Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Garfield360UK

Hey all

I am thinking of picking up some new PC games and would like your suggestions.

I play alot on Dawn of War, Football Manager 2008, Far Cry etc which are my recent buys. I don't have many PC games and so would like your suggestions on great games I should get?

My spec's are:

Intel Pentium E2160 (1.8Ghz per core)
2 Gigabytes of DDR(2) memory
nVidia Geforce 8600GT 256mb
Windows XP

Cheers :)

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Clean

check my blog if your into downloading emulators cause I have been playing SNES games recently

anyway every goes crazy about Crysis

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Dude

I have recently been playing STALKER and man is the game good, it has some issues but they are easily over shadowed by the many great parts of the game.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Mercs2, Far Cry 2 and Crysis Warhead and maybe SCII

Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Iffy350
The_Dude said:
"I have recently been playing STALKER and man is the game good, it has some issues but they are easily over shadowed by the many great parts of the game.
"
How far are you dude. I am just past the brain scorcher level and I haven't beat it yet.
Replica23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Replica23

I second that, STALKER is a good choice. Especially with  the price one can purchase it from Steam. And hit Company of Heroes if you haven't yet.

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By MasterSplinter

Left 4 Dead and Far Cry 2 when they come out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I am getting geared up to play Max Payne 1. I havent started the game yet just been messing around with bullet time in the tutorial. Which is awesome.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By elko84

If you're an RTS guy, I would recommend getting Supreme Commander or Company of Heroes.  Great games.

Leone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By Leone
Garfield360UK said:
"Hey all

I am thinking of picking up some new PC games and would like your suggestions.

I play alot on Dawn of War, Football Manager 2008, Far Cry etc which are my recent buys. I don't have many PC games and so would like your suggestions on great games I should get?

My spec's are:

Intel Pentium E2160 (1.8Ghz per core)
2 Gigabytes of DDR(2) memory
nVidia Geforce 8600GT 256mb
Windows XP

Cheers :)"
Try Relic's other RTS series, Company of Heroes- it'll feel similar to Dawn of War, except in World War II instead of the Grim and Dark Future of the 41st Millennium.

I'm amazed no one has told you to pick up the Orange Box yet, so go ahead and do yourself a favor and get that as well. After you're done with that, start hunting down Source Mods, seeing as how it is one of the biggest modding communities in the PC gaming circle.

Galactic Civilization 2 and Sins of a Solar Empire are two great 4X strategy games on the market right now (former being turn based, the latter being real-time)

Check out the Battlefield series for some good online shooters.

Rise of Nations and the Total War series (Rome and Medieval) are also great RTSes that can be a blast to play.

There's always the Sims for sandbox/god gamers.

BioShock and STALKER are also some big titles that are great.

I'd recommend downloading the World in Conflict and Crysis demos to see if your machine can run it well, if so, try those out (Former is a WW3 RTS set in an alternate world where the Cold War goes hot in 1989 and the latter is the critically acclaimed shooter; a solid game but probably not the best one out there in my opinion)

All in all, just those last two games might be pushing it on your computer, the others should run smooth.
warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By warxsnake

total war series, no doubt. check out medieval 2.

Leone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By Leone
elko84 said:
"If you're an RTS guy, I would recommend getting Supreme Commander or Company of Heroes.  Great games."
I wanted to recommend SupCom on my list, but I'm kind of worried it'll choke his machine up on the bigger 81km matches.

Go ahead and try out the demo and see if it runs well, if it does, that's another great RTS out there- but I'm not too particularly fond of the expansion, Forged Alliance.
tovan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By tovan

It's kind of out there, but I loved the Sam and Max series, I would recommend those.

UrbanGuerilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By UrbanGuerilla

Check out Steam there is a huge selection of games there but my favourites would be Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2 so basically the Orange Box.

I would also recommend older PC games like Diablo, Fallout and Grim Fandango.

osmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By osmiles

Definitely pick up the orange box.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By elko84
Leone said:
"elko84 said:
"If you're an RTS guy, I would recommend getting Supreme Commander or Company of Heroes.  Great games."
I wanted to recommend SupCom on my list, but I'm kind of worried it'll choke his machine up on the bigger 81km matches.

Go ahead and try out the demo and see if it runs well, if it does, that's another great RTS out there- but I'm not too particularly fond of the expansion, Forged Alliance.
"
Yeah try out the demo.  Also Medieval 2 Total War is a great recommendation!  I didn't mention The Sims cause I figured everyone knows what that is and should just own it automatically. :)
The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Dude
Iffy350 said:
"The_Dude said:
"I have recently been playing STALKER and man is the game good, it has some issues but they are easily over shadowed by the many great parts of the game.
"
How far are you dude. I am just past the brain scorcher level and I haven't beat it yet.
"
Not that far, I have no idea what you're talking about so obviously I have some catching up to do. :)
The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Dude
Iffy350 said:
"The_Dude said:
"
"
Not that far, I have no idea what you're talking about so obviously I have some catching up to do. :)
El_Tacostar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By El_Tacostar

Starcraft and Red Alert 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7c31174a7f0
deactivated-5d7c31174a7f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Far Cry 2, Crysis Warhead, Gears 2 (I bet there will be a PC port) and anything else that looks flashy.