PC vs Console gaming

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By snakeitachi

I have been a console gamer the majority of my life and still love console gaming and always will. After seeing youtubers talk about pc gaming and how much better it is then console gaming, my interest in pc gaming became very high. Once I got my own gaming PC I can safely say I can never go back, the deals, mods, community make pc gaming the ultimate gaming platform there is and I just love it. I just wanted to know how many of you are pc gamers and console gamers and if your a console gamer if you could explain why you don't pc game, this is a debate topic and I would love for everyone to share there thoughts on the topic.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By iam3green

don't have sound right now.

i would say a little nudge to the pc. the graphics are always better than consoles, there is always a community for older games, mods for games. there are always people playing older games on the pc. the consoles they either shut down the server after a couple of years, or the community just ends up dieing.

on the other hand sometimes pc games are bad on the pc. the console game is better. the developers don't do a great job optimizing the game for the pc so it ends up being crappy.

Mageman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mageman

The PC gaming is better but it is a bit more expensive (however not by much as some console fags try to tell you). You get what you pay for, also certain genres like FPS and RTS are basically fucked on the consoles, although some genres like platformers are not that well represented on the PC.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Jrinswand

My thoughts: You're too young to being playing M-rated games. 

Also, they both have their merits. :O

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Chop

No. I have a far more interesting debate for us to tackle again.

Pancakes vs Waffles.

Personally, I think a good pancake beats the best waffles. However, I've had plenty of bad pancakes and NEVER a bad waffle.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FritzDude

Who says everything has to be versus?

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mtcantor

Not this again.

I swear, I've been having this conversation for the last 20 years.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LiquidSwords

Most original thread. Ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Chop said:

Pancakes vs Waffles.

Personally, I think a good pancake beats the best waffles. However, I've had plenty of bad pancakes and NEVER a bad waffle.

You make a fair case. Yet, I would argue that pancakes have more options when it comes to what to put on them, while waffles are fairly limited in that aspect. Personally, I am also a pancake man.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BraveToaster

PC VS Console game threads always devolve into shit slinging matches. Also, we already have a few of these threads, there's no need to post a new one.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ravenlight

@Chop said:

Pancakes vs Waffles.

There's a chicken and waffles place near where I live and it's amazing. On their own, the waffles are the best I've ever had, hands down. They've got the right balance between fluffy, crispy, and, chewy and they have just a hint of cinnamon in them. Paired with equally awesome fried chicken, it's easy to see why the line out the door starts as soon as they open every day.

I can't imagine "chicken and pancakes" would be the same sort of experience no matter how good the pancakes were.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jrinswand
@Ravenlight said:

There's a chicken and waffles place near where I live and it's amazing. On their own, the waffles are the best I've ever had, hands down. They've got the right balance between fluffy, crispy, and, chewy and they have just a hint of cinnamon in them. Paired with equally awesome fried chicken, it's easy to see why the line out the door starts as soon as they open every day.

I can't imagine "chicken and pancakes" would be the same sort of experience no matter how good the pancakes were.

Are you from Alabama? That place sounds like an Alabama-ass eating establishment.
Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Justin258
this is a debate topic

...and it's never one that ends well.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ravenlight

@Jrinswand said:

@Ravenlight said:

Are you from Alabama? That place sounds like an Alabama-ass eating establishment.

Scottsdale, yo!

It's is Alabama as fuck, though. And the only place in town I can get a huge Mason jar full of orange Fanta.

Zenogiasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Zenogiasu

@Ravenlight said:

@Chop said:

Pancakes vs Waffles.

It's shit like this that makes me want to move down to America. I'll bring the syrup.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jrinswand
@Ravenlight said:

It's is Alabama as fuck, though. And the only place in town I can get a huge Mason jar full of orange Fanta.

Mason jars of orange Fanta are possibly the most Alabama thing I've ever heard of in my life.
snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By snakeitachi

@BraveToaster: Well sorry if Im not always on these threads like you =P

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#18  Edited By Kidavenger

Stop being a cheapass, do both.

One thing I will say, the 350+ games I have on Steam cost me less than the 20 PS3 games I have.

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By snakeitachi

@LiquidSwords: You giantbomb guy's actually make my day. My friend's told me the large majority of people on these threads are a bunch of assholes ahhhhh i miss the old giantbomb.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zeforgotten

My Consoles could kick my PCs ass. 
At least when I throw them at it  

all of the platforms I play games on are worth playing games on. 
Otherwise I wouldn't do it in the first place. 

Stop this stupid war! WON'T ANYONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!(Playing M-rated games, apparantly) 

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By snakeitachi

@Chop: K? waffles.

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By snakeitachi

@Jrinswand: Way too young? im 16 dumb ass i say it in the video. FACEPALM.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By maginnovision

@Asrahn said:

@Chop said:

Pancakes vs Waffles.

You make a fair case. Yet, I would argue that pancakes have more options when it comes to what to put on them, while waffles are fairly limited in that aspect. Personally, I am also a pancake man.

I disagree with both of you. Waffles are the BEST. Not only can you put the exact same things on them, they hold up better than pancakes over time. All the toppings don't just slide off either. I don't like super thick, and soggy from the get go waffles though. They have to be crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. I bought a griddle and a waffle maker, the only use the griddle sees is grilled cheese sandwiches.

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By snakeitachi

@Kidavenger: Too true. Most PC gamer's probably have a console anyway

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By snakeitachi

@believer258: Yup! because grown men on these forums get butt hurt and can't take the heat!

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By maginnovision

@snakeitachi said:

Not 17? Too young for M games. Lol

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By snakeitachi

@BraveToaster: K.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BraveToaster

@snakeitachi said:

@BraveToaster: Well sorry if Im not always on these threads like you =P

You don't have to always be on these threads to know that. Simply search before posting. It only took me 5 seconds to find those PC vs Console threads. =P

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By snakeitachi

@iam3green: You do know that video games are developed on pc? So it being ''a crappy port'' doesn't apply here.

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By snakeitachi

@Maginnovision said:

@snakeitachi said:

I am VERY young daddy :(

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By napalm

This topic suuuuucks. Move on, brethren.

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By Jrad

@snakeitachi said:

@LiquidSwords: You giantbomb guy's actually make my day. My friend's told me the large majority of people on these threads are a bunch of assholes ahhhhh i miss the old giantbomb.

Apostrophes are used to indicate missing letters or possessive case: e.g., "My friend's opinions are retarded," is correct, but "My friend's are stupid," is grammatically incorrect. I only state this because adding apostrophes with every pluralization is an utter waste of time. If you're going to be lazy on the internet, at least go the whole mile and don't use any unnecessary punctuation at all.

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By snakeitachi

@Jrad: @Jrad said:

@snakeitachi said:

Apostrophes are used to indicate missing letters or possessive case: e.g., "My friend's opinions are retarded," is correct, but "My friend's are stupid," is grammatically incorrect. I only state this because adding apostrophes with every pluralization is an utter waste of time. If you're going to be lazy on the internet, at least go the whole mile and don't use any unnecessary punctuation at all.

WOAH we got a BADASS over here! love you grammer nazi's!

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By maginnovision

@snakeitachi said:

@Maginnovision said:

@snakeitachi said:

Getting creepy in here now.

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By snakeitachi

@Maginnovision said:

@snakeitachi said:

@Maginnovision said:

@snakeitachi said:

Getting creepy in here now.

Agreed your making this pretty creepy!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ravenlight

@snakeitachi said:

@snakeitachi said:

Duder just did your English homework for you and you're gonna complain about it? Kids these days :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Well thanks for telling us how it is. We've spent the last 25 years unconscious.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By maginnovision

@Jrad said:

@snakeitachi said:

I tend to u'se apo'strophe's anytime I u'se an 'S.

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jrad

@snakeitachi said:

@snakeitachi said:

You need only press either the "Quote" or "Reply" button. Pressing both results in duplicate messages being sent.

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By snakeitachi

@Jrad: K.

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jrad

@snakeitachi: You have it now! Congratulations. If you can't be literate, you can at least be computer literate, which is the next best thing.

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By snakeitachi

@Jrad said:

@snakeitachi said:

@snakeitachi said:

You need only press either the "Quote" or "Reply" button. Pressing both results in duplicate messages being sent.

YAY!

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NMC2008

I am a console gamer and I understand that PC gaming is technically better but PC doesn't have the games I want and if they did I would probably have to buy another part for my PC to play it properly. Console gaming is easier for me and I like the variety of games they bring to the table in comparison to PC gaming, there are more games that interest me that are only on consoles as well. So PC gaming is technically better but console gaming is better for me.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LiquidSwords

@snakeitachi said:

LoL! Little kids talking about the old days. 3 years ago is not "the old days".

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45  Edited By Justin258

Fuck. The OP's just an idiot kid who's come on here to be an asshole.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By Geno

Other than certain game exclusivities and ease of use, PC gaming is better in every way. It's much more expensive though, out of reach for most teenagers/early 20's which is something like the majority of gamers. It's not much of a debate; a Bugatti Veyron is better than a Ford Sedan, but much more expensive and not as practical to drive. Both fill their own niches for age, income and quality demographics alike. The only reason to "look down" on console gamers is if they insist their graphics or performance is comparable or something.

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By snakeitachi

@believer258: Look at the people who came at me first! ''Believer'' =P

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By zeushbien

Whatever you prefer man, izzal good!

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By cmblasko

@snakeitachi: That's not quite how it works. Games developed on PCs are not necessarily being made to run on PCs.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NTM

I like both.