need of a new PC?"
You know, if you really take a look at what's going on in PC gaming people aren't pushing the envelope that much further.  I mean I still haven't seen any games that are as demanding as Crysis in the pipe.  If you spend say 1200 dollars on a laptop or 800 or less on a desktop you should really be in good. 

The one caveat there is you've got to do your research and figure out what's the deal.  You can't expect to just walk into Bestbuy or logon to Dell.com and have them point you to a perfect mix of power and price. 
death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By death919
SonicFire said:
It's not THAT much, I've been thinking of building one recently, for the parts I'd want to build mine it'd be about $1200 Canadian, a little under that maybe, and it'd max out every game out there except Crysis, which would run on high.
death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By death919
Darkkn said:
"SonicFire said:
600$ if you do proper research on components and dont mind medium settings on crysis. 800$ for crysis High settings. 1000$ if you dont build it yourself and get scammed by hp/dell/whateva. +350$ for 24" 1080p monitor if you dont have decent monitor already.
"
Oh no man, pre-mades are ALOT more than that!  A Dell costs about double a self-built one with the same specs, they charge alot.  I was looking at this one Dell desktop, and to upgrade the video card to an 8800gt, it cost $270 more... but a 8800gt on its own is like $120 or something like that if you buy it for yourself!
yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By yorro

Don't forget Legend

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC gaming is going downwards, not upwards. This is fact.

Does not mean awesome games are not coming to it... just means less.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Homer

I really like the Orange Box for the pc. :) and gears of war

yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers